Bit Of A Yarn

Common Sense Prevails.

Arsenic

I’ve just received a phone call informing me that the trainers Bradshaw, Jopson, Steele and Lee  have won their case in regards to the charge of scratching their dogs without a valid reason at Forbury in November .

I must take my hat off to these 4 trainers who were prepared to take the penalty of a 28 day standown and a monetary fine for the welfare of their dogs.

Great to see common sense prevails.

Well done you 4 for caring about your animals 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 4

Yes, a good and proper result. Says a lot about poor decision making by the Stipes on the day. All trainers should be given the choice to withdraw their dogs on the day when mother nature serves up sloppy tracks such was Forbury on this occasion. Dogs that come from off the pace are clearly disadvantaged in these conditions, not to mention dogs with nail problems, or cramping problems in deep tracks.

• Champ Post 1

I’m expecting the judicial hearing report to be emailed to me in the next few hours would expect to make interesting read.

Yes very poor decision by the Stipes on the day to let this meeting continue , but some criticism should also fall on the trainers who carried on racing at the expense of there dogs welfare.

These trainers surely can’t have the dogs welfare at heart or there money hungry and race at all costs attitude.

We all know who they are.

• Like 1

Having read that you would expect a new rule will be put in place fairly soon one would think. 

Mr Coppins where did he come from , is he an ex plod like all the rest .

Clearly can’t think on his feet .

No sign of common sense shown by these Stipes on track on the day .

Well done  to those 4 once again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feel The Fritter said:

Coppins from my memory he worked for the N.Z.G.R.A. and in actual fact drafted the Welfare Policy for Greyhounds N.Z.   On a day when dogs could have been wearing waders   it's a shame his own welfare policy didn't cut the mustard.. 

Now your just having a laugh.

l know there lacking but really

Now that is a laugh , he wrote the welfare policy and he can’t even figure out the rules that he helped write . 

I was of the belief  that it couldn’t get any worse than what we have seen from the RIU over the last year or two but this has to take the cake.

You happen to write policy but you have no idea how to follow it .

Amazing 

• Like 1

Debatable Taku,  McInerney would be the last one to worry about a Greyhounds Welfare. The van load that died on the Ferry trip is still fresh in a lot of minds and to be honest the condition of most of his numbers are a disgrace. Thier dogs don't have blankets in the kennels to lie on  and shit everywhere. Would say just an ongoing struggle between the Macs and officialdom...

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Feel The Fritter said:

Debatable Taku,  McInerney would be the last one to worry about a Greyhounds Welfare. The van load that died on the Ferry trip is still fresh in a lot of minds and to be honest the condition of most of his numbers are a disgrace. Thier dogs don't have blankets in the kennels to lie on  and shit everywhere. Would say just an ongoing struggle between the Macs and officialdom...

Past atrocities aside. Being 1.8kg down is not a good sign for any Greyhound if the trainer believes they shouldn't be

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Taku Umanga said:

The 3 dog up 4.1kg    and   24.1 lengths last ... could be a bigger concern

1 26568 Goldstar Shiloah +0.5 S & B Evans 16.00 3.70 13.50 2.90
2 44372 Heidi Hates Rap Sharon Hindson 5.50 1.75 5.50 1.40
3 5887X Homebush Connor +4.1 John McInerney 31.00 5.75 24.90 6.70
4 63762 High Sparrow +0.5 Ashley Bradshaw 3.00 1.32 2.80 1.30
5 42584 Raptor Attack Ashley Bradshaw 6.00 1.90 5.10 1.80
6 486F7 Special As Janine Jopson 23.00 4.80 21.40 4.90
7   Knows No Better Michael Dempsey 10.00 2.50 14.90 3.90
8   Mitcham Quinn Bruce Dann 3.60 1.36 4.40 1.50

4 hours ago, Feel The Fritter said:

