Bit Of A Yarn

A couple of the best trials seen for a wee while in NZ!!

Two trials on at Matamata tomorrow.....avoiding the AWT perhaps?  Or a float trip?

image.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Centaur said:

Good to see you are learning chief. Didn't I send out a question last year to the effect which race had the highest number of group winners and you couldn't answer correctly. Same trials.

Your point?  Damn good couple of trials coming up today.  BTW since you are obviously on to it what is the total stakes won by them?

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

A two stone problem?

What was up with On the Bubbles?

Could well be right , won't do it tho , just a press release saying he has an issue that requires his retirement and of to Cambridge Stud . A fast G1 son of Snitzel , just what NZ needs , i would be interested . off to check his pedigree . 

OTB i think that was definitely just a track gallop .

27 minutes ago, nomates said:

Just checked out Sword of State' pedigree , a worry , a bit light on black type , him , his dam won the G2 Light Fingers , 4th dam left Angst who won the G1 Flight Stakes , that's it . 

For me i like to see a bit more depth on the page with a stallion prospect .

If he is priced right then he should be every show of doing well as a sire out of an EDL mare a great breed to race proposition if I was still silly enough to breed at a value price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Huey said:

If he is priced right then he should be every show of doing well as a sire out of an EDL mare a great breed to race proposition if I was still silly enough to breed at a value price.

Yeah , doesn't matter what the service fee and associated costs are , feeding and raising them costs the same as the million dollar ones .

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Target the Karaka 3yr old race.  Interesting to see if he gets 1600m.  I see he is nominated for the Derby but I can't see him getting that distance.

Whilst i think he was lucky to win last start , Paeareanui Bay wins with a clear run , that form is strong and i think against 3yo's he will see the mile alright . It is an average field this year so hard to see him beaten , his rating is a mile above anything else .

2 hours ago, Kihikihi Kid said:

Mail around stablemate Wairau Cove is strong.

Real strong.

Going to be a great race this one, also an unbeaten horse in the race and Habana whose run I was quite impressed with last start at Taupo. 

Just hope there is no problems with the best track in the country this week.