Bit Of A Yarn

Hey John Allen

hesi

Get out of your fucking ivory tower and do something about your piss useless customer service or get one of your overpaid suits to

Put on an all up at the Helensville pub TAB machine, at least 3 hours before close of the first leg, got the number wrong on the first leg, immediately asked the barman to cancel but to no avail

For the record, wanted Jimmy Rocket but got Kakahu Stalker.....exactly, no chance

You are stealing money off people for the sake of pathetic rules

And yes I did ring the 0800 number and they would not cancel the bet

• Champ Post 1

33 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hesi - did it take you more than two minutes to check your tickets?  Save you have to read Barryb's link.

They said it needs to be cancelled within 1 minute.

The whole point is, people make mistakes from time to time, and they must have the right to cancel a bet within a reasonable period of time.

In the case of a pub self help machine, where the user may not be familiar with how to cancel and therefore has to get help, 1 minute, or even 2 minutes, 3 hours out from race start, is not achievable.  Even in a proper TAB, it would take longer than that to ask an operator to cancel a bet.

Edited by hesi

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Get out of your fucking ivory tower and do something about your piss useless customer service or get one of your overpaid suits to

Put on an all up at the Helensville pub TAB machine, at least 3 hours before close of the first leg, got the number wrong on the first leg, immediately asked the barman to cancel but to no avail

For the record, wanted Jimmy Rocket but got Kakahu Stalker.....exactly, no chance

Thats what happens when they get so greedy and just put self service machines in pubs,  you can put money on but can't change your ticket or take money out....I had the same trouble in Paihia a few weeks ago, a pub self service machine and a rsa self-service machine, no where to withdraw funds from my tab account unless I drive ,28 kilometres to Keri Keri, they are slowly but surely isolating punters, God knows what the elderly punters who are not computer savvy do....but I guess the tab don't give a rats about them!!

8 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Thats what happens when they get so greedy and just put self service machines in pubs,  you can put money on but can't change your ticket or take money out....I had the same trouble in Paihia a few weeks ago, a pub self service machine and a rsa self-service machine, no where to withdraw funds from my tab account unless I drive ,28 kilometres to Keri Keri, they are slowly but surely isolating punters, God knows what the elderly punters who are not computer savvy do....but I guess the tab don't give a rats about them!!

Yeah I hear ya.  Once again we reinvent something new when there are other solutions already in place throughout the world.  For example in OZ they have these self-service machines sitting on the bar.  Usually multiple units not much bigger than a shoe box (child's size).  You fill out your ticket (which are simpler than ours - only takes about 10 mins first time to work them out) and scan the machine.  A beep goes off on the machine and I presume a light comes on and the bar maid comes past and processes your money.  

If you want to cash up the bar obliges.  It seemed to me a very efficient process - minimal technology AND customer service.

Mind you with OZZIE bar staff multi tasking, gambling and pouring beer is built into their DNA!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, hesi said:

Don’t panic Hesi they are only 15 years away from a cash out option. 

• Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes

I went into my local yesterday to withdraw some money (a rarity!) and was told I couldn't as the operators were only trainees! The last time I tried to withdraw from the same place I was told the same excuse, and that was months ago!

They like to take your money easily enough but when it comes to paying out they don't half make it a fucking mission.....I'm over it!