Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Tips.

Mardy

R1-5 Joey Maguire.Ran a nice enough race last time out int he Juniors race.Was ok in this kind of race the start prior.Has raced better fields than this.Can win if hes on his A game.

R2-3 Valley Star.Was good in his 2 runs at home last month.Looks to have some ability so can feature in this.

R3-9 His Royal Harness.Sizzled home from the back to score nicely first up for the Mark Jones barn.Gets another tricky draw.But if he gets a similar run he'll be in the finish,.

R4-6 Go Kiwi.Has done nothing wrong in his 3 runs to date.Looks an improving type and will relish being back to the mobile here.Will be hard to beat here.

R5-2 Flyinova.Steps up in grade but was impressive when winning last Sunday.Will trot the journey so can be a player here.

R6-2 Jungle Gem.Has produced 3 good placed runs at her last 3 goes..including a nice 3rd behind some handy types last week.Drawn handy and can go close to nailing her first win.

R7-4 Chief Of Staff.Made good ground to place last week once he found some room.Is an honest enough sort who generally can step away.Can figure in this.

R8-2 Running On Empty.Won well last week in a similar sort of race.Small field here and a nice draw so looks the toughest to beat here.

R9-6 Desperateanddangerous.Nice win 2 weeks ago to clear the maiden class.Does jump up in grade and meet some handy types.But on what he's shown to date he's some sort of chance.

R10-4 Red Moon Rising.Got savaged in front last time out and understandably faded out.Drawn nice here and over this trip he'll give them something to chase.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mardy said:

R1-5 Joey Maguire.Ran a nice enough race last time out int he Juniors race.Was ok in this kind of race the start prior.Has raced better fields than this.Can win if hes on his A game.

I think this horse has had his day. I remember the days when he was competitive in much harder races and every time he lines up I think to myself that he must be a chance, always goes out short on tote but for no reason. Had his day I reckon in my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, Mardy said:

R2-3 Valley Star.Was good in his 2 runs at home last month.Looks to have some ability so can feature in this.

Nice, Mardy. ?

43 minutes ago, Mardy said:

R6-2 Jungle Gem.Has produced 3 good placed runs at her last 3 goes..including a nice 3rd behind some handy types last week.Drawn handy and can go close to nailing her first win

I agree. Must go close.

45 minutes ago, Mardy said:

R10-4 Red Moon Rising.Got savaged in front last time out and understandably faded out.Drawn nice here and over this trip he'll give them something to chase.

Looked like he could have been anything when he first started. Now I am not so sure. For a horse who always goes out at short odds, sometimes very short, he underdelivers and burns the believers but he is just one of those horses that punters love. He will lead again tonight so we shall see. It is a very non-descript field. If The Golden Boy had drawn better, I would have punted him all day.

I'm also interested to see how good Go Kiwi actually is. Intrigued.

Great Stuff, Mardy. Enjoyed your thoughts ?

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

I've given up on Red Moon Rising, ever since Gavin Smith moved from the beach to Rangiora his horses haven't done much, always takes the punters money this horse.

Sorry guys about not posting tips last night,time got away on me.I see Jungle Gem won but sadly i didnt have a cent on her.Mind you the only bet i had last night was on my 3yr old filly up in Auckland who ran a close 3rd.Will post some for Oamaru tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1