Bit Of A Yarn

TAB Restrictions are crazy!!

Brodie

It is no wonder that harness racing is struggling in NZ, when you are restricted to only being able to win $150 by the NZ TAB!!!!!!
What is the point of having any bet when these ludicrously low amounts that certain punters are allowed to win are in place???!

They say they want racing to thrive and increase turnover and retain punters, well I have news for the NZ TAB and it is that your policies that you continue to adopt is killing harness racing!

There are meetings every week in NZ now that is costing the industry money and by stopping punters from wagering on these meetings is one of the reasons there is buggerall amounts being offloaded.

The so called big bets that they announce on harness racing are NOT BIG BETS!!!
The TAB should grow some and be prepared to take the punters on!

• Like 1

TAB has a $50000 guaranteed quaddie, I  would say it will cost them to top it up based on the normal pools.

As for the bigger punters, TAB should have bigger limits, after all punting on all the short priced favourites is all very fine but nine times out of ten they get it back with a couple of upsets, most times the house wins.

I thought the limit one could win was 2 grand.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

TAB has a $50000 guaranteed quaddie, I  would say it will cost them to top it up based on the normal pools.

As for the bigger punters, TAB should have bigger limits, after all punting on all the short priced favourites is all very fine but nine times out of ten they get it back with a couple of upsets, most times the house wins.

The limits adopted and restrictions are hugely detrimental to harness racing!

Wish limits were that you were able to win $2k minimum per bet, but not worth the effort often. 

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Yep allowed to win $2K on the win. Place punting I am lucky to get on through account. At the TAB no issues but anything over $250 in one go there is a delay while they think about it and sometimes get declined. Easier to get the girlfriend to put it on in $50 lots a few minutes apart, it saves a lot of hassles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I guess brodie is talking about place bets.  

Do you bet on your tab account or at a tab brodie?

Went a couple of months without any wagering but this is the time that is the easiest to win, when there is so many meetings, so back in!

account betting is not worth my effort normally!

Tried Top 4 a few times and they let you on to win $20 or $30 and they call themselves BOOKIES?

Doesnt appear that this Entain has got the appetite to attract wagering on harness either, but dont think they really care about racing, all about the Sports and other things that they control!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Went a couple of months without any wagering but this is the time that is the easiest to win, when there is so many meetings, so back in!

account betting is not worth my effort normally!

Tried Top 4 a few times and they let you on to win $20 or $30 and they call themselves BOOKIES?

Doesnt appear that this Entain has got the appetite to attract wagering on harness either, but dont think they really care about racing, all about the Sports and other things that they control!

Get into it Brodie. Money for jam the last few months. Nothing better than taking the bookies to the cleaners week after week.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:05 PM, Brodie said:

The so called big bets that they announce on harness racing are NOT BIG BETS!!!

It is relative to one's personal situation.

Out here in Hei Hei the bookie in Wycola Park still trades in portions of Aulesbrooks broken biscuits.

Man we have some fun betting within our means.

• Haha 2