Bit Of A Yarn

National Party??

Newmarket

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Reefton, 

Winston never lasts? Mate your joking, this guy has been around for years. I think many national supporters, yourself included, are pissed off that the coalition is sort of working. National said it would all come tumbling down, but really it is national that is self destructing. 

Yes he gets in for three years makes an arse of himself and gets booted out then spends (usually six) years stirring up malcontents before the swing of the political pendulum gets him the chance to hold the country to ransom like he has done three times already.

It ain't longevity it is an ability to act like a plonker on whatever issue might squeeze him 5% of the vote then ponce around saying look at me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Nicola Willis is another light weight list mp with no hope. She another one of these went from University straight into politics without any real world experience. Lived in wellington bubble all her life and is too into government tit be any good. It be Amy Adams if Bridges goes or Nikki Kaye. Other one may have good chance is Todd Muller and another rising star is Andrew Bayly.

I never said she is next in did I?  I'd say at least three years away from a decent spokesmanship or Ministerial post but a couple of years after that look out.   As for being straight from Varsity well she may be but clearly is a rising star and that sort of history does not matter in the National Party - there are a lot of highly successful business people in that party who will be sure she is on the right track before she is let loose.  Unlike the Labour Party which is chocka with  Political Science graduates with no life skills or experience but an incredible depth of knowledge about how every one else should live their lives.

9 hours ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Nicola Willis is another light weight list mp with no hope. She another one of these went from University straight into politics without any real world experience. Lived in wellington bubble all her life and is too into government tit be any good. It be Amy Adams if Bridges goes or Nikki Kaye. Other one may have good chance is Todd Muller and another rising star is Andrew Bayly.

you might like to check your facts on that. Shes definitely had private sector experience post University and also comes from a family with alot of experience in energy law and also journalism. 

• Like 1