Bit Of A Yarn

Guess (Name) the Horse

Gammalite

31 minutes ago, Blackie said:

1995 Interdominion Final

The best performance I've witnessed live, gave them all a start and a beating did that Aussie Golden Reign.

What I noticed was Chokin's colours in the background, but he wasnt in the finish after that skirmish that Blossom Lady caused by letting Golden Reign go and then trying to come out a bit late,remember Master Musician being wiped out,  but I think he got promoted post humously after Victor Supreme, fly eyes hood( leg liniment) & Young Mr Charles(caffiene?) got disqualified. 

What a great run.

spot on mate.

Yeah there is AGH , the great man himself ,in the background later promoted to 2nd with the champ CHOKIN. 

Flies eyes Victor Supreme with the young Wolfenden ,  nearly stole the march for Interdom glory , but run down late by the hard driven Victorian for Chris Alford . Golden Reign the winner 1995.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

1995 Interdominion Final

The best performance I've witnessed live, gave them all a start and a beating did that Aussie Golden Reign.

What I noticed was Chokin's colours in the background, but he wasnt in the finish after that skirmish that Blossom Lady caused by letting Golden Reign go and then trying to come out a bit late,remember Master Musician being wiped out,  but I think he got promoted post humously after Victor Supreme, fly eyes hood( leg liniment) & Young Mr Charles(caffiene?) got disqualified. 

What a great run.

What a shame that many horses mentioned tested positive to something

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

What a shame that many horses mentioned tested positive to something

Can happen in Nz it seems Newmarket. the 2 Blackie mentioned were Positives when 2nd and 3rd in the Grand Final race behind Golden Reign mentioned 1995. Junior's Image from WA,  the Winner was famously disqualified at Addington 1971 after winning the Grand Final.

And yet another one .... Who do we have here that was later disqualified as well.?  dear oh dear...🙄.

download.jpg.23b972689380d1b315335d5db0394e4c.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Two great NZ horses beating that Aussie pretender from Queensland?

well i guess Greatness is possibly on a 'smaller Scale' in Nz ?  😎   both did 'ok'  ya think ???😉

with SMOKEN UP 2 wins from 10 starts for John and David Butcher and $15,000 earned in early Nz career............(before the 50 wins and  $ 2,500,000  overseas with Justice) 

and I'm TheMightyQUINN with 6 wins from 27 for Peter Bagrie and $100,000 earned in 2 seasons in Nz racing.................. (before the 50 wins and $5 mill in Oz with 3 Interdoms with the Halls)

the true blue champion Blacks A Fake 72 wins from 100 odd starts and $4,500,000 earned and 4 x Interdoms for Natalie ( pretty good from the get go in QLD )   

Pretty Awesome Trifecta  🏆🏆🏆. 3 champs with near 200 wins and $12,000,000 between them .

9b906bf2f754688deeb09801111b868fc22c84cb.webp.ac075f9d7e6f9410cfc0a0e3a71e9b15.webp

• Champ Post 1

I'm TheMightyQuinn  (the 2 time Auckland Cup winner and 3 time Interdominin winner) had to race against this horse in photo below,  as a youngster in New Zealand .

But don't think he beat him.

(Dexter Dunn had one of his first ever career wins driving on Quinny in a Reefton Junior drivers that year too lol 😄 nice one Dexter !!  ( about a fortnight after Quinny ran down the track in the NZ Derby behind our photo horse.  )

Who is the Quinny killer seen here ?

5920108.jpg.0e5ff4725f45449b63c4b001a12619c7.jpg

11 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I'm TheMightyQuinn  (the 2 time Auckland Cup winner and 3 time Interdominin winner) had to race against this horse in photo below,  as a youngster in New Zealand .

But don't think he beat him.

(Dexter Dunn had one of his first ever career wins driving on Quinny in a Reefton Junior drivers that year too lol 😄 nice one Dexter !!  ( about a fortnight after Quinny ran down the track in the NZ Derby behind our photo horse.  )

Who is the Quinny killer seen here ?

5920108.jpg.0e5ff4725f45449b63c4b001a12619c7.jpg

Mark Purdon in the bike so would be Auckland Reactor 

• Champ Post 1

On 10/9/2022 at 5:51 PM, Gammalite said:

Ranga is the ULTIMATE master blaster Blackie . 

That is unbelievable you picked that up. !!! 😧😆Could of sworn that was the Vic Oaks as she carried the Yellow number 5 to Victory in that. upon review she had a yellow sulky in Victoria too lol....

This photo is 2 weeks before her Vic Oaks win in Jan 2020.

Is Dr Susan (hanging on to win by a head from Vincenzina in 1.52.1 ) in her Very first Australian start in the Group 2 Raith Memorial  at MENANGLE. 

(Points update now Ranga 50 , Blackie 20, Hunter 1, Gamma -10. lol)

main.jpg.0dbc1f6f6773b6fdb7d129fd5e2c75bd.jpg.64e26b2b59804498f63e159d50747825.jpg

bettor than Lizzy?

43 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

bettor than Lizzy?

You'll go 'Dizzy' trying to work that out . 😆

But let's have a look how 'DIZZY Miss LIZZY' compares to 6 x fine 'Bettor's Delight ' mares of recent years ,

and work out if she is Better (Bettor ) than them .... that have taken on the great Menangle NSW, in recent years to get a fast time and more prizemoney .

