NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Jamie Richards

hesi

27 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Jamie Richards is a bloody good young bloke.  And with a pedigree like his he couldn't be anything else but a good young bloke.

Just because 'great breeding' is in place doesn't mean in will out!   that is very much backed up every year at the Sales!

ps. others would say he can be a right Pratt with a born to rule attitude! 

25 minutes ago, Justamugpunter said:

Just because 'great breeding' is in place doesn't mean in will out!   that is very much backed up every year at the Sales!

ps. others would say he can be a right Pratt with a born to rule attitude! 

Not that I have ever seen.  But that job would not come without considerable pressure and to a large extent the buck stops with him so if he is demanding that may be understandable.

Going to be interesting to see how he goes with the new stock bought at the sales, at the moment a lot of these runners have the Autridge polish on them.

I'm sure he'll go well as he has assembled a nice team of experienced horse people around him, one things for sure he's gonna "Thank Dave " no matter what happens.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Going to be interesting to see how he goes with the new stock bought at the sales, at the moment a lot of these runners have the Autridge polish on them.

I'm sure he'll go well as he has assembled a nice team of experienced horse people around him, one things for sure he's gonna "Thank Dave " no matter what happens.

Probably right but his father is there and he was taught by one of the greats of the game one R Cochrane.

Guest CrossCodes

Has started off with a hiss and a roar anyway, team is flying!

I must admit though when I hear him speak on Trackside he sounds like he has as much personality as a wet fish, never see him smile or laugh or seem happy when he wins, maybe he is different off camera and many would say who cares as long as he is getting winners, and they may be right.

He was quite emotional when interviewed on Trackside after Melody Belle's win yesterday, you could see he had a tear in his eye, particularly when talking about his team, who he gave all the credit to, for Melody Belle's win.  His said he was just the name in the book.

48 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Has started off with a hiss and a roar anyway, team is flying!

I must admit though when I hear him speak on Trackside he sounds like he has as much personality as a wet fish, never see him smile or laugh or seem happy when he wins, maybe he is different off camera and many would say who cares as long as he is getting winners, and they may be right.

A lot of people will know his Mum the lovely Leanne Richards who is incapable of anything but a smile and a laugh.

Big teams like that though - you might win one but you probably have other disappointed owners to talk to and one in the next to saddle up and supervise - must be hard and for Chris Waller diabolical!

Edited by Reefton

16 minutes ago, Reefton said:

A lot of people will know his Mum the lovely Leanne Richards who is incapable of anything but a smile and a laugh.

Big teams like that though - you might win one but you probably have other disappointed owners to talk to and one in the next to saddle up and supervise - must be hard and for Chris Waller diabolical!

..but you probably have other disappointed owners to talk to and one in the next to saddle up and supervise

Yes, like Michelle Bradley, 32 at Ruakaka yesterday ...and Chris Gibbs on a well-deserved break, in Dunedin for the Pink concert!

• Champ Post 1