Bit Of A Yarn

Alexandra Park Appartment Construction

The Centaur

With Ebert going into receivership hot after problems at Fletchers is Alexandra Park in over its head now two years late?

Recently Cannam the lead construction firm departed seemingly owed money.  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12095051

Quite frankley I could never understand why people would want to live in this area half surrounded by busy roads. 

5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Eberts has already had flow on effects. Another company went bust in chch yesterday also, with reports of others close. 

Sadly, Eberts managed the sites mostly, sub contracted out all of the hands on work. These are the ones that will fall over, 

Much like Mainzeal. Subbed out the work mostly. Worked on a few of those sites and they burnt out foreman as quick as they could find them. Rush,Rush,Rush. Quite a few firms in our region got caught with that debacle. 

You also get locked out of the site with all your tools and plant still on the work-site,  and no way of retrieving it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LongOwner said:

It is a stunning location - close to everything, central and in the best schools zone .

If I was in the millionaire bracket I couldn’t think of anything better than living in this location.

Well at least you wouldn't worry about missing race one!!

18 hours ago, The Centaur said:

With Ebert going into receivership hot after problems at Fletchers is Alexandra Park in over its head now two years late?

Recently Cannam the lead construction firm departed seemingly owed money.  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12095051

Quite frankley I could never understand why people would want to live in this area half surrounded by busy roads. 

What are you quoting that story for. Her (Gibson) effort last week was so bad and inaccurate ATC demanded a retraction.

Canam were sacked for being slow and useless. And they were the secondary firm on site. Ganellen are building two of the three structures and they have come ahead well.

ATC are guilty of not sacking Canam sooner and the question has to be asked why.