Bit Of A Yarn

Is This Why?

Yankiwi

Is this why the number of rail contacts in Christchurch are trending so low?

Race #11, errr  Race #10.

Why has the race #10 replay (a 520m race), been titled as race #11 by TAB/Trackside and linked to the race #11 replays?

image.thumb.png.8636cf1a6c2b027d40c713291e44bf7e.png

Maybe this is it?

The real race #11 was a 295m race run in 17.48 seconds.

Unfortunately, during the race the #6 had some form of a mishap and ended up with "several lacerations".

image.thumb.png.8344ec7e801a2226149d627364008de8.png

I've never known track sand/loam to cause several lacerations from being dragged down & stumbling.

Is anyone from the Hart team a member/viewer here on BOAY and is willing to set straight what unfortunately happened to Cheeky Lu last night?

Maybe another trainer/handler that had a dog in race #11? I see there are two or three that have been a bit active in the past from time to time.

Anyone else who viewed/recorded the live race coverage?

You can DM me here if you're worried about the GRNZ rule book hanging over your head for telling the truth.

This rail problem has an age-old history of being simply talked about or ignored by the establishment. Everyone's silence over the issue has only enabled GRNZ to keep it tucked under the carpet.

I would say no conspiracy theories here (must be a large tin foil hat this morning Charlie?) It appears that the R10 replay has just been accidentally uploaded as R11 also...? Although the replays seem to have been better, for some reason they still have issues when being uploaded which is annoying. Usually fixed pretty quick though. Nice to see you picking up on the really important errors not even 24 hours after they occur, what would everyone do without you. NZGRA could only wish they were as perfect! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kizanan said:

I would say no conspiracy theories here (must be a large tin foil hat this morning Charlie?) It appears that the R10 replay has just been accidentally uploaded as R11 also...? Although the replays seem to have been better, for some reason they still have issues when being uploaded which is annoying. Usually fixed pretty quick though. Nice to see you picking up on the really important errors not even 24 hours after they occur, what would everyone do without you. NZGRA could only wish they were as perfect! 

Thanks for the reply.

No tin foil hat here. Just knowledge learned from past experiences & GRNZ has a firm history of letting history repeat.

Hopefully it'll come right after GRNZ gets in the office, reads this thread & swaps it out for the correct video.

Then I'll be able to scan frame by frame observing each grain of sand for the broken beer bottle in the track that caused the lacerations. Hopefully it'll be a green bottle as it will be much easier to spot. Or maybe it'll become very clear what caused the lacerations so I can get stuck into shaming the RIB for a fraudulent Stewards report.

• Like 1

Good news - no rail involved.

image.thumb.png.5392f48afebe18bc4d22a400c4a7856d.png

Seems odd for multiple lacerations to occur from getting dragged down.

Well done Addington for another night of keeping them off the rail.

image.png.b1bc6161824fef3162d8d420493ead1e.png

Auckland 29 injuries in 548 races = 5.29% chance per race.

Christchurch 5 injuries in 1352 races = 0.37% chance per race.

Hard to believe it's the same sport with the discrepancy between the two tracks.

Maybe I can rule out deception as a possible explanation?

Edited by Yankiwi

16 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Do they rotate Vets at tracks?

Auckland

27/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

23/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr J Hessell BVSc MVM

20/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

16/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr E Reedy BVSc

13/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

09/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

06/07 - Not stated

02/07 - Judicial report: Veterinarian - Dr J Hessell BVSc MVM

Edited by Yankiwi

CD

25/07 - Judicial report: OTV: Dr. K McDermott (BVSc).

21/07 - Judicial report: OTV: Dr. M Jansen (BVSc).

18/07 - Judicial report: OTV: Dr. D Barton (BVSc)

14/07 - Judicial report: On Track Veterinarian: Dr M Jansen BVSc

11/07 - Judicial report: On track Veterinarian: Dr. D Barton (BVSc)

07/07 - Judicial report: On Track Veterinarian: Dr K McDermott BVSc

04/07 - Judicial report: On track Veterinarian Dr. D Barton BVSc

Chch

27/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

25/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

24/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

21/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

20/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

18/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

17/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

14/07 - Dr E Reedy BVSc (Vet)

Enough of this rabbit hole...

