Bit Of A Yarn

Te Rapa, oh dear.

barryb

Track looks a mess, bare patches everywhere and grass a mile long. Here we go again.

Geoff the caterer has been assholed in favour off an average Hamilton outfit that has packet produce.

A f--king silly 2 mt high black steel railing is fully around the parade ring and is H and S madness. Too high and obstructive viewing.

Will we get through the day is the question, on seeing the track I have lost confidence I  that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, barryb said:

The club system is totally f--king NZ Racing as evidenced last 2 weeks and here again today. Time for a fully accountable businesslike approach run centrally.

Is that a 'tongue in cheek' comment?  Isn't Te Rapa one of those Iconic tracks that are well funded and managed by the racing elite of Waikato?  How much centrally managed can you get?

• Like 1

You fellas will love this, just got kicked out of members for wearing sandals. Technically a scandal and an expensive pair at that I have worn much worse and been fine for years. A fella passes me with a slip on shoe with shorts from The Warehouse and hes fine, bloody classic.

We are talking Te Rapa, not Ellerslie and it's a Public Holiday and 25c. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

You fellas will love this, just got kicked out of members for wearing sandals. Technically a scandal and an expensive pair at that I have worn much worse and been fine for years. A fella passes me with a slip on shoe with shorts from The Warehouse and hes fine, bloody classic.

Perhaps they are reading BOAY?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Yep, the magnetic poles have definitely reversed

7 minutes ago, barryb said:

Did your socks match your sandals?.....oh that's right, only Poms wear socks with sandals.

Guest CrossCodes

Another on speed, bias track dished up today, jockeys must be aware of this but none of them seem to be using any initiative and the races are just a sit up and sprint job as per normal.......boring AF

27 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Another on speed, bias track dished up today, jockeys must be aware of this but none of them seem to be using any initiative and the races are just a sit up and sprint job as per normal.......boring AF

Wasn't the last race a farce, had the winner so not complaining, but jeez they handed it to it.

Edited by barryb

29 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Yeah, quite true. I never bet there anymore. Huge long straight, yet those on the pace are nearly unbeatable? 

I wouldn't be keen to race a horse at Te Rapa. Track looks rough & still resembles a sandpit to me. I wonder how many horses will land up with respiratory issues post this raceday? As for the continuing track bias. - no change there, it seems, either.

Now we wait for Ellerslie. I am almost scared to imagine what might transpire.

7 minutes ago, hesi said:

What was the final wrap on the catering Barry, excuse the pun

Its very ordinary Hesi, they had a superb guy but apparently he got the ass because he was supposedly too dear and had complaints.

Now its Kerr & Ladbrook  http://www.kerrandladbrook.co.nz/about-us.html

Everything was in plastic and made 2-3 days ago and tasted it. Probably just normal race day fare but we had become accustomed to quality stuff http://www.wildtribe.co.nz/partners.html

If you are like Thomass, plastic wrapped stuff microwaved is fine is thats what you would normally have at home.