Bit Of A Yarn

brad reid,harness link on emma stewart

the galah

34 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

1)Gammalite do you believe she knew what she was doing was in breach of the rules. 

She said she didn't. 

2) did she have an intent to help the horses performances by giving the raceday treatment.

Doubtful the solution used would enhance the horses performance.

3)do you believe that is the first time she has given raceday treatments? 

Probably not if she didn't know.

4) do you believe a trainer or athlete can be great at what they do and also use performance enhancers? 

Without being detected - No.

5)do you believe all performance enhancers will be picked up in testing?

Yes.  But the solution being used wasn't a performance enhancer and s unlikely to be picked up unless the TCO2 passes the allowable level.

Everyone has their own opinions but my  answers to my questions would be. 

1)she  must have known she was doing something illegal. For that reason i think she has lied,which is just more indication of dishonesty.If she didn't she shouldn't have a licence anyway  if she doesn't know about the treatment timeframes..

2)her motive was obvious-to increase performance. No one breaches the treatment rules without an intention to increase performance.

3)breaching the rules like that would be a regular thing. Does anyone really believe that authorities just happened to fluke turning up the first time stewart had ever done that.

4)high avhievers are just as likely to cheat as anyone is. logically more likely because they have more to gain.History is littered with so many examples that indicates that.

5)testing does not pick up the use of all enhancers.for a start if they aren't testing for something,they won't pick it up.

How long should it be played out in the media you ask.Simple.

Give it the coverage it deserves when it happens,then cover it anytime there is an update and when the case is heard.

The most obvious and daming thing about this case,is that the harness racing media would rather cover up the story to protect the stewart stable.

The media and some industry leaders are so weak on these matters its stunning.

They never promote the message that cheating will not be tolerated and that the integrity enforcement ageany is coming for you.That should be the message,but never is when it comes to anyone high profile.No wonder people like stewart think they are untouchable.

Finally,what does it say about the stewart stables employess. Isn't it supposed to be a big stable. Are they all that complicit in the dishonest behavior and have no empathy at all for the other industry owners,trainers,horses who do things honestly?

Edited by the galah

22 minutes ago, the galah said:

5)testing does not pick up the use of all enhancers.for a start if they aren't testing for something,they won't pick it up.

Not correct.  An anomaly would be detected requiring more definitive tests.  I've explained this to you many many times.  I imagine the samples the Stewards obtained will be tested very thoroughly.  If they don't find anything then there was nothing to find.

25 minutes ago, the galah said:

The most obvious and daming thing about this case,is that the harness racing media would rather cover up the story to protect the stewart stable.

They haven't "covered up" anything.  It's been reported.  What you are disappointed to not see is long winded speculative opinion pieces based on assumptions.  That isn't real journalism.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, the galah said:

They never promote the message that cheating will not be tolerated and that the integrity enforcement ageany is coming for you.That should be the message,but never is when it comes to anyone high profile.No wonder people like stewart think they are untouchable.

They don't treat anyone any differently from anyone else.  We've seen the danger of your suggested approach with Operation INCA.

34 minutes ago, the galah said:

)she  must have known she was doing something illegal. For that reason i think she has lied,which is just more indication of dishonesty.If she didn't she shouldn't have a licence anyway  if she doesn't know about the treatment timeframes

Perhaps not.  Is it theone clear day rule or the 48 hour rule?  Does 1 clear day not mean 24 hours before start time?!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then why only two horses?

What do you think if they had been doing more that  day they would do them all at once?g 

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Not correct.  An anomaly would be detected requiring more definitive tests.  I've explained this to you many many times.  I imagine the samples the Stewards obtained will be tested very thoroughly.  If they don't find anything then there was nothing to find.

You must have heard of retrospective drug testing.Obviously there have been many examples of that. Why even have such a thing if what you say is applicable each time.

58 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

They haven't "covered up" anything.  It's been reported.  What you are disappointed to not see is long winded speculative opinion pieces based on assumptions.  That isn't real journalism.

Thats not correct. To quote anthony butt...."i'm disappointed in the media too. Its been brushed under the carpet by just about everybody"

How can you call it speculative when stewart herself issued a press statement saying she did it?

56 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

They don't treat anyone any differently from anyone else.  We've seen the danger of your suggested approach with Operation INCA.

This isn't an operation inca type case. Someone was caught red handed.They do treat people differently. In the blue magic case the trainers were tipped off by someone who worked for the industry. Theres  many examples  i could refer to.

50 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Perhaps not.  Is it theone clear day rule or the 48 hour rule?  Does 1 clear day not mean 24 hours before start time?!

