NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

The Informant

Mardy

Went into my local Countdown today after work to grab a copy of the paper.Saw it on the shelf...picked it up,and then i noticed something wasn't quite right...It had the date of June 28 and a picture of Max( the jumper) on the front page,obviously promoting the already run Hawkes Bay Chase.I saw no point in asking the staff..as a) they'd say that they dont know if their is a current issue or b) there would be no one around to ask anyway.So i put it back and away i went.Was wondering has that happened to anyone else today?..or is my local in Blenheim a little bit behind the times.

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

Went into my local Countdown today after work to grab a copy of the paper.Saw it on the shelf...picked it up,and then i noticed something wasn't quite right...It had the date of June 28 and a picture of Max( the jumper) on the front page,obviously promoting the already run Hawkes Bay Chase.I saw no point in asking the staff..as a) they'd say that they dont know if their is a current issue or b) there would be no one around to ask anyway.So i put it back and away i went.Was wondering has that happened to anyone else today?..or is my local in Blenheim a little bit behind the times.

I have had that a bit, the old best bets was the same at times. Your right no good asking anyone about it. 

Edited by Tonkatime!

17 hours ago, Mardy said:

Hi Mardy,

Apologies for this, I have passed it on to our distributor so we can follow up with the store in question.

As you point out given the lack of racing knowledge out there it is common that old editions are simply put back on the shelf without any understanding that they are no longer relevant for customers.

If you have any issue finding a store please free call 0508 4 INFORM and one of our team will help.

We also have a subscription special at the moment and with 98% of our subscribers getting their copy on Thursday couriered to the door it may be something to consider as i know our retailers in Blenheim are limited.

regards,

Matthew

• Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, TheInformant said:

Hi Mardy,

Apologies for this, I have passed it on to our distributor so we can follow up with the store in question.

As you point out given the lack of racing knowledge out there it is common that old editions are simply put back on the shelf without any understanding that they are no longer relevant for customers.

If you have any issue finding a store please free call 0508 4 INFORM and one of our team will help.

We also have a subscription special at the moment and with 98% of our subscribers getting their copy on Thursday couriered to the door it may be something to consider as i know our retailers in Blenheim are limited.

regards,

Matthew

Nice reply Matthew, 

Always good when those connected to companies front ?

• Champ Post 1