Bit Of A Yarn

~The Champions sprint...because...

holy ravioli

Interesting some of the comments on Aussie forums after the race.   One tosser remarked all she is doing is winning  on provincial tracks and no champion at this stage   , right..... so Flemington is now a provincial track LOL  Another   " Mate,  she's  a cat.....  hasn't come down to Sydneey  "   Hard cases those Auusies, yet  if she was one of their own they'd be  hailing her as next superstar.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, curious said:

Wholly pasta. What the hell do I do with all this brylcream?

On a more serious note, I think the race and the run of In Secret which exceeded my expectations, certainly franks the Everest form.

Dan O'Sullivan's assessment where he rated the Manikato win above The Everest appears to have been spot on.

48 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Dan O'Sullivan's assessment where he rated the Manikato win above The Everest appears to have been spot on.

Weird rating imo.Beat 5 horses in the Manikato... in 1.09.59 ,none ran in the Everest,none ran in the Champions sprint....and 2nd and 3rd in the Champions both ran in the Everest.

The Everest time was 1.07.64 for the 1200m.

Imperatriz was devastating yesterday.-1.09.08

Surprisingly, no sign of her in the top 120 of the recently released Longines' ratings through November 5.

Though "THINK ABOUT IT (AUS) [121] joins the rankings after his half-length victory over I WISH I WIN (NZ) [121] in the Tab Everest in Australia.

https://www.ifhaonline.org/resources/WTRRankings/LWBRR_PressRelease.asp?pid=137

https://www.ifhaonline.org/resources/WTRRankings/LWBRR.asp?batch=115

Edited by curious

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

Weird rating imo.Beat 5 horses in the Manikato... in 1.09.59 ,none ran in the Everest,none ran in the Champions sprint....and 2nd and 3rd in the Champions both ran in the Everest.

The Everest time was 1.07.64 for the 1200m.

By your own admission you don't understand how an individual race is rated.  Time on its own isn't the sole consideration.

However are you suggesting that In Secret, Buenos Noches and Espiona ran BELOW their Everest performance yesterday?

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

6 minutes ago, curious said:

Surprisingly, no sign of her in the top 120 of the recently released Longines' ratings through November 5.

Though "THINK ABOUT IT (AUS) [121] joins the rankings after his half-length victory over I WISH I WIN (NZ) [121] in the Tab Everest in Australia.

https://www.ifhaonline.org/resources/WTRRankings/LWBRR_PressRelease.asp?pid=137

https://www.ifhaonline.org/resources/WTRRankings/LWBRR.asp?batch=115

But do you agree that when you say the race franked The Everest rating that Imperatriz on her form yesterday would have been in the top 3 in The Everest?

What's your opinion of the TRC ratings?  They rate her (6) above Think About It (11)  BEFORE yesterday.

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

Yes was devastating winning in a time faster than last years star studded field.

The Flemington track record was set 22 years ago.  Those sorts of times have been harder to reach since the major renovation of the track and the introduction of the new maintenance programme.

https://www.races.com.au/races/group-1/champions-sprint/champions-sprint-results/

38 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

By your own admission you don't understand how an individual race is rated.  Time on its own isn't the sole consideration.

However are you suggesting that In Secret, Buenos Noches and Espiona ran BELOW their Everest performance yesterday?

Where can I find ...my 'admission?I do know that 1+1=2...and can identify...opinion.

Your comprehension is blurred by your constant assumptions.

35 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But do you agree that when you say the race franked The Everest rating that Imperatriz on her form yesterday would have been in the top 3 in The Everest?

Why would she be top 3 in the Everest ?

Some very nice horses she defeated yesterday, that all went excellent races in both the Everest and Champions Sprint , weren't in the Everest Top 3 . Espiona - Buenos Noches - Bella Nipotina -In Secret

Fantastic fast horses all those ones. Imperatriz beat them all fair and square at Flemington.

But Think About It , I Wish I Win and Private Eye were the Everest placegetters . they're even faster . and the great mare has yet to beat them yet . The next challenge ??

So she's NOT Top 3 Everest material just yet 😉 , until She proves It  ? 💰 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Where can I find ...my 'admission?I do know that 1+1=2...and can identify...opinion.

It's clearly admitted by your opinions.

So you were going to re-rate Imperatriz if she won at Flemington yesterday where she beat some Everest contenders including your "pile the brylcreem on" hottie?!

