Bit Of A Yarn

Maija Vance Fundraiser

hesi

• hesi pinned this topic
On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, hesi said:

Copied from the multi coloured flip flop site, but for a very good cause

https://www.gofundme.com/help-maija-walk-again?fbclid=IwAR2IlWcawRCL0LHYTzhZN-ziNW4pM9i8fdJwaxEjYiZolAcr6B2cjnpPpgo

Ok, BOAYERS..I have A Cunning Plan... no, not that kind of a plan!
A plan so GOOOD it'll bring out the best in all of us, make us all feel good, and best of all, help someone who needs help..

Instead of tapping in to the other site's link to help Maija Vance through Gofundme, LET'S DO OUR OWN THING AND MAKE A BULK DONATION FROM BOAY members.

Surely between us we can make $1k or more ....surely one or other of you guys/girls knows the Vance family..

CS ...what say you? Can we set up a BOAY MAIJA VANCE fund/account administered by BOAY or a reputable, honourable all-round good guy/girl , keep it going til (say) the end of the Riccarton Cup carnival, or Xmas) and give the BOAY FUNDS to the Vance family in December?

Tis the season of good racing ... and goodwill... and a chance for BOAY to flex its muscle and DO SOME GOOD IN THE WORLD.

I am happy to kick this off by donating $100, once the logistics are sorted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Weasel said:

Ok, BOAYERS..I have A Cunning Plan... no, not that kind of a plan!
A plan so GOOOD it'll bring out the best in all of us, make us all feel good, and best of all, help someone who needs help..

Instead of tapping in to the other site's link to help Maija Vance through Gofundme, LET'S DO OUR OWN THING AND MAKE A BULK DONATION FROM BOAY members.

Surely between us we can make $1k or more ....surely one or other of you guys/girls knows the Vance family..

CS ...what say you? Can we set up a BOAY MAIJA VANCE fund/account administered by BOAY or a reputable, honourable all-round good guy/girl , keep it going til (say) the end of the Riccarton Cup carnival, or Xmas) and give the BOAY FUNDS to the Vance family in December?

Tis the season of good racing ... and goodwill... and a chance for BOAY to flex its muscle and DO SOME GOOD IN THE WORLD.

I am happy to kick this off by donating $100, once the logistics are sorted.

what an awesome thought, as I pretty sure gofundme, givealittle etc take a cut (as I guess the sites dont run themselves but still profiting from peopled misfortune is so wrong). 

• Like 2

Good point Jason, some of these charity set ups can clip the ticket too much......I think

Easiest way for this to be handled is for The Chief to put up a bank account no and people can internet transfer money and make a thread comment

Then he can just transfer money to the Vances

Someone who still has an account on RC can mail Turnip Orange(Bob Vance)

Ok with u Chief?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Good work, gents - I checked the Gofundme 'donate' page and found its in AU $$$ and theres a 15% recommended fee to them. Thieving bawsteds.

This project is worth doing for its own sake but I recommend:

• establish a specific timeframe for donations from BOAY members, family, friends..
  • be proactive in that time in getting the 'pot' added to.
  • don't tell the Vances anything until the time's up (week before Xmas). Then give the donation  to themon behalf of BOAY forum and publicise it (obviously on this forum) via NZ Racing Desk, Informant, Herald, Trackside, whatever. At least BOAY will get some deserved recognition for the initiative, coordinating the project and achievement of funds raised. I stress that the publicity is secondary motivation here; primary one is to HELP MAIJA and family through a very difficult period.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

46 minutes ago, Weasel said:

v kind of you, Hesi thanks.

If CS does not want the hassle of this I am happy to do it on my own bat, ie set up a bank account and coordinate things. It is a busy time of year for everyone.

All okay to go ahead as above when you are ready

Start a new thread with a new title to distinguish it from this one, and I will pin

Edited by hesi

25 minutes ago, hesi said:

All okay to go ahead as above when you are ready

Start a new thread with a new title to distinguish it from this one, and I will pin

juast to be clear..what does 'as above' mean ..I set up the account and advise details on a new thread?

Loving this Weasel, Hesi & co. 

As Blackadder would say - plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel ? Oh and it just so happens we have a Weasel in our midst! (Let's not dwell on whether he really  has a tail... ?)

I don't like the idea of 15% coming off the top when this way, the Mustelid Code of Conduct would see all our donations go in full to Maija.

Don't know you fellas personally but feel like I know enough to trust your good hearts and will be donating 

Thanks and I will check back in for details.  Go BOAY!!!

Jess

• Like 4

20 hours ago, jess said:

Loving this Weasel, Hesi & co. 

As Blackadder would say - plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel ? Oh and it just so happens we have a Weasel in our midst! (Let's not dwell on whether he really  has a tail... ?)

I don't like the idea of 15% coming off the top when this way, the Mustelid Code of Conduct would see all our donations go in full to Maija.

Don't know you fellas personally but feel like I know enough to trust your good hearts and will be donating 

Thanks and I will check back in for details.  Go BOAY!!!

Jess

Since you are curious, Jess, Here's a clue on the tail of my identity!

images6FK9DUYB.jpg

• hesi unpinned this topic
33 minutes ago, jess said:

Haha Weasel... i think the clue has confirmed my suspicions ...u cld send it coiled up in a standard nz post envelope eh ... ?

send what? My tail? Ouch! Or the Redwood memento ... gimme an address ...eg Jess  c/o Some Address Somewhereville