I have no idea.

Two different vets don't diagnose the same dog while segregated from each other. That'd be the only true test IMHO.

Seems only one vet is utilized at Addington anyways. As a side note, I did also click on the first race meet in June and found the same familiar vet's name there.

Regardless, nothing good is going to come from a greyhound running hard out coming into contact with anything made of steel. Measures should be in place to stop it from becoming the regularity it has in Auckland.

One race meet consisting of 12 races in February saw 6 different dogs in 6 different races contact the rail. Luckily there were no injuries reported on that day. https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/15359/stewards-report.aspx

This month alone Auckland has had 18 contacts in 86 races. All the other venues combined have reported 9 rail contacts in a total of 305 races.

Something is causing it. It's not my job to fix it. I've only taken it upon myself to be the one that keeps barking about it.

They better get moving & get it sorted or I may start barking in a different direction than I am here. I'll give it a month after Cambridge is back up & running before I more seriously consider changing my focus to a direction that they'll like far less than they do this one.

Enough is enough.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 10:28 AM, Yankiwi said:

Auckland

27/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

23/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr J Hessell BVSc MVM

20/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

16/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr E Reedy BVSc

13/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

09/07 - Judicial report: On track veterinarian: Dr P Morrison BVSc

06/07 - Not stated

02/07 - Judicial report: Veterinarian - Dr J Hessell BVSc MVM

Whilst this may appear at first glance as a kind of rotation.

The Reality Is:

Dr Joan Hessell is Vet for Auckland Greyhound Racing Club.

Dr Phil Morrison is Vet for Cambridge Greyhound Racing Club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Whilst this may appear at first glance as a kind of rotation.

The Reality Is:

So conceivably there could be a difference in assessments.

1 hour ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

The Reality Is:

Years ago, it was the club's responsibility to provide the race day vet & this may very well been the case.

However, there was a point where it was taken off the club & the RIU took over the task with providing the vet.

That task still remains with the RIB and in fact it is a core function of theirs.

image.png.7b0d90a1a732cb983f9a3dd23982bf40.png

So, while I truly do appreciate your input, "Clubs" no longer have their own vet.

Rotating the vets would be in the hands of the RIB. Obviously, they aren't doing a very good job of it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So conceivably there could be a difference in assessments.

There absolutely could be.

However, the vet didn't decide that at least one greyhound has made contact with the running rail in every one of the 8 race meets held in Auckland this month.

Christchurch has held 16 race meets thus far & only in 2 of them has a contact been recorded.

14 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Years ago, it was the club's responsibility to provide the race day vet & this may very well been the case.

However, there was a point where it was taken off the club & the RIU took over the task with providing the vet.

That task still remains with the RIB and in fact it is a core function of theirs.

image.png.7b0d90a1a732cb983f9a3dd23982bf40.png

So, while I truly do appreciate your input, "Clubs" no longer have their own vet.

Rotating the vets would be in the hands of the RIB. Obviously, they aren't doing a very good job of it.

There seems to be a fair bit of dissatisfaction about their functions in other areas too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Freda said:

There seems to be a fair bit of dissatisfaction about their functions in other areas too.

Fair comment.

They seem to have gone from initiating an apprentice with a probe in the bush, to hiding in a bush trying to catch harness trainers doing a different sort of probing.

The best thing that's happened for the greyhound code was the day Whiterod retired as the top dog, and they moved Wallis up the ranks. While far from perfect and ghosts of his own in his closet, he's far better than Whiterod ever was, even on his rare good day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2023 at 11:57 AM, Yankiwi said:

They better get moving & get it sorted or I may start barking in a different direction than I am here. I'll give it a month after Cambridge is back up & running before I more seriously consider changing my focus to a direction that they'll like far less than they do this one.

Two successful weeks in Cambridge now complete, two more to go.

It's go time GRNZ.