Bit Of A Yarn

Prizemoney Increase + Media Person for Slot race

What is the point in the prizemoney increases, the industry is in a state of shambles and still they think throwing $$ at the top end races will fix it.

A media person (albeit hired by NZB) for a slot race must be one of the most stupid things I've seen in NZ racing in years, to top it off hardly a racing person .

2 hours ago, Tiger Tiger said:

im very happy to see the prizemoney increases - it all filters down - great stuff 

How , really interested to hear how that works?

3 hours ago, Huey said:

What is the point in the prizemoney increases,

One reason, perhaps, to appease certain players "who put a Lot into the game" :)   I recon, for those player$ its all about winning a G1,  guarantee to get your named mentioned when you pass! Especially if its a big G1...  And most of those sorts of wins are Brought! :)

Mainly thought its a propaganda  exercise for the production side of the Industry!  it Will generate a lot of 'column inches', be spooked via various media interests,  a few contra dealings done.  

Speaking with various owners I know, say over the last few years!  Especially so after the M report, most continue to be running down there breeding and then racing stock.  I presume the bred numbers are continue to decrease? 

What I DO actually look forward to is the actual race day, hopefully  delivered on a World Class Track. Actually re the track, just on a track that is Safe! not overwatered! Where the can win from anywhere!  Would that be too much to ask for? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murray Fish said:

One reason, perhaps, to appease certain players "who put a Lot into the game" :)   I recon, for those player$ its all about winning a G1,  guarantee to get your named mentioned when you pass! Especially if its a big G1...  And most of those sorts of wins are Brought! :)

Totally understand that side of things, just is the case with the slot race. . I just see little benefit for the wider industry, looking forward to hearing from Tiger how this all helps though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiger Tiger said:

im very happy to see the prizemoney increases - it all filters down - great stuff 

I'm not sure whether that is intended as sarcasm or not. If it is, it is quite well disguised and gone slightly over my head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doomed said:

I'm not sure whether that is intended as sarcasm or not. If it is, it is quite well disguised and gone slightly over my head.

I'm sure we will find out.