Bit Of A Yarn

Kurow Cup?

Newmarket

Why do they still have the Kurow Cup anymore, looking at that rubbish field today is a disgrace to be called the Kurow Cup.

I went in the early 80s, 2 good horses Portfolio & Stortford lodge deadheated on the grass I think back then. Nothing today in that class today, that’s for sure

11 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Why do they still have the Kurow Cup anymore, looking at that rubbish field today is a disgrace to be called the Kurow Cup.

I went in the early 80s, 2 good horses Portfolio & Stortford lodge deadheated on the grass I think back then. Nothing today in that class today, that’s for sure

We're those races on a Monday? 

1977 Kurow moved to Monday because of the 4th Lions test at Eden Park, never went back to Saturday.

Strangely Mondays only for greyhounds now and that's just to put something on trackside for the bored and lost, would save trackside lots of money if they only showed aussie races, maybe only a audio stream for greyhounds, always was fine in the past.

• Bad Post 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

IMG_7561.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

You must stop living jn the past, as it makes many of us sad about the present.

Sad but true about many things today.

• Like 1

Kurow Cup then Nz Cup according to this article. ....wow......bit of a jump ? 

The New Zealand Cup got another contender when Mossdale Ben produced a powerful victory in the Kurow Cup at Oamaru yesterday.

The Greg and Nina Hope trained pacer rounded up a quality field with ease to give driver Ben Hope his first win in New Zealand since May.

After handling his first standing start well and producing a slick victory, the Hope camp now plan to nominate Mossdale Ben for the New Zealand Cup and give him his chance to show whether he can foot it with the country’s best pacers.

“I am pretty sure he will be nominated for the Cup now,” Ben Hope said.

Copy That, and Akuta , and Self Assured , (the 3 extra super good 2 mile horses) won't be getting too nervous about Kurow Cup winners 😎. They aren't even handicapped after all their 2 mile and Cup wins previously 🙄 , so everyone else be just racing for 4th 💰

spose the Aussie Grimson horse got amongst the 3 'Big guns'  last year  , but that was a bit of a 'Grimson Fluke type of thing'  I think running 2nd. (Majestic Cruiser)

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Kurow Cup then Nz Cup according to this article. ....wow......bit of a jump ? 

The New Zealand Cup got another contender when Mossdale Ben produced a powerful victory in the Kurow Cup at Oamaru yesterday.

The Greg and Nina Hope trained pacer rounded up a quality field with ease to give driver Ben Hope his first win in New Zealand since May.

After handling his first standing start well and producing a slick victory, the Hope camp now plan to nominate Mossdale Ben for the New Zealand Cup and give him his chance to show whether he can foot it with the country’s best pacers.

“I am pretty sure he will be nominated for the Cup now,” Ben Hope said.

Copy That, and Akuta , and Self Assured , (the 3 extra super good 2 mile horses) won't be getting too nervous about Kurow Cup winners 😎. They aren't even handicapped after all their 2 mile and Cup wins previously 🙄 , so everyone else be just racing for 4th 💰

spose the Aussie Grimson horse got amongst the 3 'Big guns'  last year  , but that was a bit of a 'Grimson Fluke type of thing'  I think running 2nd. (Majestic Cruiser)

With respect Gamma, that field in the Kurow Cup yesterday was hardly quality ???

Worst Kurow Cup field ever!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paleface adios said:

so are you saying the time of 3.13 from a stand was slow . 

Did I say that Paleface?

It was a Cup race for  horse’s assessed at 55 and over and you believe that those horses would compete competitively in the NZ Cup?

Harrison finished second and he would be outclassed in the Cup even though Mossdale Ben went a good time off 20m!

53 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Did I say that Paleface?

It was a Cup race for  horse’s assessed at 55 and over and you believe that those horses would compete competitively in the NZ Cup?

Harrison finished second and he would be outclassed in the Cup even though Mossdale Ben went a good time off 20m!

best horse won the race could of gone faster . mite win the cup 

• Haha 1