NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Warning to Posters - no room for gossip on BOAY.

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Feel free to publish any tawdry details of your own life.

Don't bother posting about your own life.

I've posted about mine in depth on the greyhound forum & even that attracted a "thread lock" from Chief.

It seems gossip or even fact sometimes isn't allowed on BOAY.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Don't bother posting about your own life.

I've posted about mine in depth on the greyhound forum & even that attracted a "thread lock" from Chief.

It seems gossip or even fact sometimes isn't allowed on BOAY.

Once again Chazza you miss the point.  

Firstly you assume anyone is interested about your life history which quite honestly seems to be devoid of anything worth gossiping about.

Secondly more often than not what you state as facts are actually not in fact correct.  

For example you went on a bender about the Wanganui Straight Track being "crooked" as in not straight.  You posted manipulated pictures to try and support something that is manifestly untrue.  I lock Topics when the topic has been beaten to death and/or is factually false.  There are other reasons.

Now you are still allowed to start Topics, post on those topics and do everything that anyone else is on BOAY.  You are not moderated, your posts are not deleted, nor are they edited either prior to or post them being posted. 

You haven't been banned for as simple a reason as challenging the Administrators of this site or even openly disagreeing with them. 

If you want that I'm sure you can find another forum to go to.  

Even @Thomass aka Integrity101 is free to post here however he seems to lose command of the wrtten English language when he posts here.  Alors!

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Feel free to publish any tawdry details of your own life.

If I did!  it would take the enamel of the teeth of some!  frighten some* amuse others!

* those born with silver spoons up their back jack sees!!! ((names withheld for just now!!!)

Many would be surprised how in racing have that sort of linage!

WPH's post is goooooone

The fact that Scooby allows those types of threads is ridiculous. Imagine being Emily and having to read shit about her personal life, in which Scooby wouldn't have a scooby about.

Pathetic human

The fact that there is gossip doing the rounds doesn't abdicate the responsibility of a forum to maintain some decorum and sensitivity.  Especially where there are children involved.

Interesting how the Comic Dog readily deletes posts that his intellect struggles with or those that impugn his character yet does not apply the same principle to others.

Notably the Topic in question is not named after the alleged transgressor.

I guess Racecafe is only one step away from emulating the infamous Don Murray- Astrologer.  I guess some forums have lower standards than others.

I'm surprised flip flop standards Lane hasn't used his influence over there to close it down.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The fact that there is gossip doing the rounds doesn't abdicate the responsibility of a forum to maintain some decorum and sensitivity.  Especially where there are children involved.

re the role of 'gossip, in the local hood it plays its part in interconnecting people around the day to day flows of the area, it doesn't have to be nasty!

Internet Gossip! wow....

I like to treat this forum like a old school public bar, there are always in house rules to observe! And in current times kids are allow in the bars..   one rule I have is! Dont post anything that you wouldn't say standing in front of anyone! whoever the happen to be!!

it just so gets me! why the feck would you have a need to comment about a person private life! Exception made! if violence is play!

Enough banter!!! off to the Big Lego show! D town has flood, but the show must go on! 

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes and the only way he can do that is by editing someone else's initial post.

Which Scoobs and Leo used to do all the time - me included.

Still can't believe a website owner would edit posts and write new posts under one of their users' names. Quite abhorrent. 

5 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

I like to treat this forum like a old school public bar, there are always in house rules to observe! And in current times kids are allow in the bars..   one rule I have is! Dont post anything that you wouldn't say standing in front of anyone! whoever the happen to be!!

That's always been my philosophy for BOAY.

I've always said that most antagonists online would probably agree on most things over a good session at the local.