Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury Punting Question

Happy Sunrise

I thought She's Allthe Craze would go well at Forbury on November 29 but went a shocking race for her. I think the racing had caught up with her. Especially the heavy track at Geraldine (24th) which I think flattened her and then backing up again at Oamaru (1st) a few days later where I gave her no chance.

So, question is, after a 18 day break and a second at a workout behind Arran Chief in slow time do you think she is worth backing tonight at Forbury?  She is at 10FF and 3 FF and looks like being more the tote. Her efforts at Addington behind some good sorts were very encouraging and now she is back in a less intimidating field.

Do I put my faith in Bruce Negus to have got the energy back in her or is she just a trotter who has had enough and now out of form?

image.thumb.png.c6dad3b8a794e29b6fe8b067e555f16c.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I thought She's Allthe Craze would go well at Forbury on November 29 but went a shocking race for her. I think the racing had caught up with her. Especially the heavy track at Geraldine (24th) which I think flattened her and then backing up again at Oamaru (1st) a few days later where I gave her no chance.

So, question is, after a 18 day break and a second at a workout behind Arran Chief in slow time do you think she is worth backing tonight at Forbury?  She is at 10FF and 3 FF and looks like being more the tote. Her efforts at Addington behind some good sorts were very encouraging and now she is back in a less intimidating field.

Do I put my faith in Bruce Negus to have got the energy back in her or is she just a trotter who has had enough and now out of form?

image.thumb.png.c6dad3b8a794e29b6fe8b067e555f16c.png

Nice money happy, I went light on her today after last time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Clifton Flutter R7. Should go very close"

7 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Hope it can carry weight!

It got stuck.

I dislike being 3 back on the inside on the home turn at Forbury in tight quarters. You get left behind or flat footed and it is really hard to get momentum back.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

"Clifton Flutter R7. Should go very close"

It got stuck.

I dislike being 3 back on the inside on the home turn at Forbury in tight quarters. You get left behind or flat footed and it is really hard to get momentum back.

Come unstuck there. They got some back that time. Weak run in the end, funny horse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

Chris McDowell has come on so much as a trainer.

Just ask Brodie about Rainy River! ?

Have to agree on that one, followed his team in the early days and eventually gave up after one of them changed stables and won 3 straight away, after I felt like I had bought it,, think j cox trained it,  oh and rainy river, by the time he started winning races I was worn out and lighter for the experience, good on him now seems  to have some tidy horses. The big dividends always got my attention in the early days.

• Like 2