I understand the 24 hour rule is 24 hours prior to 12.01am on the day the horse is to race.

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, the galah said:

The media and some industry leaders are so weak on these matters its stunning.

What can they say ? 2 horses were given a drip feed the day before a race. Maybe they were only out by a few hours ? from the one day rule. Of course they treat their horses All the time . That's why they look good, feel good , race good . So All is good !! don't get so worried.

The Te Akau mob had their good horse disqualified , but you still aren't going to 'Slam em in the Media ' as cheats when they turn out so many incredible horses.

So That you would think is  Far far more Serious ?  yes? 

A Major stable with an error . How should the media handle that. ?? as a mistake , or a calculated error like you are accusing the Stewart Barn of doing ?

Tokyo Tycoon became the 10th Matamata Slipper winner for Te Akau. This victory sees him unbeaten in four 2YO starts. Unfortunately Tokyo Tycoon was disqualified from his Group 1 Sistema Stakes victory in March 2023 

Winners are swabbed, and i'm sure the authorities are doing the best they can to catch those exceeding the limits. Stewart hasn't had any disqualified for Positives .  No good stressing and saying they're deliberately cheating When You Don't Know That for sure regarding a bit of Bad Timing?. The media can't go around 'suggesting It'  (cheating) that's just Not right thing to do. 

11 hours ago, the galah said:

Thats not correct. To quote anthony butt...."i'm disappointed in the media too. Its been brushed under the carpet by just about everybody"

Hyperbole.  I know about it and I'm not everybody.

11 hours ago, the galah said:

How can you call it speculative when stewart herself issued a press statement saying she did it?

You speculate all the time that "there must be more to this than meets the eye".  Mind you you think @Archie Butterfly is an investigative journalist based on reading its (a butterfly is an it) headlines only.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gammalite said:

What can they say ? 2 horses were given a drip feed the day before a race. Maybe they were only out by a few hours ? from the one day rule. Of course they treat their horses All the time . That's why they look good, feel good , race good . So All is good !! don't get so worried.

The Te Akau mob had their good horse disqualified , but you still aren't going to 'Slam em in the Media ' as cheats when they turn out so many incredible horses.

So That you would think is  Far far more Serious ?  yes? 

A Major stable with an error . How should the media handle that. ?? as a mistake , or a calculated error like you are accusing the Stewart Barn of doing ?

Tokyo Tycoon became the 10th Matamata Slipper winner for Te Akau. This victory sees him unbeaten in four 2YO starts. Unfortunately Tokyo Tycoon was disqualified from his Group 1 Sistema Stakes victory in March 2023 

Winners are swabbed, and i'm sure the authorities are doing the best they can to catch those exceeding the limits. Stewart hasn't had any disqualified for Positives .  No good stressing and saying they're deliberately cheating When You Don't Know That for sure regarding a bit of Bad Timing?. The media can't go around 'suggesting It'  (cheating) that's just Not right thing to do. 

I don't follow galloping as closely but the te akau thing i thought got its share of publicity and i believed  them when they said there own investigation revealed it was a result of a senier foreperson making an error treating the horse with an anti inflammatory medicationIn,in other words no intent.

Stewarts actions were clearly intended and she even admits that. She had no choice but to admit it anyway.

I have never observed anyone ever do anything that i believe was intended to break the rules and cheat and is why i particularly dislike the actions of people that do.I know what those who abide by the rules think about this type of thing. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 6:29 AM, the galah said:

Stewarts actions were clearly intended

The Stewart barn clearly intending to Trifecta the time-honoured Kilmore Cup tonight.

But had to settle 2nd , 3rd and 4th as BETTER ECLIPSE claimed victory.

BETTER ECLIPSE being the horse that popped over there and ran 4th in the BIG $1,000,000 RACE by Grins. KANGO who ran 6th in the Grins race stopped and ran 100m last . The kiwi's aren't as sharp as they used to be . Hopefully come good at Interdominion time in December . 

AKUTA beaten at Addington too, seems a bit of a surprise. Maybe building fitness? .  wins the Nz Cup anyway 🏆👍💰

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see one of those horses Act Now raced on Friday night and ran third.

It won the previous weekend as well Chief . 6 days after scratching from the Maryborough Cup with the bad drip incident. 

ACT NOW is actually a real top-liner horse . Won the Victoria Derby in his year (very prestigious like the galloping one) and was actually placed 3rd in the last Interdominion Grand Final after winning 2 heats last December. a very handy 20 wins and 9 seconds from 42 starts with over half those being high class 'Group' races too.

might very well be a chance in the $1,000,000  Interdominion in Brisbane in December coming ?.

I'll keep you 'drip fed' on his progress 😎