Bit Of A Yarn

Geraldine Best Bets and Long Shots

Happy Sunrise

Well, the TAB aren't coming to the party with the longshots as the odds are a bit tight.

However, I like Young Stranger as he is in form and getting back to the grass. A bit tight at FF6.20 but his 3rd at Methven awhile back was good. He was skittled at Addington last start but showed he is still firing with a win at the Methven trials last week. The old boy might just run them off their feet and get another win as he loves the course.

I also like Beau Vista if he can get handy from his draw. Back to the grass (9-1-2) will be good and has won on a wet track before too. A bit short at FF5.50 so might be better on the tote.

Zoe's Gift has 2 placings on the grass, one in the wet, she ran on very well late in the piece to Sundon's Flyer and was still enjoying her work after the finishing post so at 7FF she might be worth a bet.

If it rains here could be a few bolters....

Overam at FF11.50 has very good grass track form (4-2-1) with a placing on a wet track. Seems a better horse on the green stuff as he beat Shadow Minister in April at Methven then a second to Prestopans  at the same track recently.

McLovin at 11FF is back to the grass (9-2-2) and in the wet (3-1-2) after a long while so if he leads out and gets handy as he can do then he might be there at the finish.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Will post a few in the morning happy, thought overarm & mclovin good bets also. Expecting heavy rain, geraldine  and mot will be interesting

Geraldine is on the river bed so shouldn't cut up too much but will be dead at best.

Motukarara could be off. Doesn't seem to cope with lots of rain. Not sure how much it got during the week but wouldn't need another batch of persistent rain.

Me tipping out horses is like Brodie advising on animal welfare, but does anybody else like Enchantee in R7? She's beaten most of these recently and was a close 5th in a much stronger field on Show Day.

Sadly, I won't see any of the races live as I'll be doing my best not to get mothered at the SI Beer Festival this afternoon, but I'll watch the replays later with interest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon i can make good a good profit with these horses, those on other site can only dream of! No doubt we will hear about it if something  crazy happens and i lose money?. Maybe those in poo poo site can post some, lets have a laff. 

R1-wet n windy

R2- Better getta Lover

R3- Michelle

R4- Loissoinya

R5- Betterthanspraying

R6-A Better Dancer

R7-Globetrekker

R8-Overarm

R9- Sparking Delight

R10-Mclovin

R11- Jonty Jones

Good luck all, love the grass track racing

Edited by Newmarket
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yes, always runs well. Going good races in stronger fields.

I thought she was a shoe in another time she raced at Geraldine but disappointed me so a touch wary but will probably include her somehow today.

Like Enchantee as well , always there abouts. But wouldnt back McLovin with counterfeit money sorry. My roughie is A Better Dancer R6, not much in this field.

17 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Well, the TAB aren't coming to the party with the longshots as the odds are a bit tight.

However, I like Young Stranger as he is in form and getting back to the grass. A bit tight at FF6.20 but his 3rd at Methven awhile back was good. He was skittled at Addington last start but showed he is still firing with a win at the Methven trials last week. The old boy might just run them off their feet and get another win as he loves the course.

Nice happy, and Newmarket gave us the quinella

3 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

There you go n.m, thanks for that, I backed didjbringthebeers this morning but was scratched and popped refund on globe trekker.....many thanks!

Well done. To be honest, i was lucky yo be up for the day. Got 30% of treble ending with globe trekker, other than that, most of my other nags galloped or didnt handle track. But im back, i reckon i will do better at Mot 2moro

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well done. To be honest, i was lucky yo be up for the day. Got 30% of treble ending with globe trekker, other than that, most of my other nags galloped or didnt handle track. But im back, i reckon i will do better at Mot 2moro

You only need 1 $17 winner to get ahead n.m ... But it was a funny day punting wise for sure, .. bring on the mot! $600 for your 30% treb not bad!

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Champ Post 1