Bit Of A Yarn

Robbie Paterson - The Maestro

Huey

Is enough being made of the incredible performance of this trainer?

4 runners at Kumara for 3 winners, 6 runners for 4 winners at Otaki.

Has anyone ever had such a hot run? and being done with average bred stock i.e. not CS Idols purchasing power.

2 hours ago, Huey said:

Is enough being made of the incredible performance of this trainer?

4 runners at Kumara for 3 winners, 6 runners for 4 winners at Otaki.

Has anyone ever had such a hot run? and being done with average bred stock i.e. not CS Idols purchasing power.

Patterson versus Sharrock should be good contest for rest of year.

10 hours ago, The Centaur said:

Patterson versus Sharrock should be good contest for rest of year.

Currently 11 ahead , unlikely to  be a contest. Looks very likely to break into the top 3 , a pity a decent trainer like this hasn't got any hope of winning the premiership for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Huey said:

Currently 11 ahead , unlikely to  be a contest. Looks very likely to break into the top 3 , a pity a decent trainer like this hasn't got any hope of winning the premiership for obvious reasons.

What are the obvious reasons?

I note Lance Noble is doing as well Stake's wise with a third of the horses.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

What are the obvious reasons?

With Lance Noble doing well it helps to have the leading jockey riding your horses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Surely he should be, he has the biggest owners, one of the best jockeys and some of the best bred horses in the country at his disposal, pretty bloody obvious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

Surely he should be, he has the biggest owners, one of the best jockeys and some of the best bred horses in the country at his disposal, pretty bloody obvious.

Only 18 horses in work though.  Well it's "pretty bloody obvious" why Robbie Patterson won't win the Premiership and make the top 3.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Only 18 horses in work though.  Well it's "pretty bloody obvious" why Robbie Patterson won't win the Premiership and make the top 3.

Those are the 18 that get through the system out of probably countless other well bred stock  who don't even make it to the races.

Surely you don't need it explained why he won't win the Premiership.

8 minutes ago, Huey said:

Surely you don't need it explained why he won't win the Premiership.

I'm waiting for you to give us at least one reason instead of inference or innuendo.  There is one very good reason why he has no chance.

Do you have one reason?

Ok I'll be honest!  I was trying to catch @Huey out.  I watched the Kumara races this week and enjoyed it thoroughly.  The interviewer wasn't great but the interviewees were fantastic.  A went to school with a couple of them.

Anyway Robbie Patterson was asked about Premierships and if I remember correctly he said, to paraphrase, he had no chance because he only trained and raced 6 months of the season.  He doesn't do Winter - very few horses do like wet tracks.