18 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

But Think About It , I Wish I Win and Private Eye were the Everest placegetters . they're even faster . and the great mare has yet to beat them yet

Bella Nipotina came out and beat both Think About It and Private Eye next start.  Imperatriz donkey licked Bella Nipotina yesterday and in March at The Valley.  

Imperatriz smashed I Wish I Win a year ago in the Levin Classic.

In Secret was a length from Think About It in The Everest (very unlucky according to @holy ravioli ) - Impertriz beat her by a 1.25 lengths yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

that's a good start then . But is a Levin classic similar to an Everest ?

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

In Secret was a length from Think About It in The Everest (very unlucky according to @holy ravioli ) - Impertriz beat her by a 1.25 lengths yesterday.

It's been funny All week over here mate. regarding In Secret. Not just the Holy RAV singing it's praises , but the idiots on Tele Racing channel were going on about it that much it literally had me laughing 😂.  Heap of them saying things like  >>>>>>'It's a 2 horse race'. 'InSecret the best thing at Flemington since Black Caviar'. won twice down the straight already, this will be 3'  + 'Best Bet of the day = In Secret'. Unlucky in Everest (probably was because Think it over was in It lol)

All these bloody experts here are quiet today. In Secret beaten for 2nd even .

Wish Espiona had got 2nd myself . Probably needed 1400 in the end though 👍😂

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

that's a good start then . But is a Levin classic similar to an Everest ?

The name of the race is irrelevant - it's the relative performance of the horses that is important.  The Levin Classic is a Grp 1 - it wasn't a particularly strong race last year but she did sprint home very quick and won easy.  I didn't rate The Everest field this year.

13 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

It's been funny All week over here mate. regarding In Secret. Not just the Holy RAV singing it's praises , but the idiots on Tele Racing channel were going on about it that much it literally had me laughing 😂.  Heap of them saying things like  >>>>>>'It's a 2 horse race'. 'InSecret the best thing at Flemington since Black Caviar'. won twice down the straight already, this will be 3'  + 'Best Bet of the day = In Secret'. Unlucky in Everest

I ended up more confident with Impeartriz the more I looked at The Everest form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bella Nipotina came out and beat both Think About It and Private Eye next start.  Imperatriz donkey licked Bella Nipotina yesterday and in March at The Valley.  

Being selective about isolating horses proves very little in the big picture....how about Buenos Noches in the Everest,how about Asfoora in the Champions.

Imperatriz was clearly superior to the field.

Every race is a new race.That's why so called ratings are just opinions and don't mean much.

• Like 2

Well come on CHiefy . It's Cup day . Race 1 starts at 9 while i'm still getting organised and munching on my toast  (12pm there I think)

you better stop 'glowing in the dark' picking the great Imperatriz and get on over to the harness thread and put your picks in. 

p.s... delighted if the Holy Rav has a a crack at it too  using some Everest ratings . I reckon he'll out-tip you Chief. (Akuta will be rating 'very fast' in the Cup is my tip 😆😉🏆)

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

She was rated 'clearly superior by every bookie and the majority of good judges PRIOR to the race.  All based on performance FACTS not opinions.

The prices usually reflect the form of runners .Around 50% of odds on favourites win...afaik.

Good luck following Dan's ratings for  your future bets.😐

59 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

The prices usually reflect the form of runners

How they're rated for example.

Around 50% of odds on favourites win

How profound.

Good luck following Dan's ratings for  your future bets.

I read any number of different form analysts.  O'Sullivan seems to have been very accurate in his rating of Imperatriz's wins vs the rating of form from other races such as The Everest.

O'Sullivan rated the Champions Sprint win at 106.

I read this morning another form analyst has assessed the first 600m as 10 lengths faster than average.  Given Imperatriz hit the front a bit early and had to fight I'd class that performance at international level.

30 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

How they're rated for example.

How profound.

I read any number of different form analysts.  O'Sullivan seems to have been very accurate in his rating of Imperatriz's wins vs the rating of form from other races such as The Everest.

O'Sullivan rated the Champions Sprint win at 106.

I read this morning another form analyst has assessed the first 600m as 10 lengths faster than average.  Given Imperatriz hit the front a bit early and had to fight I'd class that performance at international level.

So what's your point about ratings and their use for punting?