Bit Of A Yarn

WTF! Race 1 on the AWT at Riccarton!

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

And they don't have a perpetual lease Reefrton

Well if they don't have a perpetual lease how do they know that the A&P won't one day say 'sorry we are kicking you guys out'?  Because if it is not perpetual it is fixed term and fixed term leases run out(just like a commercial lease).

And if I was a member of the club and suddenly found out it had been evicted from the course I think I would be looking a bit sideways at the Committee who sold it for a dollar to the A&P. 

Read the Gary Vile thread - getting booted out summarily is a hazard of being a leasee

2 hours ago, Doomed said:

It has always been risky being beholden to an A&P association. I think the Waikato trots had similar troubles at Claudelands many years ago.

yes and somewhere down the track when the current A&P committee are all gone and the new mob forget that they only have the asset because the racing clubs gave it to them.......

Decide to be a pain in the arse and demand a huge rental for the use or, if the lease is not watertight, try to worm their way out of it.

Turning it over to another Incorporated Society over which you have no control would not be my preference but good luck to them(NHRC) anyway.  I would love to see a pissed off and frustrated Racing Admin body unable to get their sticky fingers onto someone else's asset.

• Like 2

The asset grab pressure will ramp up very soon judging by the average to below average performance from the TAB.  Plus the extra costs of the AWT maintenance will kick in over the coming months.  It will only take a few bad turf tracks in the Spring to further tip the balance.

• Like 1