Bit Of A Yarn

Guess (Name) the Horse

Gammalite

On 8/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, Gammalite said:

The feature day arrives for Vic Cup , Derby and Oaks.

This man in photo not without a chance in the Oaks as won a heat well with ELEGANT last week. Has drawn well against seven Emma Stewart fillies too.

Ants knows how to ''Do the Job' too. Proven form on the board with this Filly. Who is she ?

main.jpg.0dbc1f6f6773b6fdb7d129fd5e2c75bd.jpg

Dr Susan ?

At Menangle ?

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Dr Susan ?

At Menangle ?

What ? the Vic Oaks at Menangle ?? . lose a point 😉. Dr Susan winning the Vic Oaks at Melton for Ants and then ran 4th in the NSW Oaks (to Marky boy)  in the 2020 hot summer days....

Here's the one that beat her into 4th at Menangle ....  not too hard ? 

STYLISH-MEMPHIS-NZ.thumb.jpg.5a68bf4425594cd4670da1151f5085d3.jpg

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

C'mon Rangatira, I think Cran has only won one VIC Oaks, not too long ago.

Ranga is the ULTIMATE master blaster Blackie . 

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

The photo looks like Dr Susan at Menangle.

That is unbelievable you picked that up. !!! 😧😆Could of sworn that was the Vic Oaks as she carried the Yellow number 5 to Victory in that. upon review she had a yellow sulky in Victoria too lol....

This photo is 2 weeks before her Vic Oaks win in Jan 2020.

Is Dr Susan (hanging on to win by a head from Vincenzina in 1.52.1 ) in her Very first Australian start in the Group 2 Raith Memorial  at MENANGLE. 

(Points update now Ranga 50 , Blackie 20, Hunter 1, Gamma -10. lol)

main.jpg.0dbc1f6f6773b6fdb7d129fd5e2c75bd.jpg.64e26b2b59804498f63e159d50747825.jpg

Todays horse in above post with blue wheels sulky,  is shown winning her NSW Oaks heat easily for Mark. Who is she?

Fellow kiwi traveller, Dr Susan won the other Oaks heat easily but drew 9 in the NSW Oaks final and so then Anthony Butt got a months suspension for cutting them all off to get the lead !!! 😅.

He then handed up to Mark P who did his usual thing and powered away to Victory anyway .!

(Having said that Mark was only 2nd to Dr Susan in the Victoria Oaks earlier with this horse lol ) 

3 minutes ago, Blackie said:

She looks very stylish, hey Ranga?

Mark Jones going very well again lately.!!  Partnered with Brendon Hill for a while there to pool there resources I guess ? a couple of years ago . but broke it off again.

just wondering guys, What horses did Brendon Hill have of note over the years ? can't think of anything in feature racing but must of been some?

21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Monkey King comes to mind

Carabella was an exceptional filly

hahaha clean forgot about him. Won the very first Miracle Mile run at Menangle too. should of remembered. (Blacks A Fake ran last in it)... probably why I put that race out of mind !! lol.....

• Haha 1

With Cup week approaching I'm Lovin this photo of a couple of the greats ! 

A Couple of the best drivers I've ever seen , as in their Will To Win and ability to jump on any horse and give it a go , and go close to winning. They are 2 of the greats alright. 

The 2 Trotters in the photo here weren't absolute stars , but tried hard (and did leave 'Sundee' down the track in this one lol ) 

So who is this Handy 'quartet' in for 10 points ??

83695fe75c55fe1e9541d5caa08d24fa.thumb.jpg.70808fa7c0059a6c040d8bb215248332.jpg

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

With Cup week approaching I'm Lovin this photo of a couple of the greats ! 

A Couple of the best drivers I've ever seen , as in their Will To Win and ability to jump on any horse and give it a go , and go close to winning. They are 2 of the greats alright. 

The 2 Trotters in the photo here weren't absolute stars , but tried hard (and did leave 'Sundee' down the track in this one lol ) 

So who is this Handy 'quartet' in for 10 points ??

