Bit Of A Yarn

Christchurch

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/26-february-3-march-2024/.

After reading this hearing I wondering if anything was done about the allegations of false readings by the national track curator, or is this the reason a whole new track staff is now in place with two no longer been employed. An election for the new Chairperson as David Emerson all ready resigned. What's happening down at Ch-Ch club?

18 minutes ago, Overit said:

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/26-february-3-march-2024/.

After reading this hearing I wondering if anything was done about the allegations of false readings by the national track curator, or is this the reason a whole new track staff is now in place with two no longer been employed. An election for the new Chairperson as David Emerson all ready resigned. What's happening down at Ch-Ch club?

How is the link related to what you have written?

This one may be more relevant but then...

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/christchurch-grc-1-february-2024-heard-26-february-2024-at-addington-raymond-casey/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Now can you explain the link between what you wrote in your first post and the link?  Or have you joined @Yankiwi 's and are using obfuscation, inference, innuendo and suppostion? 

Have not joined with anyone I was wondering if the allegation of National track curators was investigated or would be investigated as alot of changes down in CH-Ch.  I no longer race in the industry but still have concerns for honesty and welfare.  

1 hour ago, Overit said:

Have not joined with anyone I was wondering if the allegation of National track curators was investigated or would be investigated as alot of changes down in CH-Ch.  I no longer race in the industry but still have concerns for honesty and welfare.  

The allegations were investigated and covered at a public meeting at Addington December 2023.

The few staff changes at Addington and the pending appointment of a new Chair are totally unrelated to the investigations or allegations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Now can you explain the link between what you wrote in your first post and the link?  Or have you joined @Yankiwi 's and are using obfuscation, inference, innuendo and suppostion? 

Seems I've been invited to a new thread.

Speaking of Jake, whoever the moderator "Sheriff" was on the red forum let an outrageous conversation about "young jake" titled "What a pussy" go on for 3 months. He must have been of the lenient sort.

That conversation happened 2 or 3 years before I first became involved in greyhound racing.

2 hours ago, Overit said:

I was wondering if the allegation of National track curators was investigated or would be investigated as alot of changes down in CH-Ch.

A valid question Overit.

History generally shows that when a GRNZ employee or any other from those in power have some form of a disagreement with an LP. The LP is held to account & the investigation ends there.

Since I'm no longer an LP, GRNZ can't charge me with anything under the rules, so changing the written history of a welfare committee meeting will likely have a blind eye placed upon it & wait for it to be forgotten, like 6 tracks worth of safety rails.

It's just the way the industry works. Integrity is only upheld when it supports those in power.

12 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Seems I've been invited to a new thread.

Speaking of Jake, whoever the moderator "Sheriff" was on the red forum let an outrageous conversation about "young jake" titled "What a pussy" go on for 3 months. He must have been of the lenient sort.

That conversation happened 2 or 3 years before I first became involved in greyhound racing.

A valid question Overit.

History generally shows that when a GRNZ employee or any other from those in power have some form of a disagreement with an LP. The LP is held to account & the investigation ends there.

Since I'm no longer an LP, GRNZ can't charge me with anything under the rules, so changing the written history of a welfare committee meeting will likely have a blind eye placed upon it & wait for it to be forgotten, like 6 tracks worth of safety rails.

It's just the way the industry works. Integrity is only upheld when it supports those in power.

What the hell does this post have to do with the Topic?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

What the hell does this post have to do with the Topic?

Well, the thread I mentioned is about the same Jake named in the RIB decision you had posted.

When someone is on one end of the hierocracy they can be viewed by the powers as the bad guy. Fast forward a few years and now employed by GRNZ, suddenly they are not worth a second look for any blame.

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Or have you joined @Yankiwi 's and are using obfuscation, inference, innuendo and suppostion?

Overit asked a legitimate question on this forum and was questioned about his/her motives within an hour by its leading authority.

I happen to believe that the red Sherrif & @Chief Stipe could very well be the same person after changing internet racing forums.

Sherrif on the red site let abusive chatter happen for three months, even after multiple members asked for intervention from Sherrif.

Overit got an hour before being compared to myself.

Edited by Yankiwi

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

So, there isn't any minutes to the public meeting made public.

This is the point @Chief Stipe would be demanding proof from me if the shoe were on the other foot.

Prove your statement Chief.

Give Kingston a call or one of the many trainers at the meeting.  Or do they not talk to you either?

25 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Give Kingston a call or one of the many trainers at the meeting.  Or do they not talk to you either?

I have left a messege for my old trainer down there hope they can help with what was discussed at the meeting.

• Like 1

17 Oct 2023 Animal Health and Welfare Committee minutes.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Animal Health Welfare Committee minutes/2023 10 17 AHWC Minutes - Draft (1).pdf

image.png.11524b7a65fe953b1504ae2e025a623c.png

Injury data correlation - Addington track only - 17 Oct 2023 to 31 Dec 2023.

image.png.777b7237025d8deaffe4e9f77acd18b8.png

The raw data which provides the above correlation.

image.png.92dfaf17a3f21a78453c07359700c6af.png

Summary

Addington returned 50% higher rate than expected (KPI is 6 in 1000) for major injuries during the specific time period the AHWC had specified. 

GRNZ did not suspend racing at Addington during that time period (or in the following 2.5 months after that period), so therefore (9 in 1000) is an acceptable level of serious injuries occurring.

Either GRNZ is not serious about improving track safety or the AHWC has been put in place to simply tick a box for reporting to the Govt.

Either way, it's not a good look & it only helps to prove that welfare doesn't underpin everything they do.

• Like 1

17 Oct 2023, the above AHWC was held & their determinations were made.

What were the injury rates at Addington in the month prior to transferring race day operations to Ascot from 25 Sept to 17 Oct?

What were the injury rates at Addington after returning to racing in the month following that transfer to Ascot?

image.png.ad778f0d4e9311072a767c503ea4a7ac.png

In the month prior to the transfer for the remedial work to take place, the major injury rate was 7 per 1000 starts.

In the month after the return to racing, the major injury rate was 12 per 1000 starts.

image.png.e51f85960a1055a87b190f3d2bbd7fa1.png

The remedial work made the track nearly twice as likely for a greyhound to sustain a major injury.  Apparently, that was acceptable to GRNZ as they didn't suspend racing at Addington.

When it's convenient, welfare underpins everything we do.

• 1 month later...

Seems so.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/15881/stewards-report.aspx

1). This meeting was abandoned after Race 10 due to the deterioration of track conditions on the bend leaving the home straight.

Two major injuries, occurring in back-to-back races last night, although on totally different portions of the track.

Three majors in the last 21 races, going back to Tuesday.

I hope they get it sorted quickly, as the track had been running well within the GRNZ target percentage for well over a month prior.

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Seems so.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/15881/stewards-report.aspx

1). This meeting was abandoned after Race 10 due to the deterioration of track conditions on the bend leaving the home straight.

Two major injuries, occurring in back-to-back races last night, although on totally different portions of the track.

Three majors in the last 21 races, going back to Tuesday.

I hope they get it sorted quickly, as the track had been running well within the GRNZ target percentage for well over a month prior.

It’s 3x major 2 injuries in the last two days at Addington (plus a major 1 - torn right deltoid on Monday)

Given Thursday’s fractured hock was completely missed and the hound not even vet checked on race day, how many other injuries are missed? 🤔

IMG_3032.jpeg

Edited by Seeyounexttuesdaytrainers