Bit Of A Yarn

Cancel your Flights! NZTR put roadshow on hold.....

Chief Stipe

NZTRRoadshowsEDMBanner-9900000000079e3c.

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing will reschedule its 2023/24 Roadshows now set to be held in February 2024, the same time as last year, although the specific dates are yet to be confirmed.

This decision stems from the recent election that took place last Saturday. Before conducting the Roadshows, NZTR wishes to ensure it has a clear understanding of any potential alterations that might affect the racing industry due to a change in government, so that we can better inform our stakeholders and participants.  

NZTR appreciates your cooperation and will announce the new Roadshow dates as soon as it becomes possible to do so.

Corporate Communications
New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing
+64 21 071 2929

nztrcommunications@nztr.co.nz

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

NZTRRoadshowsEDMBanner-9900000000079e3c.

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing will reschedule its 2023/24 Roadshows now set to be held in February 2024, the same time as last year, although the specific dates are yet to be confirmed.

This decision stems from the recent election that took place last Saturday. Before conducting the Roadshows, NZTR wishes to ensure it has a clear understanding of any potential alterations that might affect the racing industry due to a change in government, so that we can better inform our stakeholders and participants.  

NZTR appreciates your cooperation and will announce the new Roadshow dates as soon as it becomes possible to do so.

Corporate Communications
New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing
+64 21 071 2929

nztrcommunications@nztr.co.nz

Not sure what the election has to do with it. I'd already registered for the proposed November one but have no direct correspondence about the deferment other than seeing this.

• Like 1

This was the original correspondence. F'd if I know what the election had to do with  it when it was pretty much as expected anyway.

http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/y/4D/1E6/836/133051/csfinal/NZTRRoadshowsEDMBanner-9900000000079e3c.png

In November and December 2023, NZTR CEO Bruce Sharrock and COO Darin Balcombe will be undertaking Roadshows across the Northern, Central and Southern regions to meet with local stakeholders and provide a strategic update on NZTR activities. All industry participants are welcome and we hope you gain some insights from the content covered after a significant period of change within our sport.

I'll await the response to those of us already registered with interest.

Edited by curious

That's a,good observation. 

Can't blame him if that's the reason. 

At the risk of being seen as negative,  however, I can't see anything to be gained from these 'roadshows' that couldn't be achieved much more economically by  regular Q & A sessions with stakeholders.

For example,  in the early days of Channel X, there was NZTR comment on a regular basis with the opportunity to post one's own questions.

The Facebook presence on the other hand I don't like,  but that is just me. Probably others find it ok.

Either way, there is a prepared script, questions answered, if they are 'acceptable ', nothing much happens and things carry on the same. 

8 hours ago, Huey said:

Couldn't have anything to do with the CEO brother having a MC runner could it?

Can't remember the original dates to quantify that.

http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/y/4D/1E6/836/133051/csfinal/NZTRRoadshowsEDMBanner-9900000000079e3c.png

In November and December 2023, NZTR CEO Bruce Sharrock and COO Darin Balcombe will be undertaking Roadshows across the Northern, Central and Southern regions to meet with local stakeholders and provide a strategic update on NZTR activities. All industry participants are welcome and we hope you gain some insights from the content covered after a significant period of change within our sport.

SOUTHERN

·         Monday 20 November: Christchurch | Riccarton Park - Gloaming Room 11.30am-1.30pm

·         Tuesday 21 November: Dunedin | Wingatui Racecourse - Winning Post Lounge 12.00pm-2.00pm

·         Thursday 23 November: Invercargill | Ascot Park Raceway
12.00pm-2.00pm

Southern Roadshow registration dates close Wednesday 15 November. 

NORTHERN

·         Monday 27 November: Karaka | New Zealand Bloodstock – Phar Lap Room 12.00pm - 2.00pm

·         Monday 27 November: Cambridge | Velodrome - Velo 1 Room
4.30pm - 6.30pm

Northern Roadshow registration dates close Wednesday 22 November. 

CENTRAL

·         Monday 4 December: Hastings | Hastings Racecourse
11.30am-1.30pm

·         Monday 4 December: Palmerston North | RACE Awapuni - Birdcage Bar 4.30pm - 6.30pm

·         Tuesday 5 December: New Plymouth | New Plymouth Raceway
12.00pm - 2.00pm

Central Roadshow registration dates close Wednesday 29 November. 

1 hour ago, curious said:

SOUTHERN

·         Monday 20 November: Christchurch | Riccarton Park - Gloaming Room 11.30am-1.30pm

·         Tuesday 21 November: Dunedin | Wingatui Racecourse - Winning Post Lounge 12.00pm-2.00pm

12.00pm-2.00pm

NORTHERN

·         Monday 27 November: Karaka | New Zealand Bloodstock – Phar Lap Room 12.00pm - 2.00pm

4.30pm - 6.30pm

CENTRAL

11.30am-1.30pm

·         Monday 4 December: Palmerston North | RACE Awapuni - Birdcage Bar 4.30pm - 6.30pm

12.00pm - 2.00pm

Curious I thought you were gone from here.

2 hours ago, curious said:

SOUTHERN

12.00pm-2.00pm

NORTHERN

4.30pm - 6.30pm

CENTRAL

11.30am-1.30pm

12.00pm - 2.00pm

OK so clearly not.