83695fe75c55fe1e9541d5caa08d24fa.thumb.jpg.70808fa7c0059a6c040d8bb215248332.jpg

From Left to Right

McLovin, Kate Gath, Tough Monarch and Anthony Butt.

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I want to, I really do....

shoulda ,woulda , coulda lol.😆 Hey what do you think of that great crowd in the photo background there witnessing the NZ trotting FFA ? (counting that as an Aussie quinella ? even though 2 of them are kiwis ? lol😅 Ranga spot on BTW and takes the points.🥇 

Nearly all youngsters and all dressed up very Spiffy and looking good there in the background ?. What a fantastic sight at the harness racing. !!!! nice and classy in Christchurch.

They had some Vic Cup coverage on free to air TV the other night from Melton,  and most of the crowd looked like they were going to a barbie, camping or something. The trainers and owners they interviewed even looked average. (in comparison to that nz photo)

10 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Nearly all youngsters and all dressed up very Spiffy and looking good there in the background ?. What a fantastic sight at the harness racing. !!!! nice and classy in Christchurch.

I'm pretty sure the bloke just out of shot in the Jandals, Stubbies and Wife Beater put more through the NZ TAB than this lot combined.

Has Blair gone to sleep ? He's that far clear of the field that it was hard to stay awake in this win.

Ant's may of got the choc's in the FFA yesterday , but back to 2nd for the big Show Day Classic as the kiwis repel the Aussie raider in the form of this Trotter . Who is todays Big Winner? 

Habibi-Inta.thumb.jpg.c39dcd309442432b4396ea5e15eeba90.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Has Blair gone to sleep ? He's that far clear of the field that it was hard to stay awake in this win.

Ant's may of got the choc's in the FFA yesterday , but back to 2nd for the big Show Day Classic as the kiwis repel the Aussie raider in the form of this Trotter . Who is todays Big Winner? 

Habibi-Inta.thumb.jpg.c39dcd309442432b4396ea5e15eeba90.jpg

Habibi Inta

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

A real Action Shot Today !! fabulous !!  What the hell is going on here ?

Who are these stable-mates ? and drivers ? and Why are they so desparate against each other ? (10 points)

Flashing-Red.jpg.aa660b0796cd0631877437bf5b1f590e.jpg

Flashing Red and Anthony Butt inner, Tribute and David Earnshaw outer.

Anthony concerned about Steven Reid and Monkey King out wider.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Flashing Red and Anthony Butt inner, Tribute and David Earnshaw outer.

Anthony concerned about Steven Reid and Monkey King out wider.

Dead right Ranga ! The Tim Butt stable-mates had been Headed off by the 'Monkey ' , but in true 'Hands Down' style or even 'tough Tasmanian' style FLASHING RED is off the canvas, to take the win . Tribute running 3rd in the end.  great drive by Anthony on the winner off 10m handicap.

Not sure who David Earnshaw is so take your word for it. 😉. 10 points in the bag......

Flashing-Red-1.jpg.2d5ccafae24d2b309beadd31dda40a32.jpg

• 8 months later...

Well some excellent picking by Ranga and Blackie and some wonderful photos on this page of thread. brilliant !!!

Here's another one ? It took me a while to work out this photo .. who it was and when ?  definitely Addington.

But some of the 'older' boys might have a crack ?

Who Do We have here ??  there's A horse with flies eyes goggles on too ? lol. 

DSC02997.JPG

1995 Interdominion Final

The best performance I've witnessed live, gave them all a start and a beating did that Aussie Golden Reign.

What I noticed was Chokin's colours in the background, but he wasnt in the finish after that skirmish that Blossom Lady caused by letting Golden Reign go and then trying to come out a bit late,remember Master Musician being wiped out,  but I think he got promoted post humously after Victor Supreme, fly eyes hood( leg liniment) & Young Mr Charles(caffiene?) got disqualified. 

What a great run.

Edited by Blackie