Bit Of A Yarn

Let’s Elope - back from Oz!

Brodie

I see that Lets Elope is now back from racing in Australia for a few years.

He is now a 10 year old and you would wonder why the owners have brought him back ,although there is bugger all open class horses around in the North Island at the moment, so maybe they think they can do better than Ox.

It is very rare indeed for male horses to come back to Nz when they are easier to place around the states in Oz!

He is in a 4 horse field at Cambridge on Thursday night.

Rangatira, don’t flippen bother!!!!

Has certainly been tripping around Aus, even been to Tassie in the last year, however has not won a race since April 2017 although quite a few placing and in good times. 155 starts for 560 K so has paid its way.  

Shouldnt be hard to place up north but yes have to wonder why bring back a 10 yr old gelding. May  be still owned in NZ and they want to retire it here after a few starts. Think Destreos, 14 years and still racing in Aus. They are tougher in Aus I think the way they hard train and race them week in week out. 

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I see that Lets Elope is now back from racing in Australia for a few years.

He is now a 10 year old and you would wonder why the owners have brought him back ,although there is bugger all open class horses around in the North Island at the moment, so maybe they think they can do better than Ox.

It is very rare indeed for male horses to come back to Nz when they are easier to place around the states in Oz!

He is in a 4 horse field at Cambridge on Thursday night.

Rangatira, don’t flippen bother!!!!

He's a good grinder and talent is thin on the ground here, probably will pick up a few cheques.

Guest CrossCodes
4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Didnt go that bad sitting parked in a sprint home. 

I wouldn't get too excited, 3rd in a 4 horse race.

Just shows the state of the higher graded races in the north, they are an absolute joke.