Bit Of A Yarn

let it ride & italian delight out of interdoms

Rangatira

https://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=38934

Inter Dominion - Let It Ride NZ & Italian Delight NZ Withdrawn

03 December 2018
Logo

The Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise that Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ have been scratched from their engagements in the Pacers Inter Dominion tomorrow night at Ballarat  under the provisions of Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 196B(3).

The scratchings relate to Mr Butt disclosing that an injection had been administered to Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ today, within one clear day of the race, for the purposes of extracting blood for analysis.

AHRR 196B states:

196B.  (1)  A person shall not without the permission of the Stewards within one (1) clear day of the commencement of a race administer, attempt to administer or cause to be administered an injection to a horse nominated for that race.

(2)  For the purposes of this Rule - 

(a)  One clear day means the twenty four (24) hour period from 12.01 a.m. to 12 midnight; 

(b)  Administering an injection to a horse means the use of a hypodermic needle or other instrument to introduce or extract any substance from the horse;

(c)  It is not necessary to establish whether any substance was injected or the nature of the substance injected

(3) The Stewards shall order the withdrawal or disqualification of a horse that has been either administered or attempted to have been administered an injection in breach of sub-rule (1).

(4)  A person who fails to comply with sub-rule (1) is guilty of an offence.

Given the mandatory nature of AHRR 196B(3) Stewards ordered that Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ be withdrawn from their engagements at Ballarat on 4 December 2018.

Mr Butt subsequently pleaded guilty to a charge under AHRR 196B(1) in that on 3 December 2018 he administered an injection to Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ, within one clear day of their engagement at Ballarat on 4 December 2018, without the permission of the Stewards.

In assessing penalty Stewards took into account the following factors:

• Mr Butt’s guilty plea and clear record;

• Mr Butt’s forthright evidence and admissions;

• Deterrence factors;

• The breach of the rule led to the scratching of the two runners;

• The injection was for the purposes of blood being extracted for analysis, as opposed to the introduction of a substance.

Stewards accordingly imposed a fine of $1,000.

Mr Butt was advised of his rights of appeal against the penalty imposed.

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

And why haven’t the TAB taken them out of the fields yet? As of now you can still back them on final field odds for tomorrow’s heats, trying to rip punters off who may not know they won’t be competing.

Also it doesn’t state on the TAB website what track these heats are going to be run at, just says. ‘Interdominion Harness’, they really are amateurs 

Edited by CrossCodes

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, surely they know the rules

Sure do, but people make mistakes too. I could imagine Tim Butt making the mistake as he was putting the welfare of the horses first and simply not thinking straight. I can't even fill in a betslip correctly half the time if I am distracted for a second even though I have done once or twice lol

People make mistakes like that all time.

I bet you no one is telling him off more than himself. He will be suffering along with the connections no doubt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sure do, but people make mistakes too. I could imagine Tim Butt making the mistake as he was putting the welfare of the horses first and simply not thinking straight. I can't even fill in a betslip correctly half the time if I am distracted for a second even though I have done once or twice lol

People make mistakes like that all time.

I bet you no one is telling him off more than himself. He will be suffering along with the connections no doubt.

I amazed you appear so blaze about this Sunrise? If it was another stable, like the AS for example, you would be jumping up and down. I think there is more to this... Butt has been in the game a long time and unlikely to make a mistake like this in my opinion. Tthe horses went poorly on opening night so Butt was giving them a little tonic

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Yep - if they had concerns, blood should have been taken on the Sunday morning.

Seems weird to me that he would wait for 36 hours after run to take bloods.Surely the sooner you take bloods the more accuracy comparing the results to the performance.

I see that other more switched on trainers took bloods on Sunday.

• Like 1

Nothing but a straight out mistake so all you conspiracy theorists are out of luck.

Butt runners scratched from Inter Doms

By Michael Guerin

An oversight from top trainer Tim Butt has ended his Inter Dominion pacing assault.

And cost him A$1000 in the process.

Butt had his two pacers Let It Ride and Italian Delight withdrawn from their heats at Ballarat on Tuesday and therefore the remainder of the series after he took blood off them today for a routine blood test.

Harness Racing Victoria rules forbid horses having any form of injection used on them for a clear 24 hours before raceday so stewards had little option but to scratch the pair.

The irony is Butt, who until last year trained with great success in Canterbury, actually told the stewards he had broken the rule.

“They rang me to ask how the horses were and I told them I had just taken a blood to have it tested to make sure they were fine,” said Butt.

“Then the told me I can’t do that and it dawned on me, no injections the day before the races even if it is extracting rather than putting anything into the horses.

“It is totally my mistake. I guess in the back of my mind I knew the rule but I honestly didn’t think about it.

“So I will have to cop that and apologise to the owners.” Stewards accepted their was nothing sinister in Butt’s actions and fined him A$1000.

The pair join local star Shadow Sax in being withdrawn from the series yesterday and leave the Kiwi pacing trio of Cruz Bromac, Spankem and I’m Pats Delight as three of maybe only six serious winning chances left for the A$500,000 final on Saturday week