• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Certainly rather bet their than Whanganui in the winter.
    • If you are looking for a million-to-one shot, then that's the likely odds on someone actually getting the $53,888 they want on StubHub.com for a seat at the historic first-ever Belmont at Saratoga Race Course. View the full article
    • The first-ever Belmont Stakes (G1) at Saratoga Race Course will bring together two diverse versions of a racing partnership. View the full article
    • Evangeline Downs hosted the annual celebration of Louisiana-bred Thoroughbreds with an exciting Louisiana Legends Night card June 1 that was highlighted by Brittlyn Stable's grade 3 winner Ova Charged taking the Mademoiselle.View the full article
    • By Jonny Turner Tyler Dewe is hoping to make the perfect start from his new base by winning the South Port NZ Ltd Bluff Cup at Ascot Park on Monday. Amid a great run of form, Dewe has taken up an opportunity to train at Tom Kilkelly’s property at Tisbury. The trainer has returned to where his harness racing career began, and will be working alongside Kirstin Green. South Seas Rock will be out to make it four wins on the trot for Dewe in Monday’s feature. Having settled in to his new surroundings well, the trainer is hopeful his bold front-runner can keep his great form going. After winning three mobiles in a row, a new challenge awaits South Seas Rock in the Bluff Cup. It is one Dewe thinks the horse is up to. “He has only missed away for me once, that was in his first go, but then he made a couple of really fast beginnings in his next two starts.” “With the small field and there only being two horses off 10m, I am hoping he can make a good beginning.” South Seas Rock has been in the zone recently, running to impressive front-running victories in his last three starts. Dewe feels the horse hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down, as far as his work goes. “He is still in the zone, it is just going to be how he gets away.” “If he hits it, I am expecting him to push forward.” “He doesn’t have to lead because he has gone some very good race sitting parked.” “But he does like to be handy.” Dewe also starts Jordy, who also lines up from a 10m handicap in the Bluff Cup. The pacer has been ultra-consistent through the summer and autumn and his trainer expects the six-year-old to go another good race. “I have taken the blinds off him, it did the trick when he won three starts ago.” “He has had a couple more starts without them, so we are putting them back on.” “You have to keep changing things up and keep him on his toes.” “He is a really good horse, but sometimes he doesn’t show it.” “I reckon he has been in just about every country cup in Southland and he hasn’t run out of the top five.” Dewe also starts Magnetic Daughter in race 5, the Mountfort Fishing Company Fillies and Mares Mobile Pace. The pacer made a mistake in her debut at Winton last week and her trainer is hopeful she can improve in her second start. “If she did everything right, she has a bit of speed.” “She is a bit immature and a bit inexperienced, I have changed a few things and hopefully she can do things right.” “If she did do everything right and she got a handy trip, I do expect her to be running on.”   View the full article
  • Topics