Bit Of A Yarn

Riccarton

It looked a pretty decent track today, with winners coming from all over. The Te Akau three year old looked particularly smart and I wonder who is being targeted to ride him in the guineas. It certainly makes a difference having quality riders like Lisa Allpress and Kozzi Assano there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ludwig said:

Well, I suppose something good had to. Unlike the planners who planned the new subdivision on the old course land. How many people per square inch have they tried to shove in there?

I guess it is subjective.....but I think it's horrible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ludwig said:

It looked a pretty decent track today, with winners coming from all over. The Te Akau three year old looked particularly smart and I wonder who is being targeted to ride him in the guineas. It certainly makes a difference having quality riders like Lisa Allpress and Kozzi Assano there.

Yip he did look pretty dominant in that performance. I don't see why Jason Laking wouldn't keep the ride?. Sounds like from what i read that he rides the horse in trackwork as well as helping out Te Akau. If weight isn't an issue then i don't see why he can't keep the ride,is no mug.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Freda said:

I guess it is subjective.....but I think it's horrible. 

They seemed to zoom in a bit closer than usual as the horses went down the back and I was thinking what an attractive course Riccarton is with the trees down the back, then they came to the subdivision which looked pretty ugly and ruined the whole look. Most of the tracks that keep selling off land and get surrounded by building of various types start to look a bit ugly. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Doomed said:

They seemed to zoom in a bit closer than usual as the horses went down the back and I was thinking what an attractive course Riccarton is with the trees down the back, then they came to the subdivision which looked pretty ugly and ruined the whole look. Most of the tracks that keep selling off land and get surrounded by building of various types start to look a bit ugly. 

I agree. I thought the houses were more obvious than usual. I suppose I kept fearing that some poor soul would step out on to the deck of their place in the all together, and that would be a new meaning to the term, " racing handicap".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1