Bit Of A Yarn

Nelson Trots Two Day Annual Meeting Friday 12th & Sunday 14th January.

On 1/7/2024 at 7:00 PM, Michael said:

Correct on both counts

Seems it was 1980 Michael....I'm copying and pasting below a piece I just read.

"Retired Wingatui trainer Hec Anderton can recall the day when his family and the Powell clan booked out all the available accommodation at the Globe Hotel in Riverton for an Easter racing carnival.

''We used to have some wonderful times at Riverton. Sometimes we would be based there for 10 days to take in three days' racing at Easter,'' he said yesterday.

Hec's late parents, Alice (nee Powell) and Hector, were household names in racing with their dual New Zealand Cup winner Princess Mellay, ill fated filly Powley and Kumai, one of the greatest winter gallopers to look through a bridle at Wingatui and Trentham.

Champion filly Powley who tragically succumbed to a dreadful ordeal on an Inter Island crossing on Cook Strait, when returning from Trentham, was named after Hector Anderton's wife, a sister of trainer Ashley Powell of Captain's Command fame"

25 minutes ago, Walt said:

Seems it was 1980 Michael....I'm copying and pasting below a piece I just read.

"Retired Wingatui trainer Hec Anderton can recall the day when his family and the Powell clan booked out all the available accommodation at the Globe Hotel in Riverton for an Easter racing carnival.

''We used to have some wonderful times at Riverton. Sometimes we would be based there for 10 days to take in three days' racing at Easter,'' he said yesterday.

Hec's late parents, Alice (nee Powell) and Hector, were household names in racing with their dual New Zealand Cup winner Princess Mellay, ill fated filly Powley and Kumai, one of the greatest winter gallopers to look through a bridle at Wingatui and Trentham.

Champion filly Powley who tragically succumbed to a dreadful ordeal on an Inter Island crossing on Cook Strait, when returning from Trentham, was named after Hector Anderton's wife, a sister of trainer Ashley Powell of Captain's Command fame"

I think it was  slightly later than 1980 as I can remember her racing at that Trentham meeting. She was a magnificent looking mare. I remember seeing her win the big race at Orari, I have a feeling she ran away and hid by about half the length of the straight, and of course she won the 1,000 Guineas. Was a contemporary of The Dimple and Just From Santa. Won one of the big miles at Trentham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doomed said:

I think it was  slightly later than 1980 as I can remember her racing at that Trentham meeting. She was a magnificent looking mare. I remember seeing her win the big race at Orari, I have a feeling she ran away and hid by about half the length of the straight, and of course she won the 1,000 Guineas. Was a contemporary of The Dimple and Just From Santa. Won one of the big miles at Trentham.

That makes sense. I only said 1980 as I know she was born in 1977 and Hec referred to her as a filly so I assumed she must have still only been 3.

Whatever year it was, we know it was a huge loss to everyone concerned and of course the industry. Most would have happily paid plenty for a horse out of Powley. 

Unfortunately I can't find any of her runs on Youtube. 

The Dimple, The Twinkle, The Fantasy etc were all gems

The Big Nelson meeting this week .

Here's one for the local lad Walt then to try and remember. Probably no chance of picking this winner , as can't see the colours 🤣.  brilliant! . Now Rangatira won't be able to nail this mare either. knew we could stump him in the end after 101 tries.🍻😎  

A low class field here of horses barely winning 2 races each . Gavin Smith on the favourite mowed down late by the Number 11 who finished with a brilliant sprint from the back of the field at the quarter , and roaring home out wide from a seemingly hopeless position turning in ,(when driven by her trainer TC on this occasion).  in later races by Tim. 

Being the class horse of this Nelson field she went on to win 7 races including a Group 2 feature mares races at Addington , beating 2 of Marks so that is pretty good ,  before being exported to the USA . 

Those slower placegetters (being a bit slower) exported to Australia  later that year just before the Covid times , to try and get a win on the scoresheet.

image.thumb.png.1f23e89cff0308f50023c8c4f7ca210d.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The Big Nelson meeting this week .

