Bit Of A Yarn

Good Luck Today Reefton

Just now, Freda said:

Left hand down, keep kicking....as Mouse said to me at Greymouth 

He also said, don't worry about anyone inside, they'll get out of the way.

Not this lot, I said. ...!  In your day, maybe!

Great days and the odd one lost their compass on the first bend from the 1400m start, track played well they ticking along, good to see the 24 start maiden win up there,did look at it, probably the fact it was trained by a harness man, but that's nothing new today, very enjoyable day looks like all got through unscathed, bar the heat and sun burn, certainly a climate of extremes up there.

13 hours ago, Freda said:

Left hand down, keep kicking....as Mouse said to me at Greymouth 

As Doomed told us there would be an 'excellent' standard of 'horsemanship' on display on the Coast.

IMO they all showed a lot of guts and commitment the way they pushed so hard into those tight bends.

And at least 3 x Harness trainers there with their horses today ,with some success as well.

Pretty obvious that many ex-North Island horses featured as well.....over 50% of horses and several of the winners either started trialling in North or moved there for a better lifestyle and less expensive hay !

To me King Cougar , can now be termed an 'iron horse' , 101 starts ,11 wins ,great form of late.

• Champ Post 1