Bit Of A Yarn

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

pete

Purposely released on MC day to have the most impact.  These journos are not racing people, but they are far from stupid.

Anyway, self inflicted, Racing has a history of not dealing with it's issues, except of course picking the low hanging fruit, like the sledgehammer/nut situation with Kevin Morton and the guy that raced 90

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Incredible, whats the motivation to rehash this on MC day, its all about discrediting the industry.

No good day for this issue to be in the public arena , the actions are what are discrediting the industry , the article is asking why police did not proceed and why racing took such a softly softly approach . Very little publicity when these incidents first arose , all kept very quiet and a lot in the industry were surprised when the final penalty was handed down . His actions were well known and this particular incident was doing the rounds within a couple of days , as was the incident regarding the other named trainer . An age old problem and the way it was handled was weak on our part . 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

This part says it all. Minimising the assault as well as his part in it. 

"Breslin said he had owned the Christchurch incident immediately. 

"It was thoroughly investigated by the police, police decided it was not charge-worthy. I went through an investigation process with the racing industry for a long period of time, and the outcome was a severe penalty. I believe that process is done and dealt with," he said.

During the incident, he'd been suffering from undiagnosed depression and had been self-medicating with alcohol, he said. He had since stopped drinking and undergone a year's worth of counselling. "I've acknowledged it, and I've acknowledged my weaknesses and flaws as a person because I did that. 

"I know it's not right [what happened] and I'm not proud of it, but I didn't force myself on her or anything like that, I've never done that to any woman.

"I put up my hand and said what I did at the very start. I said I had my hand on a girl's leg, on her bottom. There's very clear CCTV footage of it. It was a dumbarse thing, the lights were on, it wasn't in a dark corner. I've told myself a million times 'Why did you do it?' I didn't even know the girl," Breslin said. He had apologised to her and offered to meet, but she had declined."

3 minutes ago, FeelTheFear said:

This part says it all. Minimising the assault as well as his part in it. 

"Breslin said he had owned the Christchurch incident immediately. 

"It was thoroughly investigated by the police, police decided it was not charge-worthy. I went through an investigation process with the racing industry for a long period of time, and the outcome was a severe penalty. I believe that process is done and dealt with," he said.

During the incident, he'd been suffering from undiagnosed depression and had been self-medicating with alcohol, he said. He had since stopped drinking and undergone a year's worth of counselling. "I've acknowledged it, and I've acknowledged my weaknesses and flaws as a person because I did that. 

"I know it's not right [what happened] and I'm not proud of it, but I didn't force myself on her or anything like that, I've never done that to any woman.

"I put up my hand and said what I did at the very start. I said I had my hand on a girl's leg, on her bottom. There's very clear CCTV footage of it. It was a dumbarse thing, the lights were on, it wasn't in a dark corner. I've told myself a million times 'Why did you do it?' I didn't even know the girl," Breslin said. He had apologised to her and offered to meet, but she had declined."

He's not sorry at all is he, just sorry he got caught

• Like 3

The power issues involved with employers and their young female jockeys has been going on forever. A friend of mine, when I was in my late teens had a sister who was an apprentice in a high profile stable. The trainer was sleeping with her. She was a teenager, he would have been at least 20 years older. 

21 hours ago, FeelTheFear said:

The power issues involved with employers and their young female jockeys has been going on forever. A friend of mine, when I was in my late teens had a sister who was an apprentice in a high profile stable. The trainer was sleeping with her. She was a teenager, he would have been at least 20 years older. 

Te Akau ?

• Haha 1

Whatever truth there is in this is a complete and total atrocity. The way it seems to have been handled makes me want to walk away from the industry entirely. Outrageous. Apparently admitted and alcohol is an excuse?  Shocking and good on them for raising it on Melbourne Cup day when there might be a bit of an audience.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, curious said:

Whatever truth there is in this is a complete and total atrocity. The way it seems to have been handled makes me want to walk away from the industry entirely. Outrageous. Apparently admitted and alcohol is an excuse?  Shocking and good on them for raising it on Melbourne Cup day when there might be a bit of an audience.

The question is why hasn't some bloke slugged this clown, there would have been some tanked burley fellas at The Racecourse Hotel and no one gave him what he deserves?.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, barryb said:

The question is why hasn't some bloke slugged this clown, there would have been some tanked burley fellas at The Racecourse Hotel and no one gave him what he deserves?.

Going by the paper it was very late at night and all the regulars would have been probaly been  gone by then.  Believe me if they were there and seen what was going on   ,he would definately have got his  come uppance and what he deserved.

Guest CrossCodes

Maybe all the female jockeys should just refuse to ride for him, in fact all the jockeys in general.

Cant race a horse with no rider.

Danielle Hirini seems to ride a lot for him.

Oh cmon...What over 50 old fart hasn't thought they were relly relly attractive to 18 pluses??

....Let he who cast da first stone after getting stoned or pissed be the first to cast...

...and then it helps to be mates with a Senior Sargent...so join the Po Lise social club as well maybe

• Like 2