Here's one for the local lad Walt then to try and remember. Probably no chance of picking this winner , as can't see the colours 🤣.  brilliant! . Now Rangatira won't be able to nail this mare either. knew we could stump him in the end after 101 tries.🍻😎  

A low class field here of horses barely winning 2 races each . Gavin Smith on the favourite mowed down late by the Number 11 who finished with a brilliant sprint from the back of the field at the quarter , and roaring home out wide from a seemingly hopeless position turning in ,(when driven by her trainer TC on this occasion).  in later races by Tim. 

Being the class horse of this Nelson field she went on to win 7 races including a Group 2 feature mares races at Addington , beating 2 of Marks so that is pretty good ,  before being exported to the USA . 

Those slower placegetters (being a bit slower) exported to Australia  later that year just before the Covid times , to try and get a win on the scoresheet.

image.thumb.png.1f23e89cff0308f50023c8c4f7ca210d.png

The Gavin Smith horse Gammalite was Red Moon Rising...just getting rolled by the Terry on Dibaba...she later beat Dream About Me in the Mares Championship @ Addington :) 

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Doomed said:

I don't know what year it was, but I was there at the time

Mike

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Will do an early bird preview for Nelson three races at a time. There will be numerous factors to be considered that are unavailable at this time such as the money trail and stable form on the day. Nelson is a track where the same stables and faces tend to have big days. The Dunn stable for example dominated at this meeting last year.

The track is in superb order and the weather forecast for Friday is a scorcher. Rain forecast for the second day on Sunday but hopefully that won't arrive until Monday. If I see or hear anything helpful on the day will post it on this thread. 

If the first race on Friday is any guide, there will be some competitive and enjoyable racing with good prospects of making a few quid.

R1.....Scarlett's Legacy getting close to a win. Nice third @ Rangiora last start and she beat Don't Tell Jenny in her trial prior to that. Don't Tell Jenny won @ The Mot on Sunday. Gavin Smith often goes very well @ Nelson.

Wallflower ran a superb race against the very good Moment's Like This @ Ashburton and has run a decent enough trial since. Dalgety stable will have her ready.

Gatecrasher getting close. Won a trial and then a nice second @ The Mot.

Moose Morowski is from the family of Lord Moose and Diamond Moose who both won their share. Brings solid enough trial for into the race. 

Chica Bella has very nice trial form for this. White stable usually go well @ Nelson. 

Crackasky for Trevor Casey has solid trial form and Blair driving.

Reiver ran a very good third @ Methven three starts back and if luck goes his way can be in the finish at a price.

Hi Life ran a very nice second last start and is from the powerful Dunn stable. Bad draw but is a place chance at least. 

Will narrow things down on Thursday but at this stage, Scralett's Legacy, Wallflower and Gatecrasher look good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R2.....Orlando Express kept giving in his trial for second. From the Dalgety stable

Ready Set Jet has been going nice trials and Bob Butt has a very good at Nelson.

Popnrock ran a solid third in his last trial for the Tomlinson's giving them a good hand in the race.

Stablemate Harmonia won her last trial nicely and Sheree knows where the finish line @ Nelson is.

If Heartbreak Hotel trots all the way this race is his to lose. Really impressed with his trial form. Gavin Smith trained so potentially an early double. Based on what I've seen, only bad luck beats him. Gavin won with Almighty Fear @ The Mot on Sunday so the stable in strong form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race 3.....open race with numerous chances. 

Bromac Times ran a solid trial and Blair driving.

Take A Selfie got my attention running behind Bromac Times in the same trial. Same stable and same syndicate won with Don't Tell Jenny first up @ The Mot in late December. The money trail will tell a story worth taking notice of.

Gem N Em has been running solid trials. Will keep improving.

Racingmissgracie has been running good races for the Hope's and looks a solid place chance.

Kaysans Rock has got my attention for sure. Impressed with his trials and Blair driving. At this stage, my money is going on him. 

I'm Rockin has looked good in his trials. Has ability but not helped by the draw.

Got Ya Now has good trial form but again a difficult draw. 

Unless there is something I've missed, Kaysans Rock looks a very strong chance of winning this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will look at the next three after I've had a swim in the pool and enjoyed a couple of cold ones. It's hard living in Nelson :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Walt said:

That makes sense. I only said 1980 as I know she was born in 1977 and Hec referred to her as a filly so I assumed she must have still only been 3.

Whatever year it was, we know it was a huge loss to everyone concerned and of course the industry. Most would have happily paid plenty for a horse out of Powley. 

