Bit Of A Yarn

Woodville gone.

9 minutes ago, nomates said:

Haha , we went back for 6 weeks just over 3 years ago , mid July to early Sept , went all over but without a word of a lie we had 1 completely sunny warm day , even my friends and family were saying it was a shite summer .

Still love the place tho .

Did you declare all that back pudding to MAF at AKL airport?

23 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Black that should read.....

Haha , if i thought i could have got it thru i would have had a load of Stornaway black pudding with me , bloody delicious , mouth watering just thinking about it .

If i was 20 years younger i would be trying to import and distribute it here , puts every other black pudding to shame .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Haha , if i thought i could have got it thru i would have had a load of Stornaway black pudding with me , bloody delicious , mouth watering just thinking about it .

If i was 20 years younger i would be trying to import and distribute it here , puts every other black pudding to shame .

You do know you can't call it that anymore....racist apparently, best call it.......same colour as the 8 ball on the pool table pudding, that'll work.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

You do know you can't call it that anymore....racist apparently, best call it.......same colour as the 8 ball on the pool table pudding, that'll work.....

Have you ever been to the same colour as the 8 ball on the pool table Pool ? Never been just wondering .

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

Have you ever been to the same colour as the 8 ball on the pool table Pool ? Never been just wondering .

No, but I did watch a game where same colour as the 8 ball on the pool table Burn beat Spurs, that went down like a pork chop in a Synagogue .....oops, thats not Kosher is it?....oops.....again.

• Haha 1

When you think of the champions that came from that track the mind boggles, what a training centre it was, Daryl's Joy, Classic Mission, Triton, just to name a few,.... the town had something, sadly that something up and bolted, the disgrace that is, or was the Manawatu ditch/gorge was the catalyst I'm guessing.

Woodville still has a magnificent surface looking at it from 3,000km away, even in winter, so whats going on?

8 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

When you think of the champions that came from that track the mind boggles, what a training centre it was, Daryl's Joy, Classic Mission, Triton, just to name a few,.... the town had something, sadly that something up and bolted, the disgrace that is, or was the Manawatu ditch/gorge was the catalyst I'm guessing.

Woodville still has a magnificent surface looking at it from 3,000km away, even in winter, so whats going on?

Nah , Woody was on a deep decline long before the gorge was closed . The track was and still is a great place to go racing .

On 10/1/2022 at 8:51 AM, curious said:

Meeting News

Woodville Track Inspection - Saturday

The RIB and Woodville Track staff have again inspected the Woodville this morning (Saturday) at around 8am and are happy with the racing surface. Any further updates will be advised via this channel.

Just tuned in, in time,to see the last couple of races at Woodville,the track looked in bloody good order,how come it handled so much rain this week but it didn't handle 20ml in a week 10 days ago-different Stipes/Track Inspectors or .............?????? 

• Like 2