The 3 dog up 4.1kg    and   24.1 lengths last ... could be a bigger concern

1 26568 Goldstar Shiloah +0.5 S & B Evans 16.00 3.70 13.50 2.90
2 44372 Heidi Hates Rap Sharon Hindson 5.50 1.75 5.50 1.40
3 5887X Homebush Connor +4.1 John McInerney 31.00 5.75 24.90 6.70
4 63762 High Sparrow +0.5 Ashley Bradshaw 3.00 1.32 2.80 1.30
5 42584 Raptor Attack Ashley Bradshaw 6.00 1.90 5.10 1.80
6 486F7 Special As Janine Jopson 23.00 4.80 21.40 4.90
7   Knows No Better Michael Dempsey 10.00 2.50 14.90 3.90
8   Mitcham Quinn Bruce Dann 3.60 1.36 4.40 1.50

Read the report just up now dog was seriously injured by the looks of it. Hold on if It won would you be saying that? Look after your own backyard I’d say. Funny how people keep throwing stones at this trainer and they just keep producing winners keep up the good work guys don’t let this one knock you down .

Guest CrossCodes
8 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Read the report just up now dog was seriously injured by the looks of it. Hold on if It won would you be saying that? Look after your own backyard I’d say. Funny how people keep throwing stones at this trainer and they just keep producing winners keep up the good work guys don’t let this one knock you down .

Let’s be really honest, they win races because they have most of the runners, especially a Tuesday l, when was the last time they won a race of any note? Answer is years and years because when they have to actually against other trainers then. 

Think before you write . They win races all the time , they put in a huge amount of work and they deserve all the success they get . Yes they may have 4 or 5 in the race they can still get beat, even if they had 7 and the other dog is better/faster they will still get beaten. They win races with just one dog in there. They have won group 1s . I also see of late they have not been importing as much if at all . So nz bred as well not many can say that . But hey keep knocking them. I gave him a ring the other day said does he every get on and have a read ... he laughed it off and said wouldn’t even waste my time . So keep up the good work . 

Guest CrossCodes

I’ll look forward to seeing Homebush Connor in a rehoming program soon then?

Since you know the kennel so well where do all his dogs go after racing Honestly? (We all know the answer sadly)

9 hours ago, Honestly said:

Think before you write . They win races all the time , they put in a huge amount of work and they deserve all the success they get . Yes they may have 4 or 5 in the race they can still get beat, even if they had 7 and the other dog is better/faster they will still get beaten. They win races with just one dog in there. They have won group 1s . I also see of late they have not been importing as much if at all . So nz bred as well not many can say that . But hey keep knocking them. I gave him a ring the other day said does he every get on and have a read ... he laughed it off and said wouldn’t even waste my time . So keep up the good work . 

11 hours ago, Honestly said:

My post was directed to Taku and was based on  weight differences Honestly..Sorry to see the dog was injured but I believe that was  caused  mainly by his serious weight hike.Contrary to the stipes comments I don't think the dog hit the rail, his line was taken early and he received a couple of knocks but his condition was the main concern. My other concern is that the fella would have not have  received any tea last night and is probably down the doggy hole like thousands before him, another is whether Scotty Wallis (Stipe) indirectly connected to the Macs would go for a visit to see how the dog is? That way we could help the team at Head Office trying to track dogs that have vanished complimenting the current  on going report that is affecting all in the sport.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Feel The Fritter said:

Contrary to the stipes comments I don't think the dog hit the rail, his line was taken early and he received a couple of knocks but his condition was the main concern.

The Steward needs his eyes checked and his companion on the day needs his integrity investigated.

This dog did come close to the rail, about a close as the #2 & #1 just before it & far closer than it will ever get to a rehoming program.

image.thumb.png.97ddabffd9c0ebb0eb2fafa2627c401b.png

10 hours ago, Honestly said:

Haha typical answer clearly no one like success on here 

I don't think anyone jealous of his success, the problem is he is breeding too many dogs.

Anyone who thinks all of these dogs being bred and not rehomed is a good thing are daft. They are helping put the nails into the coffin of the sport

• Like 1