Bit Of A Yarn

~The Champions sprint...because...

holy ravioli

1 minute ago, holy ravioli said:

Well ,her record shows she is a very good mare...Won a Coolmore and a Newmarket,

Very good is subjective.

The Coolmore she won wasn't an overly strong one and an age group race at set weights.

The Newmarket she carried a lightweight of 51.5kg under handicap conditions.  She hasn't done a lot since.

A plus is she seems to not mind the straight six.

13 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

So her run in the Everest where she came from the back,hooked wider out to motor home for 4th was impressive imo.

It looked impressive but in my opinion she ran to her rating not above it and came to the end of that run a couple of lengths before the post.  She hasn't won since the Newmarket in March.

Well beaten in the TJ at WFA.  Meets Imperatriz on equal weights.

18 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

has beaten Everest contenders IWIW& Buenos Noches ,

So has Imperatriz as well as a few others!

19 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

has banked over 4.5mil and won 6 from 13.

Money won and percentage wins aren't necessarily good indicators of form for a specific race.

$1.5m of that was from running 4th in The Everest. 

Imperatriz has a 76% win record vs 46% for In Secret.  60% win record for Imperatriz at Group Level. 

Imperatriz a $ROI of 160%.

In Secret 57%.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Very good is subjective.

The Coolmore she won wasn't an overly strong one and an age group race at set weights.

The Newmarket she carried a lightweight of 51.5kg under handicap conditions.  She hasn't done a lot since.

A plus is she seems to not mind the straight six.

No it's not subjective at all.Of all the thousands of race horses competing she is in elite company.

'Stakes performance: 1st 2023 Yulong Stud Newmarket Hcp (Gr.1); 2022 Coolmore Stud Stakes (Gr.1); 2023 Tab Light Fingers Stakes (Gr.2); 2022 Furphy Run To The Rose (Gr.2); 2022 Vinery Woodlands Stks (LR); 2nd 2022 Golden Rose Stakes (Gr.1); 2022 Silver Shadow Stakes (Gr.2); 2023 Southern Cross Group Concorde Stakes (Gr.3); 3rd 2023 Drinkwise Surround Stakes (Gr.1);

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

So has Imperatriz as well as a few others!

Money won and percentage wins aren't necessarily good indicators of form for a specific race.

$1.5m of that was from running 4th in The Everest. 

Imperatriz has a 76% win record vs 46% for In Secret.  60% win record for Imperatriz at Group Level. 

Imperatriz a $ROI of 160%.

In Secret 57%.

So far Imperatriz has 3 grp1 wins in Australia...all at Moonee Valley.

The calibre of horses competed against is a good indicator of ability.

Anyway in another week or so...we will...see.

27 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

The calibre of horses competed against is a good indicator of ability.

Not necessarily when they run fourth to them.  However relative performance is a good indicator and as we debated earlier one judge had her win rated higher than The Everest.

Did you analyse the sectionals for The Everest?  I can't seem to find them.

18 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Not necessarily when they run fourth to them.  However relative performance is a good indicator and as we debated earlier one judge had her win rated higher than The Everest.

Don't have them...1200 run in 1.07.64.

51 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

They are here:

https://racing.australianturfclub.com.au/meeting/4342

As I suspected In Secret's sectionals overall in comparison weren't exceptional.  Very good all the same.  The fastest last 600m of the field.  Her last 200m slower than her second last which in my opinion would indicate she had used up all her gas. 

May not have described that very well and looking at the sectionals on my phone stretches my eyesight!

28 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

As I suspected In Secret's sectionals overall in comparison weren't exceptional.  Very good all the same.  The fastest last 600m of the field.  Her last 200m slower than her second last which in my opinion would indicate she had used up all her gas. 

May not have described that very well and looking at the sectionals on my phone stretches my eyesight!

That can happen with google on the phone. You are liable to end up google eyed!

I note the latest TRC ratings have Imperatriz rated at 120.6. In Secret at 115.6.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/rankings/category/horse/?paginate-by=200&sort-by=rank&sort-by-order=desc

Be interesting to see where the Longine's ratings have them this month.

Edited by curious