Bit Of A Yarn

Karaka R2R

Hands up those that identified plenty of fuckwits at this sale?........especially from Asia.  Without Asia NZ racing goes tit's up, OK, I recognise that, and, the Asians with the Kiwi dollar going down the gurgler feel they get bang for their buck, however the prices some of these people shell out are just mind boggling.

True this sale has produced some exemplary results for the Asian buyers, but those are not the norm, far from it, the Cartel must be wringing their hands with glee, oh goody, off you go, off to fresh fields like South Korea and Malaysia, racing royalty that lot.. Don't get me wrong, I love Korea, have great Korean fiends and think Seoul rocks, but not their racing thanks, Malaysia is where some burnt out Singapore stables send their lovely old charges that are as burnt out as they are to meet their inevitable fate......seen a racebook/card for Selangor recently? Do yourself a favour and get one, you might be surprised to see one well known identity that whisks their burn outs up there so as they don't have the responsibility of a bullet, so in the wash up, the NZ Stud book is diminished by the exodus to Asia, it does no favours to a pedigree to see SING wins, KL wins, Macau wins, Korea wins, only HK has any credence and that is going south also.

At least the Remuera car parks are holding their esteem, Coles New World will do good business, Ponsonby and Parnell, all good there, and down in the Kato many Range Rovers will be upgraded shortly, thanks to our/your Asian friends with big wallets but small brains........

Bring on the baseball bats, Chief will be choking on his Latte, I'm a big boy Chief I can take it, do your best......

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Hands up those that identified plenty of fuckwits at this sale?........especially from Asia.  Without Asia NZ racing goes tit's up, OK, I recognise that, and, the Asians with the Kiwi dollar going down the gurgler feel they get bang for their buck, however the prices some of these people shell out are just mind boggling.

True this sale has produced some exemplary results for the Asian buyers, but those are not the norm, far from it, the Cartel must be wringing their hands with glee, oh goody, off you go, off to fresh fields like South Korea and Malaysia, racing royalty that lot.. Don't get me wrong, I love Korea, have great Korean fiends and think Seoul rocks, but not their racing thanks, Malaysia is where some burnt out Singapore stables send their lovely old charges that are as burnt out as they are to meet their inevitable fate......seen a racebook/card for Selangor recently? Do yourself a favour and get one, you might be surprised to see one well known identity that whisks their burn outs up there so as they don't have the responsibility of a bullet, so in the wash up, the NZ Stud book is diminished by the exodus to Asia, it does no favours to a pedigree to see SING wins, KL wins, Macau wins, Korea wins, only HK has any credence and that is going south also.

At least the Remuera car parks are holding their esteem, Coles New World will do good business, Ponsonby and Parnell, all good there, and down in the Kato many Range Rovers will be upgraded shortly, thanks to our/your Asian friends with big wallets but small brains........

Bring on the baseball bats, Chief will be choking on his Latte, I'm a big boy Chief I can take it, do your best......

How's the exile going for you?

You did make me look at the sale results.  Not as bad a picture as you painted it.

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But there aren't a huge number of horses going there.  What's the alternative?  Cull them if they don't sell?

Race the buggers, fix NZ overnight, stop selling FFS, it's as plain as the nose on your face.......the talent is leaving, save the fucking talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Race the buggers, fix NZ overnight, stop selling FFS, it's as plain as the nose on your face.......the talent is leaving, save the fucking talent.

FFS costs have gone through the roof, stakes have tanked and you can't get a decent track to race on!!

So a shit load of things need to be fixed before racing more horses.  Until they are it would be cruel to owners and horses alike.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS costs have gone through the roof, stakes have tanked and you can't get a decent track to race on!!

So a shit load of things need to be fixed before racing more horses.  Until they are it would be cruel to owners and horses alike.

Flogging horses has been the root of the problem, address the problem, then the problem is solved, the fucking punters have got nothing to bet on? .........you're right in a way, the majority have given up, that's why Purcell, Saundry, Ballsup or whatever his name was all got away with blue murder, cos they couldn't believe the apathy.

We sell to HK too, but the majority don't as the stakes and gambling here is so strong, over there its a basket case, except for the emerging ATC and their 'gun' track and huge prize money lift, it has to start somewhere, otherwise CD and SI will just be bottom feeders cos Petone doesn't give a tuppeny cuss about them......get off your collective arses and make change, why should the select few hold the mainbrace back? ........just saying, cos I do give a cuss.....

3 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

WTF are you advocating?..You don't want Asian buyers because they pay too much?

How the hell do you think the housing ponzi in NZ took off!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2022 at 7:18 PM, Joe Bloggs said:

Flogging horses has been the root of the problem, address the problem, then the problem is solved, the fucking punters have got nothing to bet on? .........you're right in a way, the majority have given up, that's why Purcell, Saundry, Ballsup or whatever his name was all got away with blue murder, cos they couldn't believe the apathy.

We sell to HK too, but the majority don't as the stakes and gambling here is so strong, over there its a basket case, except for the emerging ATC and their 'gun' track and huge prize money lift, it has to start somewhere, otherwise CD and SI will just be bottom feeders cos Petone doesn't give a tuppeny cuss about them......get off your collective arses and make change, why should the select few hold the mainbrace back? ........just saying, cos I do give a cuss.....

This week is Fieldays week. Date changed this year. To illustrate your point I doubt NZTR know how to leverage the thoroughbred industry around the event. There are numerous ways e.g. grabbing some of the exhibitors for sponsorship and free space at major meetings.