Unfortunately I can't find any of her runs on Youtube. 

The Dimple, The Twinkle, The Fantasy etc were all gems

Very good trio mention there, I remember I just about cried when I heard of powley fate on the trip home, very sad time.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
R4.....Not a fan of this race but each to their own. 

Refine will likely start fav and deserves a win but she is not drawn well so will need favours..

The Real McCoy has been knocking and Gavin Smith will likely have a good day so he's in it with a shout.

Rocknroll Diva is a 5 race winner but is drawn poorly. She finished off well @ The Mot. If she has any luck, she could be there at the finish.

Baltimore Jill is no world beater and is not drawn well. That aside, didn't get a lot of luck in the home straight @ Reefton and Blair driving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R5...Misty Blue was nice first up behind Moments Like This and that race will be a good form race. Wallflower ran second in that race and she's in Race 1.

On Top Of The World has poor form but she ran a nice second in early December in a trial behind Lethal Speed who has since gone on to win. Blair is driving and is good enough to my eye to win this. 

All You Need Is Me is a trial winning filly out of the wonderful Adore Me. Has to be considered.

Courtney Rose has nice trial form and Bob Butt has a very good record @ Nelson and his stable is firing. 

Kawatiri Creek in solid form and a win is coming...just when?

Twista was very good at Alexandra Park recently running third behind a decent horse and her trial win in early December impressed me. She looks a strong chance.

Bet On Polly ran a good fourth first up for the Dunn stable. She didn't get a lot of room late and John Dunn takes over the driving. Not drawn well but she is a threat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race 6.....Grand Eagle is in the right stable with the right driver and in the right form to go well here but is up against a couple of nice horses. 

Bella Lindenny is a decent mare and she beat High Noon recently @ Westport. Blair didn't need pull the ear plugs and High Noon won at his next start.

Randel Huston P won his only race at this meeting last year. He began so brilliantly from the unruly that day he was in front inside the first 300 and never looked like getting rolled. The White's wouldn't take him to Nelson unless he was ready to race.

The horse I think will win is Ruakaka. His trial form for Bob Butt has been outstanding. His last trial last week was very impressive winning and did so like he could go around again. This is his race to lose. Clear top pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Walt

Last five races on Friday's card.

R7.......Franco Hoffman will be at good odds but is drawn well and in good form. The stable and driver in outstanding form. Place only for me.

Bryce's Meddle is a genuine winning chance from the draw.

Really like Ooga Chaka for ex Nelson boy Tim Trathen. Has a stack of ability and Bob Butt doing the driving. Bob will very likely have a big day. Tim enjoys winning @ Nelson and showed that by winning a double with Dadndave in 2019. Coincidently, this race was the first of Dadndave's double so perhaps Ooga Chaka will repeat the dose.

Beach Flybye will derive great benefit from his first run in 6 months and he will keep on improving.

Classic Linc looks a good place bet.

Watermelon Sugar is good enough to compete here so needs to be covered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R8......Idle Stuartia looks a strong place bet from the draw.

Boys Invasion is only a place hope.

Same applies with Zsa Zoe

Sunny's Sister has just got better and better and has ten metres on his biggest danger, Almighty Fear. Should win.

Almighty Fear is in great nick. His fourth on NZ Cup Day said he was ready to put his hand up. He's won two since and has a chance here to beat Sunny's Sister. Looking forward to this race.

R9.......The Nelson Cup.

Fernetti is in great form but I wonder if too much too soon. We will see. 

Lone Wolf won well last time out so deserves to take his place. Having his first stand start could be a concern. 

Live on Legend was my pick for this race a month ago but his Westport run has dented my confidence. Is clearly good enough to win. 

When I saw Alta Meteor win the Christmas Cup @ The Mot, I said there's your Nelson Cup winner. I think he's a good thing.

Mighty Looee won a double here last year and then won a decent race @ Addington. If he rocks up, he's a big danger. 

Donmaro has won his only race @ Nelson but is only a place hope to my eye. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R10....Country Gold will gain considerable benefit from his first up second for five months. John Dunn from the pole gets my attention.

Blue Rock Dancer has a strong Nelson connection. Had an excuse last time so I won't be leaving him out of my exotic bets. 

