Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Cup time . BOAY Comp time .

Gammalite

7 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well the irony is that the outsider you backed in the first was priced at good value.  I looked at its form afterwards and its Addington form held up amongst that lot.

As @Brodie said I took a Whale approach but it's a losing punter who has a bet on every race Cup Day.

What harness racing needs nowadays obviously is to attract new punters to attend the races and also punt on all other race meetings!

I haven’t had a crack on anything for probably 8 weeks or so, just can not be bothered trying to find something worth backing and then not betting enough on.

Gammalites punting competition organising is appreciated muchly and the fact that I was an also ran, confirms why I  prefer to watch on Cup Day!

Always a great social  day out for the younger ones, but most wont be back for another 365 days.

Addington probably do not care too much as they must make millions on the hospitality!

$70 entrance on the day for general admission is not the way to attract people to attend during the year and the hospitality packages nowadays is just daylight robbery.

Yes people are paying so I suppose that it must be OK for them but surely wont entice them oncourse regularly.

Were some good interviews being done on the day, and the one Unhinged did on the members queuing up and then dashing to get a table was hilarious.

Some looked like they were about to have heart attacks!

• Like 2

I will be backing 5 horses heavily today to lose its the easiest lays of all time muscle mountain 2.3 & akuta 1.3.muscle mountain is past it and good luck from back there Ben you'll more than need it you'll need a miracle and akuta is overrated by all and will be crossed at the start so good luck from there.theres three other short price favourite losers too just check out Mick g on hrnz 😂

33 minutes ago, Forbury said:

I will be backing 5 horses heavily today to lose its the easiest lays of all time muscle mountain 2.3 & akuta 1.3.muscle mountain is past it and good luck from back there Ben you'll more than need it you'll need a miracle and akuta is overrated by all and will be crossed at the start so good luck from there.theres three other short price favourite losers too just check out Mick g on hrnz 😂

G'day mate.

I just wanted to know what is a Lay of the day ? or a 'Lay of All time'? .

I kept reading that shit about Imperatriz all the time.  Lay this lay that sounds like a bunch of old mother Hens 😄

What actually happens ? I have never seen a 'LAY' betting option . I take First 4 's and that sort of thing.

Is it a Real Bet ? or are you actually just backing other runners when you LAY something?  I've never seen a LOSE market ever? . just win and place.

Edited by Gammalite
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Forbury said:

were you on mr love forbury. Backed up his impressive win at rangiora with another today for the hopes.Ben hope seems to think he's pretty good. 

I see mr love's mother for sale on gavel house.I wonder what she will sell for?

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

G'day mate.

I kept reading that shit about Imperatriz all the time.  Lay this lay that sounds like a bunch of old mother Hens 😄

What actually happens ? I have never seen a 'LAY' betting option . I take First 4 's and that sort of thing.

Is it a Real Bet ? or are you actually just backing other runners when you LAY something?  I've never seen a LOSE market ever? . just win and place.

Think Forbury is talking about laying on Betfair!

You can bet against a horse winning on their exchange!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

G'day mate.

I think lay betting is when the bookies offer more generous odds on a horse,hoping to entice punters to bet on it.They do that because they think said horse will not win.

I think lay betting also applies when you think a favorite will not win,so you place money on it to lose in one of those betting pools they run overseas.

I guess it is called lay betting,because in effect by your betting strategy being the one horse to lose,you actually win if any of several other runners in that race  win,thus you don't have all your eggs in just the one basket. Like you said,maybe the saying was to do with chickens and eggs maybe.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

were you on mr love forbury. Backed up his impressive win at rangiora with another today for the hopes.Ben hope seems to think he's pretty good. 

I see mr love's mother for sale on gavel house.I wonder what she will sell for?

I just watched the unhinghed interview. ben hope saying the dam would be a very good buy for someone as she has left some nice horses. I see the mare only 12yold. seems a good opportunity for someone to buy a nice mare.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forbury said:

If I never read or hear another letter out of Mick Guerins  mouth the better.all he speaks is blah blah blah.the only one that I may be wrong is akuta but at that price I'll rather back it to lose than back it to win 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

G'day mate.

Never believe anything believe yourself your a champion and Imperatriz is the best sprinter from NZ I've seen in thirty years by far.lay to back the horse to lose and other runners to beat it.also you can leave it out of your exotics to win big as they are false favourites under the odds

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, the galah said:

I just watched the unhinghed interview. ben hope saying the dam would be a very good buy for someone as she has left some nice horses. I see the mare only 12yold. seems a good opportunity for someone to buy a nice mare.

Yea right I considered it big time but with Ben on from that draw there was zero chance I could bring myself too.ive actually been doing well laying some of his short price favourites

26 minutes ago, Forbury said:

Yea right I considered it big time but with Ben on from that draw there was zero chance I could bring myself too.ive actually been doing well laying some of his short price favourites

are you thinking muscle mountain may break at the start forb's? Its hard to see him getting beaten if he goes away with them And as i have said many times,ben hope is one of nz's best drivers of trotters. 

who do you think may cross akuta.only beach ball or heza sport may try. heza sport went a big race in the cup.If beach ball did cross he would try and lead all way anyway with akuta in trail. Maybe your hoping heza sport leads and then trails beach ball. Then ardies express may win.

i haven't had a bet myself today,but the racing and coverage has been great.

Well i hope you got plenty forb's.

Lets hope Muscle mountain doesn't have the issue he had today again.The Hopes started on a high and ended on a low. Mr love who won the first race seemed to have quite a runny nose afterwards,but ran great,then muscle mountain looked great ,but had the fibrillation.

what a brilliant drive by mark purdon.Just seems to be able to produce those drives so consistently in the big races.

And nathan purdon seems to be doing a great job training them. They seem to have a lot of women on their staff. Maybe thats part of the reason for their success.

Edited by the galah

9 hours ago, Forbury said:

you will have to change your name to nostradamus forbury.

Akuta had every chance but maybe tuesdays run took the edge off him. Maybe that fella grimson knew what he was doing not running swayzee and is more clever than we think.

Aardies express i thought might have run better,but nodded like it was sore like it always does.Shame its not 100% as shes very good.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

Akuta had every chance but maybe tuesdays run took the edge off him. Maybe that fella grimson knew what he was doing not running swayzee and is more clever than we think.

Copy That never ran on the Friday either the past 2 years after winning the Cup.

They just go so hard at it now is very hard to back-up?  . AKUTA had his chance today but think you're right about the edge there as you say. . 

Self Assured won this race today , also Won the FFA last year too (at about 7 or $8 ) price. but sort of set for todays race by not starting last Tuesday.  Fresh and Fit !! what a great horse... better than Gammalite I reckon. 

Purdons Allstars Win with Tactics yet again . But did just miss out in the Cup again too (for the 3rd straight year). 

• Like 1