Bit Of A Yarn

Naughty Northern Boys ?

Rangatira

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

In the races so far identified where was the "hot favourite" not trying?

47 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

a owner has big bet on hot favourite that he owns and it wins so how it that race fixing??? as was best horse in the race 

re the ashburton race on 15 july 2018

the issue is the assistance the favourite received from another runner/driver

there is also a betting issue regarding who bet on the favourite

the thing to remember here is once the pre race arrangement is made it matters not whether the fave actually required that assistance or if it even wins

1 hour ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

All they need to understand that if one is not trying, that is a criminal offence.

Geez that would the third of any field on any given day!  Good luck proving that.  If you get a shyte draw and an equally good a horse has a better one who doesn't save their horse for another day?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well look how hard it is to prove match fixing in Cricket.  If they are found innocent no doubt there will be enough for some to continue to say they were guilty.

It is obvious that the RIU are test casing this.  I wish they would get on with some of the easier tasks that they seem to fail with across all codes.

There have been MANY cricketers banned for match fixing.

How is this obviously a test case for the RIU? This is a POLICE investigation of criminal offending and charges have been brought before the NZ Courts.  It is not the RIU's jurisdiction to deal with Criminal Offending.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brando said:

There have been MANY cricketers banned for match fixing.

How is this obviously a test case for the RIU? This is a POLICE investigation of criminal offending and charges have been brought before the NZ Courts.  It is not the RIU's jurisdiction to deal with Criminal Offending.

SOME cricketers yes (how many is it in a game where many many billions are bet?).  But how many cases taken to court in New Zealand under the new law?

Test Case for the RIU because previously they would have gone through the JCA process.

I'd say there will be a posse of lawyers lining up on both sides to test this law.  They all like a chance to get their name in lights and in precedents.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If betting trends back that up then that is there for all punters to see.  What's the advantage?

So driver A gives driver B the lead.  Which gives A the trail.  I thought that was a good posi to be in?  Now B gets taken on by C and has to reluctantly hand up.  Obviously C wasn't in on the deal.  Nor were the other 12 drivers in the field.

These prosecutions are a mine field.  I'm waiting for one of the accused to do a plea bargin.  

I am sure not all scenarios paid off, as you said, not everyone in the race will be involved, just the crooks. 

But if the 2 favoured runners connections have some sort of plan together, well you have to admit, gives them a huge advantage over rival runners. 

By what i have been told, from reliable source, police are doing a very, very good job. 

57 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Are you talking about the Dunn horses?

Yep. Looking closely at betting records. A certain person did all they could for the stable, think you got abused for asking the questions. 

I am really happy this is all coming out, some could be cleared, but not looking good for some

31 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Yep. Looking closely at betting records. A certain person did all they could for the stable, think you got abused for asking the questions. 

I am really happy this is all coming out, some could be cleared, but not looking good for some

Well they were charged.  Interesting the family lay advocate has gone very very quiet on the latest charges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

The race in June where it was hit late on FOB?

If that was the case then there would have been some very disillusioned and angry  large punters after they watched that race.  They must have been questioning whether they were better off not punting on the trots.  Remember what the trackside presenter said who had labelled it as his bet of the day....   The drive was unbelievable, simply unbelievable.      I guess you cant say  well it looked like he did everything to not run anywhere on trackside,even if it looks obvious. .

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

If that was the case then there would have been some very disillusioned and angry  large punters after they watched that race.  They must have been questioning whether they were better off not punting on the trots.  Remember what the trackside presenter said who had labelled it as his bet of the day....   The drive was unbelievable, simply unbelievable.    

stipes were happy as larry

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

stipes were happy as larry

Stipes do not want to upset such  high profile people and do not bet.

Your right of course,they do look rather inept now  when it comes to that race. I think the south island ones have upped their game since as a result

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, the galah said:

Stipes do not want to upset such  high profile people and do not bet.

Your right of course,they do look rather inept now  when it comes to that race.

and the race after the  tuapeka cup in 2016

are the stipes just tired and aware that questioning a drive will just make for more work further down the track

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

and the race after the  tuapeka cup in 2016

are the stipes just tired and aware that questioning a drive will just make for more work further down the track

Had they  dunn their job that day then those involved may never have thought they would continue to get away with it,and there may never have been a need for operation inca.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1