NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Punter of the Year

I and 3 other ratbags from Clarks Beach are heading down to New Plymouth for this event.

We are going down on Thursday to check the track, well that's what the wives have been told and as we are leaving at 6 am, so they will not see that the golf clubs have been allocated a spot in the boot.We are stopping somewhere,I have been told what the course is but I am too excited to remember.

We will also be in the tournament that the club has organized, so if any members of BOATY are also going to play, you are welcome to place a wager, either against me or the team of hackers that are only cardboard cutouts of golfers.

One of our team believes he is a top tipster, but trust me he is not, so much so we have put 2 entries in,1 for him and I for the other 3 and I wonder what he will do after race 2 when he is out of funds.

If any other punters are going,we would like to catch up a cup of tea,please advise Thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, muzenza365 said:

I and 3 other ratbags from Clarks Beach are heading down to New Plymouth for this event.

We are going down on Thursday to check the track, well that's what the wives have been told and as we are leaving at 6 am, so they will not see that the golf clubs have been allocated a spot in the boot.We are stopping somewhere,I have been told what the course is but I am too excited to remember.

We will also be in the tournament that the club has organized, so if any members of BOATY are also going to play, you are welcome to place a wager, either against me or the team of hackers that are only cardboard cutouts of golfers.

One of our team believes he is a top tipster, but trust me he is not, so much so we have put 2 entries in,1 for him and I for the other 3 and I wonder what he will do after race 2 when he is out of funds.

If any other punters are going,we would like to catch up a cup of tea,please advise Thanks

Tea?

@muzenza365 I suggest you do a ring around and arrange to hole up at a pub somewhere between Cooks Beach and New Plymouth.  There are a few on the road from up north heading down or already at NP so if you put a banner on your car you might be able to arrange an impromptu punting comp.  

Thinking about it if I was the NP Committee I would have got on the phones real quick and organised the punting comp to go ahead - just change the meeting to one of the 13 or so OZ meetings.

Would save refreezing the sausage rolls.

• Like 2

We were disappointed,but will add the club more so.

We had a good night at the meet and greet.One punter wanted to know what Rough Habit is or was,he was heckled and was given a yellow card, and rightfully so,all done with humor.

We were also keen to do the comp on Aussie Racing, but that didn't happen.

We played 3 games of Golf and never had to wear a jacket as there was zero rain and the Clubs allowed Golf Carts on the course because they didn't have enough rain to damage the turf.

I never have had faith or trust in J Oatham as Chief Stipe, I just believe he does what he thinks is correct and so many times he is incorrect in his decisions/rulings.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

30 minutes ago, muzenza365 said:

I never have had faith or trust in J Oatham as Chief Stipe, I just believe he does what he thinks is correct and so many times he is incorrect in his decisions/rulings.

where is he based now? thought he had moved to chch?

34 minutes ago, muzenza365 said:

Yes he is based in Canterbury but travels up north

Reminiscent of the famous Muldoon quote.

Improves the average IQ of both Islands when he travels north.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1