NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

The DIRTY stinking HARNESS THIEVES

Thomass

6 minutes ago, Kopia said:

Read the Winx book...when she first went to Wallers, they thought...' yep, another filly, looks ok but nothing special...!! ? 

I've seen her quite close up and she certainly is nothing special to look at - but there is a bloody big motor in there.

17 minutes ago, Reefton said:

I've seen her quite close up and she certainly is nothing special to look at - but there is a bloody big motor in there.

Yes...and her and her 'average' size is one of the reasons for her longevity...less pressure on those front knees etc...and she is a wonder all right. A real 'thinker'. she apparently can sort a lot of things for herself which most horses wouldn't get near to. We're priviliged to live when she is racing the way she is.

• Champ Post 1

So it turns out some of these people charged have links to the Lebanese Mafia...

They have connections to relatives in Australia...a country with massive LM history...

Its incredible how this has been allowed to fester for so long...

Obviously the RIU had knowledge about these dodgy characters and by going to the Feds...disavowed any knowledge...

...of dodgy drives and continued drug use..just how many drivers were drug tested in the 18 months? SFA...

If they'd questioned any suspicious activity it would more than likely have given the guilty a sniff...So to speak...

Im betting the left...the Feds told the RIU to stay schtung...

...at the expense of Punters...and INTEGRITY 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thomass said:

So it turns out some of these people charged have links to the Lebanese Mafia...

They have connections to relatives in Australia...a country with massive LM history...

Its incredible how this has been allowed to fester for so long...

Obviously the RIU had knowledge about these dodgy characters and by going to the Feds...disavowed any knowledge...

...of dodgy drives and continued drug use..just how many drivers were drug tested in the 18 months? SFA...

If they'd questioned any suspicious activity it would more than likely have given the guilty a sniff...So to speak...

Im betting the left...the Feds told the RIU to stay schtung...

...at the expense of Punters...and INTEGRITY 

The Lebanese Mafia?. Thomas you are surely taking the piss. You can buy. Most recreational drugs on the street corner if you look hard enough. 

And administering drugs to horses is as old as the horse itself. 

No sport is immune from drugs, or cheats for that matter. 

If one is looking for a perfect world to operate in then you definitely need to start using.

• Haha 1

IN case you're ignorant of the charged derbypark

A Lebanese National is caught up in the sting and has been charged

..now I'm betting moi's left they have connections to the Leb Marfia either back home or in Oz...where there's plenty of rellies who have a shocking history...

..not just there but around the World

Now I don't know your point...but the facts are no charges have been laid wrt horse administration...

...you may have heard otherwise?

• Like 1

You are working on presuppositions and unsubstantiated evidence with your obviously slanted bias againsted the Harness Industry. How did they hurt you Thomas?. I am an owner in the same industry, and while I am naturally upset at the proceedings I have great confidence in the integrity of most in the Industry. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, globederby12 said:

You are working on presuppositions and unsubstantiated evidence with your obviously slanted bias againsted the Harness Industry. How did they hurt you Thomas?. I am an owner in the same industry, and while I am naturally upset at the proceedings I have great confidence in the integrity of most in the Industry. 

Pfffft..."great confidence"...have you had a "party lolly"?

The big fish are rotten...heard of head down rot?

Is it a coincidence that one of the partners in AS is up for "supply"...while the other partner was convicted of handling Blue Magic..

...then two stable hands get pinged for using drugs in the float to the Drugmules...

...massive publicity over that..

...a stable gets pinged over 4 positives....the co trainer's now up on a fixing charge

...your top driver...who used to work for AS...is up on a fixing charge as well

...not only that but your rotten 'industry' has allowed the Leb Marfia to get a foothold...heard of gambling/ drugs don't = INTEGRITY 

Your 'sport' is rotton to the core on prima facie...accept the obvious 

If it smells like a fish...it's rotten..ok

Edited by Thomass
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Rowley Mile said:

Tommy, what about Baker and Son? 3 positives in one day, a world record, didn't seem to effect them, they just dusted off and on they went, although the son did bolt to AIS ......and I bet he doesn't regret that one iota, nor would Forsman come to think of it!

Remind me again Row?