I wasn't surprised by the win of Topaz @ The Mot but was surprised at how easy she got the job done. Has to be considered.

Fourth Amendment is a contender I won't leave out of trifectas and trebles etc. Two placings from two previous runs here.

Ron McKinley made up good ground very late @ The Mot. I like the horse. A genuine upset chance. Leave out at your peril. Follow on the circuit. He'll be winning either here or over the hill at Waterlea. 

Bondi Lustre is a contender here. Plenty to like about his win four starts back in November. 

God Of Thunder was asked to do a lot in his first race for almost ten months. Not surprisingly he threw out the white flag. Will benefit from the run and will likely snare a win over the circuit. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R11.........hopefully the lucky last. 

Delightful Reality looks a good hope after her Auckland win.

Absolute Dynamite was strong in victory @ Rangiora. Great quinella chance here.

Rock Band was a very easy winner @ Auckland in June and is not here for the scenery. I'm confident he's ready to win first up. On top for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

Thought the fields very good number wise than other years, only one I see that I've took on the foast was archie, very disappointing last start and not a great draw on Friday, only a rough show

14 minutes ago, Shad said:

Thought the fields very good number wise than other years, only one I see that I've took on the foast was archie, very disappointing last start and not a great draw on Friday, only a rough show

Good size fields Shad. Not the big numbers of yesteryear but full fields in comparison to Auckland.

I watched Archie race on the Coast as Murray Pash like other locals especially enjoys Nelson. His father in law was Noel Berkett and I'm fairly confident Archie races in his colours. Lady Eastburn etc enjoyed Nelson.

I didn't mention Cardwell Bay in my preview but she is a contender in that field for sure. Would prefer Archie to have a show of form before he get's any of mine. 

• Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Walt said:

Good size fields Shad. Not the big numbers of yesteryear but full fields in comparison to Auckland.

I watched Archie race on the Coast as Murray Pash like other locals especially enjoys Nelson. His father in law was Noel Berkett and I'm fairly confident Archie races in his colours. Lady Eastburn etc enjoyed Nelson.

I didn't mention Cardwell Bay in my preview but she is a contender in that field for sure. Would prefer Archie to have a show of form before he get's any of mine. 

Agree I don't think we'll see the fields of old any time soon, but Friday's do stack up well on what's been around, and if course the travel involved, archie a roughie for sure don't get to many big divs up there as a rule, remember some years back a local trotter, may face been trained by a fella called trotter, but could be well wrong, was the  first race at 60 plus odds, can't quite recall its name have to be 10 or so years back, never won another race, also one paid 40s in a trot at blenheim, Kyle Cameron was driving it the name will come to me eventually, ended up racing in the north, only recalled as I tipped it to a friend and the race was to early to get to tab for me, as was working

• Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 2:41 PM, Walt said:

Will do an early bird preview for Nelson three races at a time. There will be numerous factors to be considered that are unavailable at this time such as the money trail and stable form on the day. Nelson is a track where the same stables and faces tend to have big days. The Dunn stable for example dominated at this meeting last year.

The track is in superb order and the weather forecast for Friday is a scorcher. Rain forecast for the second day on Sunday but hopefully that won't arrive until Monday. If I see or hear anything helpful on the day will post it on this thread. 

If the first race on Friday is any guide, there will be some competitive and enjoyable racing with good prospects of making a few quid.

R1.....Scarlett's Legacy getting close to a win. Nice third @ Rangiora last start and she beat Don't Tell Jenny in her trial prior to that. Don't Tell Jenny won @ The Mot on Sunday. Gavin Smith often goes very well @ Nelson.

Wallflower ran a superb race against the very good Moment's Like This @ Ashburton and has run a decent enough trial since. Dalgety stable will have her ready.

Gatecrasher getting close. Won a trial and then a nice second @ The Mot.

Moose Morowski is from the family of Lord Moose and Diamond Moose who both won their share. Brings solid enough trial for into the race. 

Chica Bella has very nice trial form for this. White stable usually go well @ Nelson. 

Crackasky for Trevor Casey has solid trial form and Blair driving.

Reiver ran a very good third @ Methven three starts back and if luck goes his way can be in the finish at a price.

Hi Life ran a very nice second last start and is from the powerful Dunn stable. Bad draw but is a place chance at least. 

