Bit Of A Yarn

Lazarus to stand at stud

Happy Sunrise

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

All over red rover. A great horse. A messy ending. Still a great horse.

image.png.c0232f09ff0929c2d48be0f8b483cd09.png

Bizzare, if I had the pleasure to own something like him I would have kept him here, won this year's nz cup and idoms,  put him to stud here, looked after the fella ..when you talk about that sort of money you are just being greedy in my opinion.... wouldn't you love to see  him in your paddock when you woke up every day!!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Bizzare, if I had the pleasure to own something like him I would have kept him here, won this year's nz cup and idoms,  put him to stud here, looked after the fella ..when you talk about that sort of money you are just being greedy in my opinion.... wouldn't you love to see  him in your paddock when you woke up every day!!

I doubt I will ever be in the position of owning a horse like Laz. If I did, I wouldn't know what I would do being offered so much money for him. What a hard decision when you actually have to make it.  

I remember at the time supporting Lazarus' owners in their decision after what I read they said...they cared a lot. The decision, like the opinions on here, are very emotive. Who is to say which one is wrong at this stage. 

Now, Christen Me...that is a whole different ball game.

Laz is probably worth about a quarter what he was purchased for. Wouldnt be surprised if he is up for sale, probably end up here. Our stallions that have raced here, have been very average breeders, exception christ cullen and a couple of others, but really we have seen some utter flops

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I doubt I will ever be in the position of owning a horse like Laz. If I did, I wouldn't know what I would do being offered so much money for him. What a hard decision when you actually have to make it.  

I remember at the time supporting Lazarus' owners in their decision after what I read they said...they cared a lot. The decision, like the opinions on here, are very emotive. Who is to say which one is wrong at this stage. 

Now, Christen Me...that is a whole different ball game.

If you actually cared, you wouldn't sell, you would have more Money than you actually need with that sort of coin on offer... anyway...you wouldn't sell your pet dog or cat.. that's the way I look at it, I have had a share in some hopeless horses in my time, but all have been looked after.  Christen me a very good example of people not doing the right thing and just being greedy.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Lazarus will sure more winners here than in the U.S.

I believe he will be sent back here in the next couple of years!

Yeeeeeenaaaaaagooooooooobooooooy etc.

Owners Rights to sell him but personally thought that they would’ve made far more by 

standing him at stud here!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2