Bit Of A Yarn

Jim Pike- Overated?

Newmarket

It seems Pike has some sort of cult following, whenever I am watching him ride the commentators really give him a plug. Obviously gets the winners, but have a look how many short price favs he rides, amazing how many times he gets beat charging home too late. Not my money talking as I never bet on those tracks, what are others views?

49 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You know what I mean FFS, you should add to conversation , pity Hesi still not around, was a good site this when he helped starting it. Just nonsense shit now with crappy advertising

Geez lighten up!  Just a bit of humour!

BTW Hesi had absolutely NOTHING to do with starting it.  He may have sent PM's to other users while on RaceCafe.

It was my idea, my cash and many hours of my work to start it.  Just as I put many many hours into saving and building RaceCafe.

Hesi didn't want free speech and objected mainly to my not banning outright @Thomass.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

BTW Hesi had absolutely NOTHING to do with starting it.  He may have sent PM's to other users while on Channel X.

It was my idea, my cash and many hours of my work to start it.  Just as I put many many hours into saving and building Channel X.

Hesi didn't want free speech and objected mainly to my not banning outright @Thomass.  

I see the occasional reaction still from that gentleman.

• Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

BTW Hesi had absolutely NOTHING to do with starting it.  He may have sent PM's to other users while on Channel X.

It was my idea, my cash and many hours of my work to start it.  Just as I put many many hours into saving and building Channel X.

Well come on, you want others to start threads otherwise it’s just you starting them and mostly get few replies. I ask the question on this post about Pike yet still nobody has a view… why bother

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well come on, you want others to start threads otherwise it’s just you starting them and mostly get few replies. I ask the question on this post about Pike yet still nobody has a view… why bother

you're right mate. definitely bother. I think mentioning a champion of the past stuttered your cause a bit. Jim Pike had HUGE gambling problem back in the day. virtually forced out of the game in debt.

as for William Pike. had a crack in the Eastern states and did ok. But can ride every race in the West and so he went home. Does tend to get back in the field a bit but riding the Bob and Sarah PETERS multi millionaire runners all the time , he is always Gunnna be on the fav , but as you know , You Can't Win All the time ... ( Fav's help you win some of the time though 😁🏆💰)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

you're right mate. definitely bother. I think mentioning a champion of the past stuttered your cause a bit. Jim Pike had HUGE gambling problem back in the day. virtually forced out of the game in debt.

as for William Pike. had a crack in the Eastern states and did ok. But can ride every race in the West and so he went home. Does tend to get back in the field a bit but riding the Bob and Sarah PETERS multi millionaire runners all the time , he is always Gunnna be on the fav , but as you know , You Can't Win All the time ... ( Fav's help you win some of the time though 😁🏆💰)

He doesn't bustle a horse early and can get back.  You can get away with it more in Perth and WA.  Not so easy in Sydney where Gai trains all her horses to take no prisoners early.

Last Race Willie Pike might be in more of a hurry in the last race to get home!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

He doesn't bustle a horse early and can get back.  You can get away with it more in Perth and WA.  Not so easy in Sydney where Gai trains all her horses to take no prisoners early.

Last Race Willie Pike might be in more of a hurry in the last race to get home!

'He doesn't bustle a horse early and can get back'....isn't this supposedly the secret of JMacs success in...Sydney?

17 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

'He doesn't bustle a horse early and can get back'....isn't this supposedly the secret of JMacs success in...Sydney?

JMac is successful anywhere.  He's just bloody good.

But he's still human and can make mistakes,  all of us can and do, so we don't need a dissection of every error whether real or imagined.