Looks like Stylish Memphis is the Winner 🏆 !!!!!!! for Wayne Higgs with most money 💰 and fastest time📈 .

but 'Dizzy' is right in the firing line ok. (and the only one Not sired by Bettor's Delight) 

Dr Susan      31 lifetime runs       8 wins (2 in NZ)         about 1/4 $Million stakes     1.52. 1 MR

Dizzy Miss Lizzy     35 runs        6 wins  (4 in Nz)        about 1/4 $Million stakes      1.52  MR

Delightful Memphis  36 runs     11 wins (6 in Nz)         $320,000  stakes   (now winning in USA) 

Stylish Memphis       44 runs     15 wins (6 in Nz)        about 3/4 $Million stakes       1.49.2

Braeview Kelly         50 runs       16 wins (7 in Nz)        about 1/2 $Million stakes         1.49.5

Bettor Twist              33 runs      15 wins (14 in Nz)         $600,000                              1.52.1

La Rosa                   33 runs         5 wins (5 in Nz)        $200,000   (only just arrived in Australia) 1.53 Pl. 

speaking of Derek Jones there with Walt this week , here is Son Peter winning on a trotter that used to just jog it in to victory sometimes. Perhaps modelling herself like Scotch Notch with some big wins 😊🏆

Can you name this trotter ? and for the stumper maybe the 2nd placed horse seen here as well ? .

(Ranga would probably 'jog it in'  spotting up these 2, but see if you can beat him to the punch lol).

DSC03004.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

speaking of Derek Jones there with Walt this week , here is Son Peter winning on a trotter that used to just jog it in to victory sometimes. Perhaps modelling herself like Scotch Notch with some big wins 😊🏆

Can you name this trotter ? and for the stumper maybe the 2nd placed horse seen here as well ? .

(Ranga would probably 'jog it in'  spotting up these 2, but see if you can beat him to the punch lol).

DSC03004.JPG

That would be the might mare Tussle me thinks Gammalite. Horse on her outside looks to be driven by Dick Prendergast so with those colours I'd say Simon Katz is the runner up? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Walt said:

That would be the might mare Tussle me thinks Gammalite. Horse on her outside looks to be driven by Dick Prendergast so with those colours I'd say Simon Katz is the runner up? 

By jove , you hit the nail on the head old chap . Bravo !!

Did say hard, not tough there Gamma, us Mainlanders need some sort of lead., lol.

Sits nice in the bike that man, mmm, wonder if it’s a self portrait….and no overcheck for the horse…aluminium cart so probably’80’s, just have to sort those colours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

Did say hard, not tough there Gamma, us Mainlanders need some sort of lead., lol.

Sits nice in the bike that man, mmm, wonder if it’s a self portrait….and no overcheck for the horse…aluminium cart so probably’80’s, just have to sort those colours.

Lived in Auckland for a four decades before returning to my hometown of Nelson. Very rarely missed a meeting at the park. The colours are familiar yet I can't put a far king name to it..grrrrr :) 

I thought Special Force but with little confidence. Then thought Mairo Sultan but Maurie Mac drove him and that's not MM in the bike. Next I thought Admiral Soanai but again with little confidence. I surrender before my brain explodes 

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Here's a win on the mainland in a feature at the main track for you then , for our Northern horse 😄.

Yes a handy young reinsman Peter Ferguson doing the steering there, having just won the Interdominion Junior drivers title too. A star in the making.

yes no over check (well spotted) as advised by Colin Butler . 1987 on the winning post I see too ( you're on the right track then again mate ) Don't think you'll get the colours though. 

Anybody remember Who is this stylish horse then ?  (horse inside him here pretty handy one too 😁 )

DSC03018.JPG

Think thats Cinimod Junior beating Skipper Dale(his shadow roll gives him away I think), may have been the old Pan Am Mile? He won a Wellington Cup but got D'd over a caffiene positive I recall.

Fergy minus his moustache, less wind resistance.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

cinamod junior?

If it is him,i once met the fella that broke him in,i think the horse had a bit of age on him from memory.

The fella invited me to a party at the stratford pub,didn't go and was glad i didn't as the two who went came back with shaved heads the next day. Maybe thats a taranaki thing?

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 2

Just now, Blackie said:

Think thats Cinimod Junior beating Skipper Dale(his shadow roll gives him away I think), may have been the old Pan Am Mile? He won a Wellington Cup but got D'd over a caffiene positive I recall.

Fergy minus his moustache, less wind resistance.

absolutely right. Me was looking at the wrong gait 

6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Still had the running rail then.

I gave up once they took it out as I had nothing to follow 😎.

What's a passing lane around pole markers again? 😂  these latest drivers don't know how lucky they have it (with all the inside room they get these days)

Much more of a 'challenge' trying to push out in the last lap from trail, 3 back or 4 back fence ,  all to the tune of the 'sweet' sounds of rivals screaming "me legs, me legs !! watch out for me legs" or even the sweet Grinding hollow grating sound ' of  your wheel hub scraping along the hub rail like a nail on a blackboard as you attempt the fruitless search for a rails run home (or you're just hanging like Ned kelly lol)  .  😂🤣

13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

may have been the old Pan Am Mile?

New Brighton $75k Television mile or something like that.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Think thats Cinimod Junior beating Skipper Dale(his shadow roll gives him away I think)

Yep, Skipper Dale one of the class acts racing on his day 🏆🏆 . and seen here winning one of his 2 x Easter Cup's ( in a quick 4.05 for the 2 miles too)  What a great stayer.!  (and was the first kiwi home in the Addington Interdominion too that year ) 4th 😎

DSC03019.JPG