NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

New TAB web site - much the same as OZ!

Brodie

Just been manoeuvring my way around the brand new TAB web site!

Much the same as the Ozzie ones.

There are some good features that are an improvement so lets hope it improves things for their customer base of punters?

No doubt they are trying to get more wagering on and they will be no doubt dropping the punter restrictions which have been applied to certain punters.

Once they have done this shortly, I can guarantee that the TAB turnover will increase significantly, and that is what they are wanting.

What is a major negative though is that they have removed the race commentary for each of the horses last starts and just has stuff that is not that useful.

They did this last year with the ozzie harness and I am  sure this has resulted in less punting on Ozzie harness.

Anyway onwards and upwards with Entain

Edited by Brodie

Last start form.

At the latest run 4th of 12 at Ellerslie on April 10 over 2100m, 2 len behind The Storyteller carrying 56kg at $16. The race before that 6th of 9 at New Plymouth Raceway on March 22 over 1600m, on a slow track; 10 len behind Xrated carrying 54kg at $20.10. Good run at last start. Can pay a first dividend today.

42 minutes ago, Kane21 said:

Last start form.

At the latest run 4th of 12 at Ellerslie on April 10 over 2100m, 2 len behind The Storyteller carrying 56kg at $16. The race before that 6th of 9 at New Plymouth Raceway on March 22 over 1600m, on a slow track; 10 len behind Xrated carrying 54kg at $20.10. Good run at last start. Can pay a first dividend today.

So what it doesnt tell me much at all Kane!

i can work that out myself!

It is 11am and you can not put a fixed odds bet on for Addington tonight at a seller or self service!!!!!!

This has not started off very well at all!

Hopeless, but they will not care.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

So what it doesnt tell me much at all Kane!

i can work that out myself!

It is 11am and you can not put a fixed odds bet on for Addington tonight at a seller or self service!!!!!!

This has not started off very well at all!

Hopeless, but they will not care.

How do you get on at the pub if you want to back rugby or nrl live, odds change by the second, suspensions etc etc, they wouldn't even take bets would they ?

Poor Brodie.

Wants to use the self-service early so they don't know who he is and he can do bets to win $999 and avoid the big brother, five eyes illuminati North Korea rules around identification.

Unlucky my bro.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spatchcock said:

Poor Brodie.

Wants to use the self-service early so they don't know who he is and he can do bets to win $999 and avoid the big brother, five eyes illuminati North Korea rules around identification.

Unlucky my bro.

No so poor Spatchcock!

you of all people should know that what they are going to do to harness racing in NZ is not to the betterment?

All I ask is for fairness and punters to be treated equally, and totally within Brodie’s rights to campaign for non victimisation of all restricted punters!

Play fair and treat all equally and Brodie will congratulate them!

Spatchcock, Do you genuinely believe that certain punters should be given more opportunity than others?

When considering a wager I always factor in the value of the race. It's a valuable indicator when it comes to races being targeted by connections. 

I can't find the stake of races I've looked at. It may be there somewhere but I can't see it in the usual place you'd expect to see it. Next to the name of the race.  

I simply won't wager if I don't know the value of the race. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Walt said:

When considering a wager I always factor in the value of the race. It's a valuable indicator when it comes to races being targeted by connections. 

I can't find the stake of races I've looked at. It may be there somewhere but I can't see it in the usual place you'd expect to see it. Next to the name of the race.  

I simply won't wager if I don't know the value of the race. 

There are several things that are missing Walt!

Appears they have done away with bring able to watch the race on the web site as well?

Info coming from oz, they are saying that Motukarara is an allweather track, and Ascot Park is turf Lol

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There are several things that are missing Walt!

Appears they have done away with bring able to watch the race on the web site as well?

Info coming from oz, they are saying that Motukarara is an allweather track, and Ascot Park is turf Lol

There are some positives in there Brodie but they've clearly dropped the ball in several important areas.

