Bit Of A Yarn

Brian Martin

Newmarket

On 20/12/2023 at 8:18 PM, JTeaz said:

Training dogs with his mother Linda. Had a meeting of the sacked commentator brigade last week at Cambrisge. We could go on all day.

So I see Tony Lee has been sacked from Jan…..did you get moved on mr Teaz or did you have enough and now concentrate on training? 

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

So I see Tony Lee has been sacked from Jan…..did you get moved on mr Teaz or did you have enough and now concentrate on training? 

I resigned to move back home to Hamilton as i was offered a contractor role. When covid hit i was laid off and have never returned. So yes, definitely a sacking. Trainings a mugs game id rather be paid to call races any day but i dont fit Maryanne Twentymans ideals

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JTeaz said:

She makes all the decisions. As soon as she was appointed i threw my binoculars away

No wonder things are stuffed in that area.

Talk about jobs for the old boys.  She's been around since Methuselah and had her fingers in the Thoroughbred and Racing pie(s) - but eh let's keep doing the same old thing ad infinitum... it might work one day!

I had the fortunate experience of tagging along with a good friend to watch their horse race on Wakefield Stakes Day at Trentham.  I was starting to think that Tony Lee had lost it but his commentary that day was spot-on and entertaining even if it must have been hard watching the horse through piles of dirt and rubble!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

No wonder things are stuffed in that area.

Talk about jobs for the old boys.  She's been around since Methuselah and had her fingers in the Thoroughbred and Racing pie(s) - but eh let's keep doing the same old thing ad infinitum... it might work one day!

I had the fortunate experience of tagging along with a good friend to watch their horse race on Wakefield Stakes Day at Trentham.  I was starting to think that Tony Lee had lost it but his commentary that day was spot-on and entertaining even if it must have been hard watching the horse through piles of dirt and rubble!

Im loathe to say her influence is like a cancer on the broadcasting division...but

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/12/2023 at 9:10 AM, JTeaz said:

I resigned to move back home to Hamilton as i was offered a contractor role. When covid hit i was laid off and have never returned. So yes, definitely a sacking. Trainings a mugs game id rather be paid to call races any day but i dont fit Maryanne Twentymans ideals

So your enthusiasm for the game wasn't what she wanted? geez hard luck mate..some people just can't be pleased.

• Champ Post 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a terrible photo.  Are they still dressed by a Stylist?  I'd say not as it looks like a school mufti day.

I too am asking the question, what has Maryanne Twentywoman got to do with it?  Is she Mrs Entain?  If there is so much dissatisfaction with the channel, and turnover is not on the increase, surely the people who have been making decisions must go.  There might be quite a few who are sitting in an unsafe seat.

Bad luck to those who have already gone.  I hope they find something better soon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Special Agent said:

What a terrible photo.  Are they still dressed by a Stylist?  I'd say not as it looks like a school mufti day.

It's one of my gripes with the Trackside presenters.  It appears the dress code has a very broad scope.  Some of the fashion choices are appalling.  Why can't they have a shared blazer? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Special Agent said:

I too am asking the question, what has Maryanne Twentywoman got to do with it?

She makes all the presenter staff decisions.  That must be right because she says so on her Linkedin profile - 

About

Living in Christchurch working with the awesome team at Trackside (Entain Australian and NZ) and NEP.

I am currently managing our incredibly talented on-air broadcast team including all Trackside presenters and racing commentators.

Hence we have lost some very very good commentators.  How does she work from Christchurch?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

It's one of my gripes with the Trackside presenters.  It appears the dress code has a very broad scope.  Some of the fashion choices are appalling.  Why can't they have a shared blazer? 

What on their ensemble says "Trackside"?  Nothing!!  I agree, there needs to be some form of uniformity.  It screams "we are all individuals, and so important".

Edited by Special Agent