Bit Of A Yarn

Entain Upgrade Tonight. What innovations will we see?

Well I was forced to upgrade the mobile app today.

Does anyone else have an issue with the viewport? That is the screen moves left and you end up with white bar on the right.  You can't refresh the screen to get rid of it.

I hope the changes include fixing the Trackside graphics so they at least scroll through to include very horse.  If you wanted to back Mach Shard at the Trots on Friday you wouldn't have known it was at over $150-1.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Looks like no one is expecting anything,.

Well given my personal experience yesterday I'm not hopeful.  Interesting reaction from a couple of friends who said "oh well they must have done a live smoke test"!  Unbelievable that any company can do that.  I said to one person - would you put customers on a new train and track without fully testing?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the viewport? That is the screen moves left and you end up with white bar on the right.  You can't refresh the screen to get rid of it.

I hope the changes include fixing the Trackside graphics so they at least scroll through to include very horse.  If you wanted to back Mach Shard at the Trots on Friday you wouldn't have known it was at over $150-1.

Afraid that we may see another debacle like the so called new graphics. As well as having not having full odds it is impossible to follow what's going on across the two channels and the displaying of results is poor.  If the result is not clear just after the race (ie there is a photo involved) then you don't (in most cases) ever get something on the screen displaying the result (whether confirmed or not) and have no idea whether the result "has been paid".  Hard to watch.

21 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Gee, 

For somebody who runs this site, you lack in basic knowledge. 
Site was being updated overnight and into today, still going 

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Gee, 

For somebody who runs this site, you lack in basic knowledge. 
Site was being updated overnight and into today, still going 

Did you read my post and the time I posted it?  I posted it well before the upgrade start time.  So WHAT BASIC KNOWLEDGE DO I LACK?  

Oh and by the way if you had read the notices as you infer you have you'd know that the upgrade is so far running 30 minutes late.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Did you read my post and the time I posted it?  I posted it well before the upgrade start time.  So WHAT BASIC KNOWLEDGE DO I LACK?  

Oh and by the way if you had read the notices as you infer you have you'd know that the upgrade is so far running 30 minutes late.

Woah, chill bro. 

it’s only 30 mins late…. Let’s not get too upset until we see it. I think it will be good

• Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

Yes goes with my belief that in the various govt and private organisations I have worked in a computer upgrade is never ever completed on time. But I also do not believe that the upgrade will be good or the changes exciting!

35 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Woah, chill bro. 

it’s only 30 mins late…. Let’s not get too upset until we see it. I think it will be good

Over an hour late now...

Mind not as bad yet as Melbourne Cup Day...at least no NZ racing on.

27 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Yes goes with my belief that in the various govt and private organisations I have worked in a computer upgrade is never ever completed on time.

Every IT project I was involved in was completed on time and with no disruption to customers.  The latter being the primary goal.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Over an hour late now...

Mind not as bad yet as Melbourne Cup Day...at least no NZ racing on.

The 'Bool starts in a few minutes. I'd have thought they'd be up and running but clearly not.

3 minutes ago, Pete Lane said:

Yeah they've now been offline for something like 15.5 hours. 

Bonus bets in all the accounts do you think?

Cardinal rule in an IT project - never, ever, ever go live if you can't guarantee customer service.  Hence test test test.  I'm guessing they are pressing on instead of rolling back.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

No coverage for the first race. That's unacceptable, and very rare.

What's going on with Trackside? Amateur hour.

I'm doing really well!  Picked all the winners at Morphetville so far...oops they're replays!