Bit Of A Yarn

race 1 addington.

the galah

What did everyone think of the drive of the number 1 horse.  Maybe to the casual observer they may not realise that the two jones runners had different colours,but anyone who follows the sport knows they were stablemates.Very ,very obvious team driving in my opinion. I personally can't understand why anyone would do that given the likely consequences and the perception it creates for that stable.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

What did everyone think of the drive of the number 1 horse.  Maybe to the casual observer they may not realise that the two jones runners had different colours,but anyone who follows the sport knows they were stablemates.Very ,very obvious team driving in my opinion. I personally can't understand why anyone would do that given the likely consequences and the perception it creates for that stable.

Yes I was counting on Gemma letting her in. Gave me a great collect on the first four.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

She plead guilty and got a 6 day suspension.

Seems fair enough and at least she had the sense to recognise her mistake.

Gemma is too honest and hasn't fully grasped that the stewards take almost any excuse going hook line and sinker. 

The Dexter Dunns and Blair Oranges would have said "I was having trouble steering him and thought he might break if I pushed him" 

Stewards Reply: Drivers explanation was noted and the driver was warned to make more effort next time in that situation

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Gemma is too honest and hasn't fully grasped that the stewards take almost any excuse going hook line and sinker. 

Can't agree with you on this occasion. 

She just admitted to the obvious...pulling her own horse to give the stablemate a better chance.

Just think about that.Personally i don't know her from a bar of soap,but perhaps you mean this was an out of character action.

look,i know no one is perfect,but like it or not,it doesn't reflect well on that stable.

I can just see the peter profit headline tomorrow.That publication has a large following. For reasons unknown to me,peter profit has a thing about the mark jones stable. Well today the Mark jones stable scored an own goal.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:10 PM, the galah said:

I can just see the peter profit headline tomorrow.That publication has a large following. For reasons unknown to me,peter profit has a thing about the mark jones stable. Well today the Mark jones stable scored an own goal.

Archibald Butterfly very silent. Does Tropical Cyclone Jasper have him in its cross hairs.

Uncle Jasper tidy in Sires Produce for breeders Wise, Rollo and Carville RIP

Heat winner Trident just out of placings and Bacardi a bit beyond that.

23 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Heat winner Trident just out of placings

A great horse though, but he missed away in the Sires Produce that Uncle Jasper won . Trident  won the Sires Stakes Final in Auckland in May when expertly handled by Wolfie (worth 4 x more than the Produce anyway)  so had a great season with 7 wins . Had Broken track records at various tracks around the countryside with Wolfie, Robin Swain, Alan Scobie and John Hay all setting those records  . O'Meara having a great old time with him  

DSC03120.JPG

• Like 1