Presenting can affect any stable of course...

but when 4 positives turn up...within a few months of the trainer being charged with fixing...Thats Prima facie in anyone's lingo ain't it?

8 hours ago, Rowley Mile said:

Tommy, what about Baker and Son? 3 positives in one day, a world record, didn't seem to effect them, they just dusted off and on they went, although the son did bolt to AIS ......and I bet he doesn't regret that one iota, nor would Forsman come to think of it!

Actually I thought it was four. Many years ago just before you linked with Brian Deacon he got about four on the day. Prior to the disclosure someone from the lab came up to him and wanted $2000 to keep it quiet. Deacon wasn't having any of that and as the positives were a genuine mistake I think he got off quite lightly. One of the horses was his star at the time Grand Win and the place the old Bulls track.

• Like 1

Jesus Centaur you must be as old as the hills!....I was with Deac from 67/71.......in all that time I never knew about that......we never had one are you sure it's not Ginner Hart you mean....he was a shocker at down the throat stuff...all we used were tonic balls.......saddled up Sky Flyer with Deac in the MEL Cup......he came to MEL and I organised Snowy Tronerud to ride him in the Werribee Cup....which he won, then when I was at Rosehill, Deac arrives with Sky Danza for the Lord Mayors, which she won...Pauline screamed the joint down....we didn't part friends when I left Hawera, I'm so glad we made up and became friends when I was training......Deac was the best horseman I saw in NZ and I learnt so much from him......he was a legend, I know he was known as a hard man....he was......but he mellowed, and I love him for that!

On 5/09/2018 at 9:35 PM, Thomass said:

IN case you're ignorant of the charged derbypark

A Lebanese National is caught up in the sting and has been charged

..now I'm betting moi's left they have connections to the Leb Marfia either back home or in Oz...where there's plenty of rellies who have a shocking history...

..not just there but around the World

Now I don't know your point...but the facts are no charges have been laid wrt horse administration...

...you may have heard otherwise?

You know about  the surveillance they used to catch the Lebanese--------a Lebcam !

Guest CrossCodes

If Rasmussen is involved then maybe you are talking about the Lesbian mafia, not the Lebanese. Some of those girls would scare the bejezuz out of me!

37 minutes ago, Rowley Mile said:

Jesus Centaur you must be as old as the hills!....I was with Deac from 67/71.......in all that time I never knew about that......we never had one are you sure it's not Ginner Hart you mean....he was a shocker at down the throat stuff...all we used were tonic balls.......saddled up Sky Flyer with Deac in the MEL Cup......he came to MEL and I organised Snowy Tronerud to ride him in the Werribee Cup....which he won, then when I was at Rosehill, Deac arrives with Sky Danza for the Lord Mayors, which she won...Pauline screamed the joint down....we didn't part friends when I left Hawera, I'm so glad we made up and became friends when I was training......Deac was the best horseman I saw in NZ and I learnt so much from him......he was a legend, I know he was known as a hard man....he was......but he mellowed, and I love him for that!

Absolutely certain although can't remember how many got disqualified in the end. I think he admitted he gave the same stuff to all the horses so they may have disqualified without actually testing all of them. Fairly certain Grand Win was disqualifed.

I did a stint at Deacons during the school holidays about 1965 which was a great experience. Never rode trackwork apart from trotting but rode Grand Win to and from the track. Fantastic mare. At the time the big news was Brian Hayter getting a positive which was more serious than Deac's and I distinctly remember Pauline having a wry smile when Hayter got a couple years disqualification.  You are probably right about Ginner Hart but can't recall when.

38 minutes ago, Rowley Mile said:

You would have know Butch then....he died, he was very fragile, was Mr Mink there then?

Certainly remember Butch and got on real well. Regret I didn't keep in touch. Didn't get on so well with Maurice C. which was before he became apprentice. Nevertheless M.C. as Mr Mink's trackwork rider told me just what they thought of Mr Mink and when I asked Deac why he was spending more time with the horse he looked up the yard and said he'll be worth far more than the lot of them. At the time Mr Mink had a swelling which they couldn't get rid of therefore delaying his first start.

So Mr Mink was the first serious bet I ever had and from memory paid about $5.00 at Stratford. Nowadays a horse with that type of stable reputation first up would be odds on.

• Like 1