Bit Of A Yarn

Numbers

With eleven in race 1 at Matamata Mark Walker must have a rough chance of getting a winner.

Who can remember when the horses in the same ownership were bracketed on the Tote? And in the trotting game all stablemates were bracketed?

Went to the barrier one day at Waverley, 1200m maiden, about 15 of us went first and we were put into a paddock next to the barriers, another 15 came around and they loaded them in, off they went and then in we went.......where on earth did we get all those jocks from?........and most could ride as well......except me.......ye haaa.....circa 1969.

38 minutes ago, nod said:

With eleven in race 1 at Matamata Mark Walker must have a rough chance of getting a winner.

Who can remember when the horses in the same ownership were bracketed on the Tote? And in the trotting game all stablemates were bracketed?

I can too.

The Hazlett jumpers I recall particularly.

58 minutes ago, Freda said:

I can too.

The Hazlett jumpers I recall particularly.

And Ivan Robinsons big team -I recall his three horse bracket paying 10 shillings and sixpence after two fell at Thames, Revolver, Sea Contour and ?