Will narrow things down on Thursday but at this stage, Scralett's Legacy, Wallflower and Gatecrasher look good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R2.....Orlando Express kept giving in his trial for second. From the Dalgety stable

Ready Set Jet has been going nice trials and Bob Butt has a very good at Nelson.

Popnrock ran a solid third in his last trial for the Tomlinson's giving them a good hand in the race.

Stablemate Harmonia won her last trial nicely and Sheree knows where the finish line @ Nelson is.

If Heartbreak Hotel trots all the way this race is his to lose. Really impressed with his trial form. Gavin Smith trained so potentially an early double. Based on what I've seen, only bad luck beats him. Gavin won with Almighty Fear @ The Mot on Sunday so the stable in strong form.

Race 3.....open race with numerous chances. 

Bromac Times ran a solid trial and Blair driving.

Take A Selfie got my attention running behind Bromac Times in the same trial. Same stable and same syndicate won with Don't Tell Jenny first up @ The Mot in late December. The money trail will tell a story worth taking notice of.

Gem N Em has been running solid trials. Will keep improving.

Racingmissgracie has been running good races for the Hope's and looks a solid place chance.

Kaysans Rock has got my attention for sure. Impressed with his trials and Blair driving. At this stage, my money is going on him. 

I'm Rockin has looked good in his trials. Has ability but not helped by the draw.

Got Ya Now has good trial form but again a difficult draw. 

Unless there is something I've missed, Kaysans Rock looks a very strong chance of winning this.

Will look at the next three after I've had a swim in the pool and enjoyed a couple of cold ones. It's hard living in Nelson :) 

Thank you for your thoughts opinions love this meeting love to go sometime in the future 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 7:48 PM, Walt said:

Last five races on Friday's card.

R7.......Franco Hoffman will be at good odds but is drawn well and in good form. The stable and driver in outstanding form. Place only for me.

Bryce's Meddle is a genuine winning chance from the draw.

Really like Ooga Chaka for ex Nelson boy Tim Trathen. Has a stack of ability and Bob Butt doing the driving. Bob will very likely have a big day. Tim enjoys winning @ Nelson and showed that by winning a double with Dadndave in 2019. Coincidently, this race was the first of Dadndave's double so perhaps Ooga Chaka will repeat the dose.

Beach Flybye will derive great benefit from his first run in 6 months and he will keep on improving.

Classic Linc looks a good place bet.

Watermelon Sugar is good enough to compete here so needs to be covered.

R8......Idle Stuartia looks a strong place bet from the draw.

Boys Invasion is only a place hope.

Same applies with Zsa Zoe

Sunny's Sister has just got better and better and has ten metres on his biggest danger, Almighty Fear. Should win.

Almighty Fear is in great nick. His fourth on NZ Cup Day said he was ready to put his hand up. He's won two since and has a chance here to beat Sunny's Sister. Looking forward to this race.

R9.......The Nelson Cup.

Fernetti is in great form but I wonder if too much too soon. We will see. 

Lone Wolf won well last time out so deserves to take his place. Having his first stand start could be a concern. 

Live on Legend was my pick for this race a month ago but his Westport run has dented my confidence. Is clearly good enough to win. 

When I saw Alta Meteor win the Christmas Cup @ The Mot, I said there's your Nelson Cup winner. I think he's a good thing.

Mighty Looee won a double here last year and then won a decent race @ Addington. If he rocks up, he's a big danger. 

Donmaro has won his only race @ Nelson but is only a place hope to my eye. 

R10....Country Gold will gain considerable benefit from his first up second for five months. John Dunn from the pole gets my attention.

Blue Rock Dancer has a strong Nelson connection. Had an excuse last time so I won't be leaving him out of my exotic bets. 

I wasn't surprised by the win of Topaz @ The Mot but was surprised at how easy she got the job done. Has to be considered.

Fourth Amendment is a contender I won't leave out of trifectas and trebles etc. Two placings from two previous runs here.

Ron McKinley made up good ground very late @ The Mot. I like the horse. A genuine upset chance. Leave out at your peril. Follow on the circuit. He'll be winning either here or over the hill at Waterlea. 

Bondi Lustre is a contender here. Plenty to like about his win four starts back in November. 

God Of Thunder was asked to do a lot in his first race for almost ten months. Not surprisingly he threw out the white flag. Will benefit from the run and will likely snare a win over the circuit. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R11.........hopefully the lucky last. 

