Bit Of A Yarn

Riccarton Cup Day???

Newmarket

Not going - and many regulars I know have all flagged it - we simply not getting any info as to what will be available so we are out - members will be packed, food bloody average and no facilities - $40 not for me. A club on the downhill for me

We doing a Club syndicate at the WMC - good surrounds, Ok food and TAB in house

Edited by Turny
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

So, the main grandstand is not being used for the carnival? WTF, why were people not told before buying tickets? The weather long term looks dodgy for Sat, where will everyone go? What have they sorted out?? Piss poor

7498CF70-05E2-4069-8605-4BC7E5449159.jpeg

When Greg interviewed Tim after the called off meeting they discussed the grandstand being off limits, but Tim didnt seem keen to talk about it or even happy about it. I think his wording was " I feel like I just got a Joseph Parker uppercut with these questions"

So bad form on CJC's part  if they did not fully disclose what stands are available

15 hours ago, Turny said:

Not going - and many regulars I know have all flagged it - we simply not getting any info as to what will be available so we are out - members will be packed, food bloody average and no facilities - $40 not for me. A club on the downhill for me

We doing a Club syndicate at the WMC - good surrounds, Ok food and TAB in house

Save you 40$ admission fee for starters.

It's a damn shame how common sense has left the buildings...

Just stick a notice up outside each entry point

"in the highly f in unlikely event that the earth will move for you...take it as read that you'll be squashed beyond recogntion...enter at your own risk and enjoy"

Billions saved

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TIME FOR CHANGE said:

Spoke to some people tonight who pre purchased Tickets and had no knowledge of Grandstand closed.

Loved watching from top of Public Grandstand.

Will be ringing Club in the morning asking what is being done for patrons re  protection from weather.

If they can't get an answer maybe looking for a refund,

Let us know reply, be interesting. 

I think the CJC are in for a shock in the coming years. I reckon the popular cup saturday will fade away, and become what it used to be like, here is why. 

Firstly, the stand debacle, public not told. 

Secondly, they have become bloody greedy. Charging heaps for a boot party to see second rate nags. A few i know are not prepared to fork out $105, yes $105 for entrance and to drink expensive and limited selection grog, eat basic crappy food, in a room that is on par with a working mans club. 

• Champ Post 1

I asked the 2 I.C this morning what had been done to inform would-be patrons about the facilities,  he was adamant that plenty of info. was ' out there'....FB and Twitter? I asked,  yep,  and there have been mentions in racebooks [ helpful if one hasn't attended recently ]...what about free or reduced charges?  haha, nope,  was the response,  have those who pre-purchased been given a discount or some other sweetener?  ...shrug.. most of the public will be outside anyway,  always have been,  won't be worried.....so I left that topic and started another one.

3 hours ago, Freda said:

I asked the 2 I.C this morning what had been done to inform would-be patrons about the facilities,  he was adamant that plenty of info. was ' out there'....FB and Twitter? I asked,  yep,  and there have been mentions in racebooks [ helpful if one hasn't attended recently ]...what about free or reduced charges?  haha, nope,  was the response,  have those who pre-purchased been given a discount or some other sweetener?  ...shrug.. most of the public will be outside anyway,  always have been,  won't be worried.....so I left that topic and started another one.

So, how come if you purchase a ticket on line right now for Sat races, there is no info about the stand. I have never seen anything on FB. Thanks for asking Freda, but i think you have been fed bullshit. Lets see what response we get from punters afta sat. I am going tomorrow, but not sat

Had a friend who over heard a couple going off about the facilities available today. 

Wanted refunds for tickets purchased for Sat and they were not alone.

Tim you have let down the public by not being proactive re Grandstand and viewing area’s

Your mates will be happy in the Members Stand.

Enjoy Saturday as many won’t.

With luck this will be your last Cup day as CEO

• Like 2

So Timmy gets on NewstalkZB this morning and reminds people that the Public Grandstand will not be in use.

Sadly Timmy the handful who listen at that time on that station, are about your age and can't get a pass from the retirement village to get to the races today.

The day will be interesting. Would not want to be the staff in the Office today !!!! 

Where will Tim be hiding ?

• Like 1