Bit Of A Yarn

A BIG BIG thanks

hesi

To the many people who have joined BOAY and help establish this site by contributing, either by helping run things or simply just posting their views.  

What is important is providing a free and open forum for people to discuss all matters racing and otherwise, without fear of abuse or retaliation

Most who join seem to contribute, which is what a chat site is all about and spurs others on to also post

This site has been going just over 4 months and we are under no illusion at the task at hand of establishing a strong foothold against an established competitor, which we are doing with your input

So lets repay Chief Stipe(Doug) for having the courage of his convictions in setting up BOAY, in the face of much adversity and unfortunately, abuse, by making this site a fantastic place to be, full of fun, laughter and discussion..............and no inequity

The last bit is a quote from FeelTheFear, thanks

No disrespect to the Greyhound folk also, who have also been such great contributors.

As explained, I did the initial thread on my small phone, and it took forever

• Like 1

• hesi pinned this topic

Yeah, thanks for the site, its refreshing after the other one started going downhill with the departure of the original owners. Given time, it will become the number one site for racing enthusiasts and participants. Your format is superior and matches what it once was, and the colour green is much kinder on the eyes and mind than red. All power to your site.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scooby3051 said:

How many times have been banned from no1 site?

By No1 site, I presume you are referring to that once great place called RaceCafe. I emphasize the word once, as when Angie ran it, it was a great site, and without doubt No1. But alas Leo came along and brought it, and then the rot started, and downhill it headed, until he ended up in Court because of his big mouth, and coughed up a big fine which sort of told him I need to find a mug and offload RaceCafe whilst still solvent. The story had a happy ending for Leo, as a mug was found in the form of a dwarf that went by the funny name of Scooby. Problem was, this Scooby suffered from small man syndrome, and found that he could take out all his frustrations in cyber space with gay abandon. It was the perfect place for Scooby, he had finally found his niche, whereas all his life he had been picked on because of his small stature, he now found he could be 10 feet tall in cyber space.  So he set about terrorising, bulling, and banning people to the point that RaceCafe is but a shadow of what it once was. Quiet sad really. But hey, there is a silver lining, out of the old, a new site has arisen called Bitofayarn, and it will continue to grow as RaceCafe disappears into oblivion. RIP.

• Haha 6