Delightful Reality looks a good hope after her Auckland win.

Absolute Dynamite was strong in victory @ Rangiora. Great quinella chance here.

Rock Band was a very easy winner @ Auckland in June and is not here for the scenery. I'm confident he's ready to win first up. On top for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny's Sister has just got better and better and has ten metres on his biggest danger, Almighty Fear. Should win.nelson is a flat track isn't?she might not get around.i stuck solid with her and john Dunn delivered one of his best drives to win big race at odds with her.shes not foolproof by far yet.

5 hours ago, Forbury said:

Thank you for your thoughts opinions love this meeting love to go sometime in the future 

You're welcome. I'm happy to acknowledge I'm not the best punter around but have no issue finding winners. There are several tomorrow I'm confident will win

5 hours ago, Forbury said:

Sunny's Sister has just got better and better and has ten metres on his biggest danger, Almighty Fear. Should win.nelson is a flat track isn't?she might not get around.i stuck solid with her and john Dunn delivered one of his best drives to win big race at odds with her.shes not foolproof by far yet.

100%

John Dunn describes Nelson as one of his favourite tracks. A multiple NZ Cup winning driver who's a legend in the game describes Nelson as a great track that he rates very highly. 

There is little doubt that Sunnys Sister is easily the best horse in the field. "On paper" she could give her main rivals Almighty Fear and Idle Stuartia a good start and still beat them but as you know, they are not racing on paper.

I can see Blair from the pole using his draw so he is strong place chance.  If Gavin's stable perform earlier in the day with Scarlett's Legacy and Heartbreak Hotel, my confidence with Almighty Fear will increase.

Heartbreak Hotel has the game to win comfortably but he is a trotter and is having his first race day start. I'll say this, if he trots all the way, he wins easy. That probably sums up Sunnys Sister as well.

• Like 1

My picks for the first day of the Nelson trots tomorrow.

R1  # 1 ....SCARLETT'S LEGACY.

R2  # 8 .....HEARTBREAK HOTEL

R3   # 11 ...KAYSAN'S ROCK

R4   # 10....ROCKNROLL DIVA

R5   #  9 ...TWISTA

R6    # 13...RUAKAKA   (Good day for Bob)

R7    #  6 ...OOGA CHAKA

R8    #  9....ALMIGHTY FEAR  (Good day for Gavin)

R9     # 9 ...ALTA  METEOR

R10    # 9 ...RON MCKINLEY

R11     # 13..ROCK BAND

BEST ROUGHIE :  R10...FOURTH AMENDMENT

1 hour ago, Walt said:
My picks for the first day of the Nelson trots tomorrow.

R1  # 1 ....SCARLETT'S LEGACY.

R2  # 8 .....HEARTBREAK HOTEL

R3   # 11 ...KAYSAN'S ROCK

R4   # 10....ROCKNROLL DIVA

R5   #  9 ...TWISTA

R6    # 13...RUAKAKA   (Good day for Bob)

R7    #  6 ...OOGA CHAKA

R8    #  9....ALMIGHTY FEAR  (Good day for Gavin)

R9     # 9 ...ALTA  METEOR

R10    # 9 ...RON MCKINLEY

R11     # 13..ROCK BAND

BEST ROUGHIE :  R10...FOURTH AMENDMENT

Hi it was a very bad dead drive on Scarlett's legacy first up not suggesting anything undue.its run ended last 100 so should improve off a soft run!so you could be on the money early.its always good to start like that💥😍

8 hours ago, Forbury said:

Hi it was a very bad dead drive on Scarlett's legacy first up not suggesting anything undue.its run ended last 100 so should improve off a soft run!so you could be on the money early.its always good to start like that💥😍

That first race today has several good winning chances. I can see Scarlett's Legacy staying very handy from the draw. Lobbing the trail is probably her best option but the moment you hand up, you lose control. In a competitive field so there may be several lead changes so you could go from the trail to four back on the fence so it will be interesting. Perhaps Gavin will hold the top. A win is getting closer based on her last start third and her trial win in December when she beat subsequent first up winner "Don't Tell Jenny".....Just A Diva ran third to Don't Tell Jenny and then she won her next start so the form is very good.