Bit Of A Yarn

When will these AWT's take off? Awapuni trials cancelled... 23-04-2024

Which makes me wonder, if, with a bit more flexibility in programming [ i.e. having some idea what grades/distances are wanted at any given time] most of those horses trialling might have chosen to go around at the races.   Cheaper, for starters.

The 2yo's on the other hand need encouragement, as their opportunities are very limited. But their trial gets deleted.

• Like 1

The other thing that it raises is the possibility of running 2 or 3 trial heats on race days like this before the meeting but do so on a regular basis. That might mitigate the dearth of grass trials and thereby reduce owner costs. Because full sets of gates are available larger heats can also be run where required.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, curious said:

The other thing that it raises is the possibility of running 2 or 3 trial heats on race days like this before the meeting but do so on a regular basis. That might mitigate the dearth of grass trials and thereby reduce owner costs. Because full sets of gates are available larger heats can also be run where required.

The trials tomorrow are on the AWT.

11 hours ago, curious said:

Far, far, far too sensible.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, curious said:

I'll see what sort of response that gets from the T.A.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freda said:

I'll see what sort of response that gets from the T.A.

Thanks. I'm a member if you need another vote :) I won't hold my breath though. It does seem a low cost solution  given stipes, gates, cameras, commentator etc. are already there. Down here in Canterbury, assuming regular jumpouts get underway now at Rangiora, the combination would be a reasonable outcome.

• Like 2