NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Betcha

28 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

It is possible you (and I) don't fit their demographic but time will tell.

Of course if they exclude you on age alone you will have a great breach of human rights case.

What is Betcha?

50 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Not heard of Betcha either, somebody on other site reckons they know? IMG_9307.thumb.jpeg.0c28039def8b82400688b246c427033b.jpeg

BETCHA that they will not be doing the restricted punters any favours!

Going to be interesting to see what it actually is!

I can advise them how to increase the TAB turnover though!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Brodie said:

BETCHA that they will not be doing the restricted punters any favours!

Going to be interesting to see what it actually is!

I can advise them how to increase the TAB turnover though!

But have you spoken to their bosses directly yet as advised !

They keen to engage.

Or will you be like Chief and in 30 years time post  "I have been pushing for changes for decades now  and nothing happens" ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

But have you spoken to their bosses directly yet as advised !

They keen to engage.

Or will you be like Chief and in 30 years time post  "I have been pushing for changes for decades now  and nothing happens" ?

so, you reckon I ring the TAB and ask them  to drop my restrictions?😂

Yeah that will work, they kept reducing limit until not worth betting online.

And yes many years ago it was put to them and computer say NO!

All I have ever asked is fairness and equality but that doesnt seem to be something that the TAB want to entertain! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

so, you reckon I ring the TAB and ask them  to drop my restrictions?😂

Yeah that will work, they kept reducing limit until not worth betting online.

And yes many years ago it was put to them and computer say NO!

All I have ever asked is fairness and equality but that doesnt seem to be something that the TAB want to entertain! 

But you explained the issue very well after saying it not about the money but about the chase.....so settle for a smaller WIN'.

Win less more often ! 

When I said bet on the tote you said  your big bet would ruin your divi cos the pools too small ! Pointless going $1k a place when only a few $k in pool.

From TAB's side , same issue ,if fixed odd place pools not large , why should they ruin their take out  $ on the race from a Canterbury winning punter . 

Why would they , they not a charity.

In fact the Races won't continue if they can't make a profit !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

But you explained the issue very well after saying it not about the money but about the chase.....so settle for a smaller WIN'.

Win less more often ! 

When I said bet on the tote you said  your big bet would ruin your divi cos the pools too small ! Pointless going $1k a place when only a few $k in pool.

From TAB's side , same issue ,if fixed odd place pools not large , why should they ruin their take out  $ on the race from a Canterbury winning punter . 

Why would they , they not a charity.

In fact the Races won't continue if they can't make a profit !

TAB,  I do not rely on winning on harness racing from the TAB Bookies!!

If I didnt ever have another bet it would not be the end of the world for Brodie!

As I say I do not need the money but I wouldnt be bothered punting to win low amounts, as I have other things I can do!

No the TAB is not a charity, good pick up!

They are a gambling agency with a monopoly in NZ and therefore they should be taking the good with the bad and their business policy is seriously flawed as I have stared many times!

Entain has come on board with a 25 year controlling interest in the NZ by stating that they were chucking millions into the stakes for 5 years, guaranteeing current TAB employees for 2 years!

We now know that they have broken that guarantee already and laid off heaps of employees and now operate mainly out of Australia.

They have introduced several things that appear to have logic to it but then they now make the decisions for 25 years.

At the end of the day we will all find out whether selling out to Entain was the right thing to do?

The point is that I can not think of any other business in NZ that is currently getting away with treating customers that want to spend large amounts of money with them, that are being penalised by not being able to spend the money!!!!!

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

That's not factually correct, anyone can bet with offshore agencies on NZ racing and sport. Have been for decades

The NZ TAB has got a monopoly in NZ!

There is no other competing gambling agency in NZ for racing and sport!

According to Mr Google, TAB NZ is a statutory monopoly for NZ sports betting, including betting on horse racing and greyhound racing!

So it is factually correct JJ!

• Fake News! 1

On 7/25/2024 at 12:19 PM, Rangatira said:

Driver of Stampede and Kind Nature ?

Here he is 😂 . driver Google Gav. sitting behind Stampede for a race.

Seen here with his 1/2 brother and another fine Southland horseman in the sulky'.

Any ideas who that team are Ranga ? even tried to take Gamma 💰 and Armalight 🏆 on at times , which was a bit of a challenge for them lol.😁

DSC03245.JPG

• Champ Post 1

Yes, this was quite unique two bro's going around.

Think Zabadak, Henry Skinner, use to be the quick one, while Stampede was more a staying type.

Remember Defoe being by Stampede, great wee horse, he was quick.

Edited by Blackie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined, let’s see what they offer. 2 bonus matched deposit offers, deposit $100 get $100 bonus cash ( stated this is most popular 🤭) or deposit $25 get $50 bonus cash, let’s see how this $25 goes on this site

It is a copy of the current TAB site. Is betting on racing included in the New Zealand tote pools or is everything fixed odds? Are they offering this to the rest of the world or only New Zealand?

I can not see the point of joining if you are already with the TAB, What advantages would there be. The TAB website is already terrible, Having two of them open at the same time would double the pain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

It is a copy of the current TAB site. Is betting on racing included in the New Zealand tote pools or is everything fixed odds? Are they offering this to the rest of the world or only New Zealand?

I can not see the point of joining if you are already with the TAB, What advantages would there be. The TAB website is already terrible, Having two of them open at the same time would double the pain.

No tote option, fixed odds or starting price. Yes, you’re right very similar, just changed names of offers to stuff you up. So TAB has 2nd & 3rd back first 2 races at harness today, Betcha has same offered first 2 races gallops? 
Will trifectas and exotics be same pool, or seperate? More questions than answers

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Maybe there is a short window of opportunity for our Master Bettor @Brodie to create a new account and "bet the odds"!

Set up another account @Brodie they may not have your betting history transferred yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One difference would be if you made any money at all on Betcha it would be an instant ban not just a restriction. I have faced this UK lot before in Australia and there is no leniency in their policies. It is almost like Saddam Hussein has risen from the dead and is now running their risk department.

I am guessing weeks not months before we start hearing stories of draconian measures.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Maybe there is a short window of opportunity for our Master Bettor @Brodie to create a new account and "bet the odds"!

Good idea we can take bets on how long it takes before he gets the push. Might even not be able to open an account if it already has a red flag on it.

• Like 1