I did watch a couple of races on the site today. They have a Trackside icon on them to click to view but there are numerous races that are not televised .

Fingers crossed they accept customer feedback and rectify the important aspects they've failed to prioritize. To be fair they should have sought some customer feedback prior to pressing the go button on the new set-up. 

It's a good site but could easily have been much better.

Will be interesting to see how the platform handles pressure. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

There are some positives in there Brodie but they've clearly dropped the ball in several important areas.

I did watch a couple of races on the site today. They have a Trackside icon on them to click to view but there are numerous races that are not televised .

Fingers crossed they accept customer feedback and rectify the important aspects they've failed to prioritize. To be fair they should have sought some customer feedback prior to pressing the go button on the new set-up. 

It's a good site but could easily have been much better.

Will be interesting to see how the platform handles pressure. 

Will be interesting as it is the same format as they use in Oz

The Ozzies bet on anything and probably dont care about having info that we like 👍 

Wouldnt think they would be changing much as they are going to be doing it all from Ozzie!

Not sure I would be relying on too much of their commentary 

Has Whale Watch gooone??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Will be interesting as it is the same format as they use in Oz

The Ozzies bet on anything and probably dont care about having info that we like 👍 

Wouldnt think they would be changing much as they are going to be doing it all from Ozzie!

Not sure I would be relying on too much of their commentary 

Has Whale Watch gooone??

I hope so mate. He's well past his use by date. Mute button gets worked over when he appears. 

A mate I spoke to earlier said he was charged a small fee to make a deposit today. Unsure if that only applied to him or is the new normal. He turns over 100k per year via the NZ TAB so was a bit miffed on principal to be charged to make a deposit. 

45 minutes ago, Walt said:

I hope so mate. He's well past his use by date. Mute button gets worked over when he appears. 

A mate I spoke to earlier said he was charged a small fee to make a deposit today. Unsure if that only applied to him or is the new normal. He turns over 100k per year via the NZ TAB so was a bit miffed on principal to be charged to make a deposit. 

I deposited finally today, I didn’t get extra charge. Although as I added card again they placed a charge on my account, and I had to verify amount, which they refunded. 

Had a couple small bets mainly for a look, seems will pays have gone, and one thing really annoys me. 
Shows horse, dog, harness options that you can click on, sadly it reverts back to all codes??? Sportsbet let’s you select and it stays that way until you change it

• Like 2

Did we all know that the harness horses race at Cambridge on a SYNTHETIC TRACK?
I certainly wasnt aware of that, have always been under the misapprehension that it was an all weather track!

Great to see the Ozzies have been doing their homework before launching!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Did we all know that the harness horses race at Cambridge on a SYNTHETIC TRACK?
I certainly wasnt aware of that, have always been under the misapprehension that it was an all weather track!

Great to see the Ozzies have been doing their homework before launching!!

hopefully thats just a teething issue. I suppose they are not differentiating between the gallops and harness tracks yet. Probably someone has just not got the inputting right or needs to create another category or something. Hopefully doesn't take them long to sort out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Darkside is discussing the fact and some are are not happy that the maximum payout for  Final Field single bets/multis has possibly been reduced to 250k lol

What about certain  punters who have a maximum payout of as little as $20 on some bets and pathetically low maximums on others????????

And you wonder why BRODIE continues to question the LEGALITY AND MORALITY of the TAB/Entains unfair actions that continue to limit some punters to pathetic amounts and yet others can win $1m or $250k???

Until such time as the TAB treat punters equally,  I will continue to call them out for their bad behaviour!

Edited by Brodie

Not sure where the Ozzies are getting the information that they put on the TAB new site???

The accuracy is very poor!

They clearly arent checking the info that they have up as there are heaps of mistakes and you can not rely on it, so they need to look into this big time.

HRNZ web site is a far more reliable site.

33 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The accuracy is very poor!

Not only poor but it complete shit. They should be ashamed of the data they put up on there. I complained but it is like water off a ducks back to them and they don't care.

shit data.JPG